Draft picks and overall grade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft picks and overall grade

Just what the title says. Grade the picks and overall.

I'll be posting mine soon trying to decide on the last 3 picks grade
    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Watson: A-
    Cunningham: A+
    Foreman: A+ (Great value here)
    Davenport: B+ (developmental, but hopefully he won't take too long to be a top notch lineman)
    Watkins: B (I would've drafted several that were still on the board, but he's a good rotational player)
    Decoud: D (has potential, but I believe they could've gotten him in the 7th or UDFA)
    Fuller: C (I think they might be deceived by his tangibles)

Comment

1. B+ (I like Watson the person/player, I would like to give it an A, but I have zero clue if he is going to work within OB's system. If he does, easily an A+ pick.

2. A+, we needed a LB who could defend the pass and Cunningham should be able to do just that. Also, like Mayock says, let him work freely and he will thrive. Teams will be more focused on stopping Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, and Reader, Cunningham will be able to work sideline to sideline.

3. A, I'm worried about his possible medical. If he ends up needing surgery this pick immediately drops to a B. He has the ability to play in this league but we won't be able to see it until 2018 or 2019. (If he requires surgery on his potential stress fracture.)

4a. A, Watson is a long armed, high motored, big man. Uses hands well and can hold up vs double teams. Teams are not going to be able to run vs us. He can collapse the pocket when in 1 on 1 situations, as well. Man, with how stout our front 7 is gonna be, I really wish we had kept Bouye.

4b. C+ or B-, He's not ready but has potential. In what little tape I have seen, he has some good and some bad. Has the perfect body type for a franchise LT but we won't be able to really measure this pick for another 2-4 years.

5. D or possible F, concussion history, below average athlete with long arms. Very little tape to speak of but apparently held Chad Hansen from Cal to 4 receptions for 16 yards. (I like Hansen, a lot) I could be wrong about this guy but any guy with a history of concussions is a "No" from me.

7. D+ or C-, with Fuller's H/L, his ability to make this roster will be based on versatility. Hard to grade Baylor linemen because of how quickly the QB gets the ball out ot his hand but he has the size that teams like. Can't fault the pick because we need OL but he's not the player I would have picked.

TL;DR

1. Watson B+
      2. Cunningham A+
      3. Foreman A (if he's okay medically)
      4a. Watkins A
      4b. Davenport C+ or B-
      5. Decoud D- or F
      7. Fuller D+ or C-

Comment

1. Watson B
        2. Cunningham A
        3. Foreman A
        4a.. Watkins A
        4b. Davenport B
        5. Decoud C
        7. Fuller C

Rick Smith. B++++++

You can't talk down on Smith now. This is 2 years in a row. Haha

Great freaking job
        sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
          1. Watson B
          2. Cunningham A
          3. Foreman A
          4a.. Watkins A
          4b. Davenport B
          5. Decoud C
          7. Fuller C

Rick Smith. B++++++

You can't talk down on Smith now. This is 2 years in a row. Haha

Great freaking job
          Deduct FA's we lost, none gained. Deduct all those choices we gave the Browns in our idiotic method of the pursuit of a QB. Grade =C. Dude is average at best (with a ten year learning curve) in a league that is uber competitive.

Comment

1 f
            2 a
            3 a
            4a a
            4b b
            5 c-
            7 c-

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

Deduct FA's we lost, none gained. Deduct all those choices we gave the Browns in our idiotic method of the pursuit of a QB. Grade =C. Dude is average at best (with a ten year learning curve) in a league that is uber competitive.

You have to give up something to achieve the greater goal. Its funny too me on how yalll killed him for not making any bold moves. Now that he is making these bold moves, yall are still killing him.

Bleep if you do , bleep if you don't applies here.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erikca View Post
                1 f
                2 a
                3 a
                4a a
                4b b
                5 c-
                7 c-
                Safe to say that you are a fan of Watson?

Comment

I dont know enough about these players and I dont follow College Football . I would like to ask all who graded which if any of this Texans Draft Class will be a 1st game starters ? Feel free to elaborate , I enjoy you alls insights . As for a Grade I would give this whole Group a B , I do believe DW is a Franchise QB just from my research and hes a leader & winner .

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

Agree. It's interesting to hear people claim that the Texans have the best defense in the league, ignoring the fact that they lost Simon, Bouye and Demps. Those are some big positions to fill by rookies if that is the plan.

With that said, I like the first 5 picks with the exception of the RB, which was a short-sighted risky pick. Hoping for the best, but still expecting 8-8 plus or minus a game until something changes. So, I give the draft a B.

Comment

1. Watson D- IF you know that nobody is going to be taking a QB and give up a 1st round pick it's desperation. Could have moved 4 spots and taken him still. And he needs alot of work. Peterman or Webb would have been more smart and cheaper.

2. Cunningham A- Love what he brings to the table.

3. Foreman A- Great change of pace and rest for Miller and he could end up starting in a year or two.

4a.. Watkins A- Good overall pick.

4b. Davenport INC- Scouts are mixed I'll wait to see him play.

5. Decoud C- Way too late to address the position but pray that they develop. If not 2 wasted picks when an UDFA can be had.

7. Fuller C- Same as above

GM- D+ and if Watson flops, or gets OB fired F. Smith drafts a very high QB who has alot that needs work. If he starts this year it will be on orders from the top not from OB. Honestly, I don't think he can run the system. OB has said all the right things but he has too, is paid to. H2O4ME pointed out that OB had very little input in this draft and the sources that he quoted and linked where FO staff...telling. But Smith salvaged the draft from a disaster with a potential starter later on at RB and a LB that should be very good very fast. And he all but gave away a shot at a huge need (unknown now) position next year to trade up for no reason even draft experts and asking why, even if they like Watson.

JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

I'm like you Methos. I can't speak intelligently about any of these guys except Watson. Watson is a winner and I think that's important. It sounds like he has the physical attributes to be a really good one. If he is then the Draft is an A no matter what any of them do. It will take time for most of these guys, so handing out any grade is foolish at best.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                          I dont know enough about these players and I dont follow College Football . I would like to ask all who graded which if any of this Texans Draft Class will be a 1st game starters ? Feel free to elaborate , I enjoy you alls insights . As for a Grade I would give this whole Group a B , I do believe DW is a Franchise QB just from my research and hes a leader & winner .

Picks one through three are day 1 starters. Watson won't start because Bill O'Brien doesn't believe in starting a rookie QB. Foreman will see a lot of touches but we know Lamar is our starting RB. Cunningham will more and likely play where Simon played. And he will see a lot of action at ILB covering TE'S and RB"s. The rest will have a chance but they will have to really impress the coaches.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow this dude really gave the Watson pick an F. Unbelievable
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barzilla View Post
                              I'm like you Methos. I can't speak intelligently about any of these guys except Watson. Watson is a winner and I think that's important. It sounds like he has the physical attributes to be a really good one. If he is then the Draft is an A no matter what any of them do. It will take time for most of these guys, so handing out any grade is foolish at best.
                              Barzilla - Yes I completely agree the more I watch , listen & read about Deshon Watson the more I see why we picked him and how lucky we were to get him !! I have wanted to see TS get his shot , but by 8 games in if hes not getting it done Savage of course . Then shoot yeah I think this Kids gonna soak it up fast and be ready enough to go out as the QB and execute to the limit of his knowledge at that time !! I as far as just my own opinion think he a Franchise QB . If he gets a full season to sit and learn then that will be the best scenario for him to make that transition . I just see that " IT " factor from him ?? We shall see ?.

Comment

Working...
                              X