Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kemahkeith View Post
    Here is my .02 on this matter. Regardless of my personal thoughts on this matter. As a 6 year Air Force man, I get angered when people do not respect the national anthem and the presentation of the Colors. But with that being said America was founded on the principals of freedom of expression.

Now to my thought that really matters in my head. Bill's O. is not geared to scrambling passer. It is geared to a pocket passer that can make multiple reads. And, I just do not think the accuracy, timing, and PATIENCE is what Kap brings to the table. That is the reason why I don't want him here.
    I completely agree -- I'm still Active Duty Air Force, almost 8 years in.. The way I see it.. contractually, I can peacefully protest when off base and not in uniform. In reality -- If I want to maintain my security clearance when it comes time to renew it, I have to be able to check the box that says "I have never protested the US government".

I may be alone in these thoughts, but personally -- The military needs civilians to protest for them, because they are unable to protest themselves.. I don't necessarily agree with his method, because I don't think it accomplishes much.. But I fully support him trying to peacefully make a change to an area he believes needs change.

I didn't speak to your second paragraph, but I second this too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post

I completely agree -- I'm still Active Duty Air Force, almost 8 years in.. The way I see it.. contractually, I can peacefully protest when off base and not in uniform. In reality -- If I want to maintain my security clearance when it comes time to renew it, I have to be able to check the box that says "I have never protested the US government".

I may be alone in these thoughts, but personally -- The military needs civilians to protest for them, because they are unable to protest themselves.. I don't necessarily agree with his method, because I don't think it accomplishes much.. But I fully support him trying to peacefully make a change to an area he believes needs change.

I didn't speak to your second paragraph, but I second this too.

Right. Although I do find it disrespectful, I have no problem with him protesting. My problem with it is the time and the place. By all accounts, he was on the job. He was in uniform, and therefore was a representative of that team, it's coaches, and it's owner. I don't know of another workplace that will allow you to protest on the job, and in uniform, without firing you after.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtech9 View Post

Right. Although I do find it disrespectful, I have no problem with him protesting. My problem with it is the time and the place. By all accounts, he was on the job. He was in uniform, and therefore was a representative of that team, it's coaches, and it's owner. I don't know of another workplace that will allow you to protest on the job, and in uniform, without firing you after.
        You know, millions of us go to work daily and the environment of our workplaces prohibit any public protest or display of anything other than teamwork. What's with the sports stars and movie stars that take advantage of social media and networks to voice their opinions as if they speak for Americans. It's an unfair and biased system that does nothing more than antagonize those of us that don't have an outlet. We are stuck with just trying to quietly make things work despite road bumps.

Comment

• I love that there are 170+ post of heated exchange about Kaepernick's actions in a short time frame..........and still some wonder why he's not signed somewhere.

Comment

• Oh, we know why he hasn't signed. I find it interesting that some teams are willing to accept far worse though. Actual felons in uniform and celebrated. The Texans have always avoided all controversy. I respect the football opinions about him. I respect fans opinions about their willingness to support a team that employs such an individual. That's the interesting thing about what he did. I liken it to the two BLM women that stole the mic from Bernie Sanders. Part of me was screaming "why take on the candidate most likely to side with you." I still think that but realized we were talking BLM far longer than we would have normally. The gamut was effective in garnering attention, but that attention came with a heavy price.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

You know, millions of us go to work daily and the environment of our workplaces prohibit any public protest or display of anything other than teamwork. What's with the sports stars and movie stars that take advantage of social media and networks to voice their opinions as if they speak for Americans. It's an unfair and biased system that does nothing more than antagonize those of us that don't have an outlet. We are stuck with just trying to quietly make things work despite road bumps.

They've been doing this for a long time. Ali, Kareem, Jim Brown and host of others.

I agree with you 100% .

A second chance might do Kap some wonders. I understand the makeup of our offense. But if we can't protect that stand in the pocket and go through the million reads, a good scrambling QB like Kap is needed. Im with Methos on given Weeden the nod because Savage just can't stay healthy.
              Last edited by Texanballer; 04-14-2017, 01:44 AM.
              sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by cam713 View Post

Again... that piece of cloth symbolizes the government and their agenda. People join the army to get paid and enforce their government's agenda. Also, people need to stop playing the "what about the veterans" card when americans are completely fine with many of them being poor, suicidal, homeless, and mentally ill. Veterans have become nothing more than a convenient excuse to silence Kaep from addressing issues that certain people don't want to talk about.

As for being selfish... he could've turned a blind eye to it and just worried about himself and his paycheck like many rich and famous people do. If anything, he's a martyr.
                So, you think people really join the armed forces just to get paid? Some of us Join because our country needs us, or we felt we owe our country something other than taking.. My Dad and uncles served too. Some of the finest human beings I have know served. You call it a piece of cloth that symbolizes the Government, you are wrong. The white stripes symbolize our Purity & innocence, the red is for hardiness and valor and the blue is for our Chief, and means vigilance, perseverance & justice.. It is about America, not the government, it's not about whether Republicans or Democrats are in charge. Kaepernick could of protested in other ways, just not on my dime as a vet. We pay the high ticket prices, and have to endure commercials on TV to watch games, all of which pays Kaepernick's salary. So I ask you, why the heck would I want him on the team that I love! Kaepernick is a good kid but he made bad decisions and he would only bring discord into the locker room. I will cease being a Texan fan if they bring him in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texanballer View Post

They've been doing this for a long time. Ali, Kareem, Jim Brown and host of others.

I agree with you 100% .

A second chance might do Kap some wonders. I understand the makeup of our offense. But if we can't protect that stand in the pocket and go through the million reads, a good scrambling QB like Kap is needed. Im with Methos on given Weeden the nod because Savage just can't stay healthy.
                  Baller if we could just ever avoid the extremes in this country we would be all right. Unfortunately the extremes are promoted in our social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

McClain has said, I think on his Tennessee radio show, that Kaepernick wouldn't get past McNair.
                    I don't doubt it. McNair would not bring him in.

I heard someone say that they think his issues would cause more problems to any team than help. Unlike say Cutler, he is not just acting immature at times
                    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
                    X