Welcome D'Onta Foreman, RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

Everyone talks about how amazing watsons story is.. What about what Foreman has gone through..
    He has a pretty good success story as well.
    sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Just watched a brief video on my twitter feed where Foreman addressed his drops and is working on that aspect - good to know.
      He also says his hand is fine and he's good to go.
      He is a bit behind the longer tenured guys as the Combine and pro days aim at a different set of conditionings and not football but he has plenty of time to catch up before the regular season starts.
      Can't wait to see him working in tandem with Miller.
      1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Get him sign Rick Smith
        ​​D'Onta Foreman chronicles his experience leading up to the NFL Draft as a top prospect.
        sigpic

Comment

Photo: Brett Coomer, Houston Chronicle

Texans rookie runner D'Onta Foreman learning 'how to be a pro'

By Aaron Wilson
          The initiation of Texans rookie D'Onta Foreman into the fraternity of NFL running backs remains an ongoing process.

Foreman is absorbing knowledge about everything by watching his older colleagues, including veteran starter and Pro Bowl alternate runner Lamar Miller.

Now that the third-round draft pick from the University of Texas has completed minicamps and organized team activities, he's intent on putting that information to use when the Texans report for training camp in July at The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia.

"It was great," Foreman said during a Tristar Productions autograph show at NRG Arena. "I just tried to get out there and work learn as much as I can and apply it on the field. Just how to be a pro, being around a lot of pros and watching they do. You learn from those guys. You try to fit in the best way you can, just trying to learn the playbook.

"I talk to Lamar. I learn a lot from him. He's more of a lead-by-example person. I just try to take the things away from him that I can apply on the field when I'm out there."

Listed at 6-0, 233 pounds after playing last season at 249 pounds, Foreman provides a mixture of power and speed. He led the nation with 2,048 rushing yards during his final season with the Longhorns before declaring early in the draft.

An unsigned draft pick, Foreman is still working to get into optimal shape. He'd like to drop a few pounds before training camp.

"That's one of the things I want to do is try to tighten up a little bit more and lose some more weight and try to go in there the best that I can," Foreman said. "It's going good. It's a lot of time to get out there and make sure we're doing extra running on weekends and off days. Every day we were off, I was in there running and getting extra conditioning in. I think it's going good."

A native of Texas City, Foreman ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds and had a 33-inch vertical leap at the Longhorns' Pro Day workout with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick in attendance. He rushed for 15 touchdowns and averaged 184.4 rushing yards per game.

Now that he's in the NFL, Foreman is determined to make his rookie season count as he adjusts to professional football. He hasn't been surprised so far by what the NFL is like.

"Right now, I'm just really focused on making the team and getting out there and making sure I contribute," Foreman said. "I figured it would be like this. I'm very happy to be in Houston. It's wonderful for me and my family. I'm looking forward to the season."
          In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
            #Texans signed RB D'Onta Foreman (@D33_foreman), 3rd-round pick. He gets a 4-year deal worth $3.25 million with a signing bonus of $759,484
            In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

D’Onta Foreman

by Paul Jackiewicz22 hours agoFollow @paul_jackiewiczThe Houston Texans’ 2017 NFL Draft class is now signed and ready to go now that running back D’Onta Foreman has signed his rookie contract.

With training camp set to kick off in about five weeks, the only player left for the Houston Texans to sign from this year’s draft class was former University of Texas running back D’Onta Foreman.

Compact Cars - Compare Models, Prices & MPG

Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston reported on Saturday that Foreman has signed with the Texans.

Berman broke the news Twitter:
              Texans signed RB D’Onta Foreman (@D33_foreman), 3rd-round pick. He gets a 4-year deal worth $3.25 million with a signing bonus of $759,484
              Foreman will make only $812K in each of his first four years in the NFL. That’s a heck of a deal for the Texans given the fact that he could become a starter before his contract expires.

Good deal
              sigpic

Comment

6' 233 and wants to drop weight? I hope the 233 is more like 240. Then yeah, dropping to say 235 or the listed 233 is good. Same power, but quicker and maybe faster.
                JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
                  6' 233 and wants to drop weight?
                  Team tells them what they want want them to weigh. Conditioning has been an issue with Foreman.

Bell is an inch taller and weighs 225, same with Arian. AD is 6'1 1/2" and played at 220 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Team tells them what they want want them to weigh. Conditioning has been an issue with Foreman.

Bell is an inch taller and weighs 225, same with Arian. AD is 6'1 1/2" and played at 220 or less.
                    I know buddy but at say 245 (because we aren't positive what he really played at last year) he is still fast. He cuts well and can get to holes and explode with either power or speed and quickness. So if he plays at even 230, he could be even faster and quicker. But will he lose any power. I don't think so, but you never know.
                    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
                    X