No announcement yet.

Texans 2017 UDFA (undrafted free agent) signings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clement may not be a bad RB to take a good look at. Watch some film on him and he looks pretty good.

On the OTHER RB from Wisconsin that was reported signed then reports come out he was not signed by us or anyone else. Saw an article that he had some issues to take care of and is still planning to sign. Issues where not listed and why he didn't sign first is odd. Not sure if it is 100% accurate but certainly an issue of say family would have someone leaving to tend to it.

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

I think I saw that Bryce Jones was given a Contract, but I can't remember where I saw it.

"Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Texans cut Dimitric Camiel, Kenny Hilliard, T.J. Mutcherson, Tevin Jones,

signing Bryce Jones, Dare Ogunbowale and Chris Thompson"

Dare Ogunbowale isn't signed. Not sure what happened he was here, it was reported he was signed and then the signing list came out with a report he was not signed. And he has not signed with anyone else. Weird

WAIT now he is signed according to Torro Times 1 hr ago

https://torotimes.com/2017/05/15/hou...re-ogunbowale/

H2O4ME add Dare again lol talk about strange 1 day signed next day not and now signed again
    Last edited by Matt_in_KW; 1 week ago.
    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Against Nebraska Corey Clement averaged 2 yards a carry while Dare Ogunbowale lit up the Cornhuskers.

Just one game but he is very patient finding the hole or the cutback lane.

Good pass catcher, but like most have said, he usually goes down on the initial contact.

Comment

I think I saw that Bryce Jones was given a Contract, but I can't remember where I saw it.
        Yeah, I deleted all the names that aren't on the roster so if you see him he's in... for now.
        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

I'll leave sorting out the conflicting reports to y'all. I just want players that can do the job.
          https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
            When Texans cut undrafted rookie offensive tackle Dimitric Camiel (Indiana, Westfield), it was with a left-squad designation
            In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

So..he quit the team like Dwight Jones? Did Camiel happen to mention that he was the next Duane Brown before he left?

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
                So..he quit the team like Dwight Jones?
                I've been told many times how surprised I'd be at the number of guys who make NFL rosters that really don't want to play.

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
                Did Camiel happen to mention that he was the next Duane Brown before he left?
                Hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                  We're getting smoked early.
                  Here's why...
                  [Baylor WR KD] Cannon went undrafted in April's NFL draft but signed a deal with San Francisco that included a $45,000 signing bonus, much larger than most undrafted free agents.

Cannon has great speed and athleticism but concerns about his route running likely hurt his draft stock...[and he was cut]
                  Other team have realized that passing out a few hundred thousand in extra guarantees is a relative drop in the bucket in relation to these multi-billion dollar organizations, so the hustlering winners of prior UDFA signing years are now losing out to teams paying bigger guaranteed money on a chance at finding a real contributor from the castoffs.
                  Last edited by H2O4me; 5 days ago.

Comment

TexansCap @TexansCap
                    Houston Texans spent $87,500 of their allotted $98,340 for signing bonus to spend on undrafted rookies.

This amount excludes the $10k in guaranteed salary given to Dayon Pratt.
                    So while there's a limit on UDFA signing bonus money, teams get around that by offering big guaranteed money.

Texans show commitment to Dylan Cole, Eli Ankou as UDFAs

TexansWire
                    As the organized team activities, or OTAs, get under way, one of the things to watch is the progress of the undrafted free agents. This is the first time where the UDFAs get a chance to make a mark with both coaches and veteran teammates present.

The Texans have an intriguing class, and two stand out. Linebacker Dylan Cole from Missouri State and UCLA defensive tackle Eli Ankou both got substantial signing bonuses despite not being drafted.

Cole, who has a great chance to not only make the team but actually play as a rookie, received a $27,000 signing bonus. His range and ability in coverage, coupled with Max Bullough’s suspension, opens the door for him to be the No. 3 ILB.
                    Interesting that Dylan Cole and Eli Ankou (both undrafted) received more guaranteed money than 7th rd pick Kyle Fuller.

— TexansCap (@TexansCap) May 23, 2017
                    Ankou also should at least make the practice squad, if not the final 53-man roster. The Canadian native is a 330-pound nose tackle who functions well as an immovable object in the middle, a role previously occupied by Vince Wilfork. He signed with a $20,000 guaranteed bonus.

Comment

Wouldn't Cole be the #4 ILB? Cush, McKinney, Cunningham, Cole.
                      sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post
                        Wouldn't Cole be the #4 ILB? Cush, McKinney, Cunningham, Cole.
                        Bullough, Peters and Williams might have something to say about that.

Comment

This.

Comment

All i meamt was that they said Cole was coming in as the #3 ILB... Its pretty clear we have 3 guys projected to be ahead of him. Making him at best #4. Bullough is on a PED suspension. He can say all he wants but he cant play for 4 games. Brian Peters was a bit of a nonfactor in 2016 after being a special teams monster in 2015.. And I'm not really even up to date on Williams.. So we will see.
                            sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

All i meamt was that they said Cole was coming in as the #3 ILB... Its pretty clear we have 3 guys projected to be ahead of him. Making him at best #4. Bullough is on a PED suspension. He can say all he wants but he cant play for 4 games. Brian Peters was a bit of a nonfactor in 2016 after being a special teams monster in 2015.. And I'm not really even up to date on Williams.. So we will see.
                              No problem. I was just going through the other linebackers already on the roster.

Comment

Dylan Cole leads Texans' undrafted rookies with $27,000 guaranteed

By Aaron Wilson
                                The Texans' biggest financial investment in their undrafted rookie free agent class went to linebacker Dylan Cole.

Cole received $27,000 in total guaranteed money, including a $12,000 signing bonus and the Texans guaranteeing $15,000 of his base salary.

Cole attended Missouri State where he was a Football Championship Subdivision All-American who led the nation in tackles per game and was named the top linebacker in his classification by athletic directors. He was a first-team All-Missouri Valley Conference selection.

Cole bench pressed 225 pounds 32 times at his Pro Day and had a 39-inch vertical leap. He wasn't invited to the NFL scouting combine.

Cole looked athletic and aggressive during the Texans' organized team activity.

The Texans gave former Indiana offensive tackle Dimitric Camiel (Westfield) a $10,000 signing bonus, but he was cut following their rookie minicamp with a left-squad designation.

The Texans guaranteed $16,500 of former UCLA defensive tackle Eli Ankou's base salary and gave him a $3,500 base salary.

The Texans guaranteed $8,000 of former Michigan defensive tackle Matt Godin's salary and gave him an $8,000 signing bonus.

The Texans guaranteed $10,000 of former East Carolina linebacker Dayon Pratt's salary.

Safety Malik Smith received a $6,500 signing bonus.

Defensive end Daniel Ross got a $5,500 signing bonus.

And running back Avery Williams, wide receiver Shaq Hill and cornerback Dee Virgin each received $5,000 signing bonuses.

The Texans gave tight end Zach Conque, a former Stephen F. Austin quarterback, a $4,000 signing bonus. They gave the same amount to former Iowa wide receiver Riley McCarron.

Comment

Working...
                                X