No announcement yet.

2017 Texans Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty tough schedule, I think Tennessee,Jacksonville, and Indy will be much tougher next year, then we got road trip to Seattle, New England, games against Pit and KC, that's 10 extremely loseable games right there. My expectations are lowest they've been for this team in the JJ Watt era next year, probably shouldn't even waste time with a QB in the draft this year we may have a top 5 draft pick next year, hopefully there will be some good QB's in the 2018 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
      Strategic advantages should be evened out. They are not. We play at the cold weather stadium every year when it's most likely to be cold. It should alternate.

Of course finally beating them there in the cold weather might cause an earthquake and allow a return to equality with about half the home games early and half the home games late with each division rival..
      do you even watch the games? Indy plays indoors, so cold weather plays no factor. also we've played then there in December the past 2 seasons both of which we have won so where is the earthquake?
      sigpic

Comment

Marc Vandermeer @TexansVoice
        Final three division games all on the road, all in December.

And at Indy in the back end of the home and home - again??
        Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

do you even watch the games? Indy plays indoors, so cold weather plays no factor. also we've played then there in December the past 2 seasons both of which we have won so where is the earthquake?
          I watch the games both on the field and in the corporate offices of the NFL. Do you?
          https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Who makes the schedule??? Why is it we ALWAYS play the patriots AT NE??

Comment

According to an NFL.com and It was on Torro Times writer, we go 11-5 including beating NE...yet getting beat by Cincy.

Only question, who is the QB for that 11-5?

Link:
              'Houston Texans 2017 season game-by-game predictions' on
              http://torotimes.com/2017/04/21/hous...e-predictions/
              JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
                According to an NFL.com and It was on Torro Times writer, we go 11-5 including beating NE...yet getting beat by Cincy.

Only question, who is the QB for that 11-5?

Link:
                'Houston Texans 2017 season game-by-game predictions' on
                http://torotimes.com/2017/04/21/hous...e-predictions/
                I doubt that the writer wanted to bother with such details. Somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 is what I expect year after year from this organization until something changes, and they have recently delivered on target.

This is season they enter with an untested QB and a tough schedule at first glance, especially with 4 of the last 6 games on the road. I doubt that this will be a breakout year on the upside.
                Last edited by Will 51; 04-22-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Schedule looks tough. Should make us more ready for the playoffs if we get through these teams.
                  Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                  TexansCap.com

Comment

Post draft prediction (hope I'm wrong)...

Sep. 10 JAX W
                    Sep. 14 @CIN L
                    Sep. 24 @NE L
                    Oct. 1 TEN L
                    Oct. 8 KC L
                    Oct. 15 CLE W
                    Week 7 BYE
                    Oct. 29 at SEA L
                    Nov. 5 IND L
                    Nov. 12 @LAR W
                    Nov. 19 ARI W
                    Nov. 27 @BAL L
                    Dec. 3 @TEN L
                    Dec. 10 SF W
                    Dec. 17 @JAX W
                    Dec. 25 PIT L
                    Dec. 31 @IND L

AFC South
                    TEN 10-6
                    IND 8-8
                    JAX 7-9
                    HOU 6-10
                    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

ouch thats harsh...I got:
                      W, W, L, W, W, W, unsure against Sea...they dont really scare me and arent as good as they have been in the past, W, W, L, W, split w/ Tenn, W, W, L, W

Ive got at least 10 wins but leaning towards 11.

Again thats just at first glance and hoping Savage stays healthy.

Comment

Texans announce 2017 home game themes

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans today announced the themes for each home game in 2017.

Coinciding with the Homecoming Game presented by Palais Royal on Sunday, Nov. 19 against the Arizona Cardinals, the Texans will induct Andre Johnson as the inaugural member of the team’s Ring of Honor during a halftime ceremony. The former Texans receiver, who spent 12 seasons with the team, signed a one-day contract on Wednesday, April 19 to officially retire as a member of the Texans. Johnson earned seven Pro Bowl berths with Houston and remains the team’s all-time leader in receptions (1,012), receiving yards (13,597) and receiving touchdowns (64).

The Texans kick off their regular season home slate against the Jacksonville Jaguars by donning white-on-white uniforms for the annual Liberty White Out Game presented by BHP Billiton.

Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton comes against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, Dec. 10, and the home schedule concludes with a Christmas Day edition of ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” against the Pittsburgh Steelers, which serves as Fan Appreciation Day.

For Houston Texans ticket information, visit HoustonTexans.com or call 832-667-2390.
                        HOUSTON TEXANS 2017 HOME GAME THEMES
                        Date Opponent Time (CT) Theme
                        Sat., Aug. 19 New England Patriots 7 p.m. State of Football/NFL Play Football presented by Verizon
                        Thu., Aug. 31 Dallas Cowboys 7 p.m. Texans Care
                        Sun., Sept. 10 Jacksonville Jaguars Noon Liberty White Out presented by BHP Billiton
                        Sun., Oct. 1 Tennessee Titans Noon Kids Day – A Celebration of PLAY 60 presented by Texas Children’s Hospital
                        Sun., Oct. 8 Kansas City Chiefs 7:30 p.m. Pink Ribbon Day/NFL Crucial Catch presented by Kroger
                        Sun., Oct. 15 Cleveland Browns Noon Deep Steel Sunday presented by Hyundai
                        Sun., Nov. 5 Indianapolis Colts Noon Salute to Service presented by Bud Light
                        Sun., Nov. 19 Arizona Cardinals Noon Homecoming presented by Palais Royal/Andre Johnson Ring of Honor induction
                        Sun., Dec. 10 San Francisco 49ers Noon Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton
                        Mon., Dec. 25 Pittsburgh Steelers 3:30 p.m. Fan Appreciation Day

Comment

The Houston Texans have the toughest schedule of the 2017 NFL season

Washington Post
                          J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans (Adam Glanzman/Getty Images)

The Houston Texans don’t have an easy road back to the playoffs. In fact, they have the toughest.

According to 2017 win forecasts based on Football Outsiders’ Defense-adjusted Value Over Average, the Texans will play against teams who are expected to finish the season with eight wins.

The reigning AFC South winners have the toughest road to start the season, facing three other division winners in the first eight weeks of 2017 — the New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs and Seattle Seahawks. Overall, Houston’s first-half opponents are projected to finish the season with an average record of 9-7.

Houston has a slightly easier path to the playoffs during the second half of the season, but it has to play a road game against each divisional rival — the Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars and Indianapolis Colts — plus host the Pittsburgh Steelers over the five final weeks of the season.

The level of difficulty is multiplied by the Texans’ lack of a reliable quarterback.

Houston traded its 2016 starter, Brock Osweiler, to the Cleveland Browns, leaving Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden as the only two passers left on the Texans roster. Neither looks much like a capable starting quarterback.

Savage has thrown 92 passes in two NFL seasons, completing 56 for 588 yards, no touchdowns and an interception. Weeden, a first-round pick in the 2012 draft, hasn’t played a game since December 2015 and boasts a career 76 passer rating with a 31-to-30 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL, and the fact that Houston needs to roll the dice on one of two unproven commodities to navigate the toughest slate of games in the league doesn’t bode well for its future.

There hasn’t been at least a three-peat winner of the AFC South since the Colts ruled the division from 2003 to 2007, and with the way Houston’s schedule lines up, that streak likely won’t end any time soon.

Comment

Laughing out loud at the 6-10 Prediction. Went from 8-8 to 6-10. Wow some Texans fans.
                            sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Working...
                            X