Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

it's like you do zero research before posting anything on here Matt

First All of brady's scouting reports coming out said he had a weak arm. which he did, it wasn't as strong as it is today. Strength is something you can build, and I guarantee if they took his velocity at the combine it wouldn't have hit the 55 mph threshold.
    http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...-report-030317

Also if you have watched any of Watsons tape you know he can change his throws, like many other good qbs do. However I don't expect you to watch or comprehend them so here is another link for you to read in which it states he has a full inventory of throws
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...on-qb-clemson/
    Watch Brady his 1st season and say he had a weak arm. Hoodie said in The Brady 6 that "Tom had a factor that he had not seen before and was looked over coming out." That's why at the time he did something that is beyond rare, he put Brady on the final roster because he knew if teams saw what he had he would be signed by someone else. The coaches said that he beat out the QBs on the roster his rookie season in TC (Drew didn't have a weak arm by any stretch). But Hoodie couldn't start him after they had just given Drew money. I was born in Michigan and am a diehard Wolverines fan. Never miss a game, have seen every single game since I was 5, I'm 42 now. Second, Watson can vary his ball speed not his release speed. That takes time. Various ball speeds are simple, less on a short pass more on a longer pass. Playing even in high school most QBs can do it. Maybe a better way to explain is touch. On some throws he has it on others he doesn't have it or it looks sloppy.
    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post

Watch Brady his 1st season and say he had a weak arm. Hoodie said in The Brady 6 that "Tom had a factor that he had not seen before and was looked over coming out." That's why at the time he did something that is beyond rare, he put Brady on the final roster because he knew if teams saw what he had he would be signed by someone else. The coaches said that he beat out the QBs on the roster his rookie season in TC (Drew didn't have a weak arm by any stretch). But Hoodie couldn't start him after they had just given Drew money. I was born in Michigan and am a diehard Wolverines fan. Never miss a game, have seen every single game since I was 5, I'm 42 now. Second, Watson can vary his ball speed not his release speed. That takes time. Various ball speeds are simple, less on a short pass more on a longer pass. Playing even in high school most QBs can do it. Maybe a better way to explain is touch. On some throws he has it on others he doesn't have it or it looks sloppy.
      no where in anything Belichik said did it mention Brady having a strong arm. Brady had a weak arm coming out, I'm not making it up that was a knock on him. I don't care how many games you watched it was a concern from scouts. I think it could be more beneficial for a qb to maybe not start out with the strongest arm, it makes you have to learn how to throw with timing g and anticipation which is what Brady excels at. You can see Watson do this in his tape as well, he's got to get quicker at it sometimes but you can see him throwing before his reciever makes a break or comes open numerous times.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shishkabob View Post
        ...Brady had a weak arm coming out, I'm not making it up that was a knock on him...
        He had an average arm but hadn't filled out yet, playing at 195 lbs at 6'4 3/8" as a senior.

Brady was drafted by the Expos as a catcher.
        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

• Brady scouting report:

Here’s Buchsbaum’s pre-draft analysis of Brady, who you surely know was chosen 199th overall, the greatest draft-day steal in league history:
          Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the ’99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you’d like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can’t drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you’re looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength, and mobility but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but is not for everyone.
          https://www.boston.com/sports/untagg..._book_on_brady

Comment

• Here's my concern about Deshaun Watson and his winning pedigree..

Strengths
            ______ is a natural leader with high character. Played with a lot of intelligence in _______ system which he mastered. Was extremely productive. Possesses a quick release. Displays great accuracy in the short passing game and puts the ball in a position to set up his receivers for run after the catch. Has the foot-speed to avoid the rush and buy extra time.
            Weaknesses
            _______ lacks a cannon for an arm. Can fit the ball into spots on intermediate routes at times but will struggle with the deep ball. Release point is a little low. Needs to improve his accuracy on long passes down the field and toward the sideline.
            Sound familiar? That was the scouting profile for Colt McCoy in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              He had an average arm but hadn't filled out yet, playing at 195 lbs at 6'4 3/8" as a senior.

Brady was drafted by the Expos as a catcher.
              Catchers have strong arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

Catchers have strong arms.
                Some do and some don't.
                https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall View Post

Some do and some don't.
                  Hank Conger comes to mind, he could never make the throw to 2nd
                  sigpic

Comment

• No one has mentioned his toes yet. Maybe there is something wrong with one of his toes that we can discuss for days?
                    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                      No one has mentioned his toes yet. Maybe there is something wrong with one of his toes that we can discuss for days?
                      Get off the kid's toes!

Why not let him play a bit before you start knocking his toes.

Besides, Joe Montana had toes.
                      In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
                        Here's my concern about Deshaun Watson and his winning pedigree..

Strengths

Weaknesses

Sound familiar? That was the scouting profile for Colt McCoy in 2010.
                        Also sounds like the scouting report for Matt Ryan as well.

Get the BR App NFL Draft: Why Matt Ryan Was A Risky Pick For Atlanta
                        MICHAEL FITZPATRICK
                        APRIL 26, 2008

When the Atlanta Falcons selected Matt Ryan with the third pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, they took a massive risk for an already struggling franchise.

A lot more went into the Falcons' selection of Matt Ryan than just their evaluation of his talent.

There were rumors flying up until the minute the Falcons actually submitted their draft card with Matt Ryan's name on it.

Word spread from the Falcons' war room that the team's scouts and General Manager Rick McKay wanted to select Glen Dorsey.

Dorsey, who was selected fifth by Kansas City, is widely regarded as the most physically talented player in the draft.

Dorsey would have been a far less risky pick for the Falcons.

With Dorsey's strength and speed, he is almost certain to make an immediate impact in the NFL.

But Dorsey is a defensive tackle, and although the position is the backbone of any defense, it's not the most glamorous position on the football field.

Falcons owner Arthu r Blank was determined to put a fresh face on the franchise after the team's horrific season last year and the Michael Vick fiasco.

Blank won out and the Falcons went with Ryan, a far riskier pick but a more traditional 'Franchise' player.

Ryan was the third overall pick in the draft and the first quarterback taken, which will equate to a massive contract.

Ryan could very well be the highest paid player to come out of the 2008 draft.

The Falcons have already further invested in Ryan by trading for an additional first-round pick which they used to draft USC offensive tackle Sam Baker, with the obvious intention of protecting Ryan.

Ryan will require a huge investment by the Falcons for a player who might not have the talent to be the franchise player they seek.

Picking a quarterback in the first round, investing tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money in him, and having him turn out as a bust can debilitate a football team for several years.

Matt Ryan was without question the best quarterback in the draft, but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a great NFL quarterback.

Ryan was the best player at the highest profile position in this particular draft class, thus making him more of a hot commodity than his actual talent on the field should have indicated.

Ryan's arm strength has been continuously questioned throughout the NFL Combine and various workouts.

Ryan also threw a large number of interceptions at Boston College.

His somewhat weak arm, along with his tendency to be reckless with the football, could be a formula for a very large number of interceptions in the NFL. That's not something you want from your franchise quarterback.

Ryan could very well work out for the Falcons and be a legitimate franchise player for them. But he was a risky pick for the team.

The Falcons got their player for the front of their 2008 media guide, but it might have been at a cost that this struggling franchise really cannot bear.

sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texanballer View Post

Also sounds like the scouting report for Matt Ryan as well.
                          I didn't realize Matt Ryan was considered a risky pick back then. Good find -- I'm excited about Watson's potential.. A little nervous about the risks that can come with starting a young QB too early, but excited to see what this kid can do!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post

I didn't realize Matt Ryan was considered a risky pick back then. Good find -- I'm excited about Watson's potential.. A little nervous about the risks that can come with starting a young QB too early, but excited to see what this kid can do!
                            Understood, it's always a risk to start a rookie QB. But sometimes you have to give it a try. The Colts have done it twice. First with Peyton Manning and then with Andrew Luck. They have been very successful, especially with Manning.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Texanballer View Post

Understood, it's always a risk to start a rookie QB. But sometimes you have to give it a try. The Colts have done it twice. First with Peyton Manning and then with Andrew Luck. They have been very successful, especially with Manning.
                              Everybody jumped on the Luck bandwagon and have stayed on it. I really don't understand why. He's good, but I haven't see the greatness.
                              https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

• http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fut...deshaun-watson

He is the good and bad concerning Deshaun Watson.

Great breakdown
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X