Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Kaepernick

I hope the rumors of considering him are just that, rumors. I think he would be the worst addition the Texans could make it their franchise history. This acquisition would be disgusting, and would cease to be a Texan fan. He would only bring discord into a solid team.
    Yes, we should actively pursue Kaepernick
    36.00%
    No, we should not even consider him
    64.00%

I disagree with you 100% Much respect though. I hope the Texans find a way to bring him in. I think Kaepernick has a lot left in the tank and would be a major weapon for Bill
    sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

If the Texans bring in Kaepernick, I WILL NOT BE WATCHING OR BUYING ANYTHING TEXANS!!!!

Comment

I'm a disabled vet. If the Texans sign Krapernick, I will be greatly disappointed.

Comment

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
          I do not see Cutler or Kaepernick coming to Texans.

I see Tom Savage as the starter ahead of Brandon Weeden and a first-round pick.

McClain has said, I think on his Tennessee radio show, that Kaepernick wouldn't get past McNair.
          I don't think there's a love affair going on between the front office and Bill O'Brien, good chance of a mutual separation after 2017. -- Lance Zierlein and Jayson Braddock

Comment

I'm neutral on the issue -- I think he can be a viable starter if your coach has a plan for him. One user on the board said he's been playing through finger and shoulder injuries on his throwing arm last year and part of the year before.

I just don't know if he's the answer for us. How fast can he pick up the playbook? In SF he got to red shirt a year before he saw meaningful snaps. One thing that stands out to me when looking at his stats is how well he protects the ball and limits turnovers.. but stats can be misleading.. Tebow's stats suggested that he protected the ball well too...

Comment

Its amazing to me on how many people are tripping on this man for taking a stance on African Americans getting killed by our police officers.

Smh!

sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Im pushing Weedon with what little power I have hes got everything we need especially the experience !!! I like TS but got to go with BW for that reason and he knows the O probably as well as TS 3 seasons ? Yeah hes ready for a 1 season run protect him and let that Rocket arm push the ball down field . I do want a QB in the draft if there is 1 there OB likes and can coach up !!

Comment

Originally posted by vtech9 View Post
                  I'm a disabled vet. If the Texans sign Krapernick, I will be greatly disappointed.
                  Thank You for your Service !! I support your decision as well , on my own opinion of his stance on The Men in Blue ....

Comment

I say we take him; on 2 conditions. First and most important: A public apology for past behavior with a contract clause saying he is not allowed to comment on any political subject. 2) He agrees to league minimum salary with no bonuses available.

Take it or leave it he has no other options at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post
                      I disagree with you 100% Much respect though. I hope the Texans find a way to bring him in. I think Kaepernick has a lot left in the tank and would be a major weapon for Bill
                      I think Kap is more of a target than a weapon at this point. I'm having enough trouble dealing with our all star LT being a disrespectful sucker. Why would we ever bring in another idiot?
                      https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

What about Kaepernick makes you think he's an idiot? His work ethic? His ability to win playoff games? His willingness to start for a little more than half what Osweiler (who is worse) got paid? Does standing up (or kneeling) for ones beliefs make you an idiot? Pretty sure George Washington stood for what he believed in. England didn't like it. Kaepernick makes a reasonable stand saying that he can't support the flag, because it's letting down those it claims to support. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Union workers go on strike all the time. Players go on strike. Kaepernick has gone on a political strike to try and usher in change. Rosa Parks sat for what she believed in. What is so wrong with Kaepernick kneeling? I don't see it. Freedom of Religion. Freedom of Speech. Right for peaceful protest. Yet he has become a pariah for what he believes in. Trump says make America great again and then blacklists Colin Kaepernick for trying to improve it. The Hypocrisy around this whole situation astounds me. If I've​ missed the point entirely, please clarify why he is an idiot in your mind. But if players can play in spite of color, race, background, or sexual orientation, why can't Kaepernick play in spite of his political views? And I really am sorry to go political... I try to steer clear of that by a wide margin.. but I realize it's a very big issue surrounding him. Judge him by on field production and by what he's like in the locker room. Not what the media says. We see Rick Smith being dumb on a regular basis, but the media praises him. Try to see truth instead of media propaganda. Kaepernick has sold a lot of papers and been on a lot of news coverage. It's all propaganda, just like deflate gate or Tom's Jersey's or Cutler's​ butt. Everyone is involved in a media circus. It's the NFL after all..

P.S. I've got a lot of respect for you Marshall and I am not trying to strike a nerve. I really just want to express a counter-analytical viewpoint. I think there are two sides to this and I believe the media has spun it one way to get their desired ratings.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

I think Kap is more of a target than a weapon at this point. I'm having enough trouble dealing with our all star LT being a disrespectful sucker. Why would we ever bring in another idiot?
                          My response is above. The site failed to attach quote.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post

Thank You for your Service !! I support your decision as well , on my own opinion of his stance on The Men in Blue ....
                            You don't like crooked cops? Me neither. And Kaepernick. He specifically said the cops he is referring to are of the crooked, abusive, underhanded variety. Not officers serving and protecting. Just those abusing their power and authority.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
                              Its amazing to me on how many people are tripping on this man for taking a stance on African Americans getting killed by our police officers.

Smh!
                              They must not like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, president Lincoln either. I'm glad you realize that Kaepernick isn't an Anti-American Cop Hater. He just wants a better, more just America and initially chose a poor way to execute it. Gunning down a kid in a hoodie is not due process. Don't see how that's a bad thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X