Just a rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rant

There are many of us that have been on these boards for years and have our traditional responsibilities. There are many new members that contribute very well and we appreciate those members.
    Now, there are other fairly new members who forget their place in these boards and usurp the traditional positions of some of the older members that have been here much longer and helped develop some of these traditions.
    The traditions I'm talking about are like posting of draft picks as they come in, posting undrafted free agents as they come in, predicting the final 54 man roster, predicting the win/ loss record based on the Texans schedule, posting the power ratings, creating the weekly game thread and creating the official game day thread.
    I have generally posted the draft picks as they come in every year and was about to post the first one when I noticed that it was already posted by another newer member. Maybe that newer member should have asked around to see if someone else traditionally posts the draft picks as they come in, but he didn't.
    It would have been polite to ask first and if the one that usually does it might not be able to do it this year, then the new member could have taken care of that.
    Now I normally create the weekly game threads.
    Jkeeer usually creates the official game day threads.
    Should we give these over to this new member who apparently wants to take over these boards from those of us who have been here for years?
    How do you guys feel about the newer guys just taking over our rolls with out even asking.
    Sorry for the rant guys.
    Have fun and let's hope for an amazing season.
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

I've been guilty of having a difference of opinion with a few older members, and maybe my post count doesn't relate to the time I spend on here as I usually just read and don't post too much. I can however see where you're coming from if there are certain guys who have been doing certain posts every year for years, but there isn't anything specifying who does what and honestly I didn't even know there was a set person for different topics. I knew you and JKeener do the game threads because I read those weekly (during the season), but for newer members I can see the confusion and maybe they were only trying to help out and be informative. This post seems like its aimed at one certain person however, so maybe if you call that person out on it you can let him know and resolve the issue at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalHeman View Post
      I've been guilty of having a difference of opinion with a few older members, and maybe my post count doesn't relate to the time I spend on here as I usually just read and don't post too much. I can however see where you're coming from if there are certain guys who have been doing certain posts every year for years, but there isn't anything specifying who does what and honestly I didn't even know there was a set person for different topics. I knew you and JKeener do the game threads because I read those weekly (during the season), but for newer members I can see the confusion and maybe they were only trying to help out and be informative. This post seems like its aimed at one certain person however, so maybe if you call that person out on it you can let him know and resolve the issue at hand.
      I appreciate your insight brother.
      It's not that I want to call anyone out. No job is actually designated to anyone here, but there are traditional posters that are expected to post certain things. The whole point is, if you'd like to create a line of postings or pick up a traditional thread line, its not a bad idea to ask around and find out if someone traditionally does those threads and then ask them if they'd mind if they could pick it up.
      It's just a matter of manners and etiquette.
      Just maybe I wouldn't have minded at all since I was busy with work and was taking time out of my work to create the threads. But, I wasn't even asked.
      That's the point.
      No worries. This was just a silly rant anyways.
      I'm not butt hurt or anything.
      Its all good.
      Now let's hope the new blood infused into this team can add to what is already there and get this team where it needs to be.
      Let's Rock Texans!!!
      Last edited by JamTex; 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

JamTex we have been here for years and I appreciate your contributions over all the years, but your rant is a little silly to be honest man....during the draft there were very few of members even online and why should anyone wait for a non designated poster to post info on anything...especially if its timely and informative???

Sorry your feelings were hurt, but go back and read the draft thread...there were very few posting especially after the 3rd round.

Comment

I know I am one of the newer posters on here and it makes sense as to what you are saying but at the same time I truly don't care who is posting it as long as it is coming in when things happen. There have been times where I hear rumors or something and I come to this website to see if its confirmed or just more BS. The times there was nothing there and I was left thinking is this real or is this fake news. I truly do not care who posts what as long as whoever is posting things have a link. I came here from footballsfuture because the content on here was better and I know I don't post a lot but I read everything you guys write. I just want people to put info about our team up here when they hear about it. IDC who it is and frankly I thank whoever takes the time to post things on here. If you want special assignments then have that as rules so people don't step on other people's shoes. I respect everyone on here and I see your point of view but think about it from a guy that just comes here wanting info.

Comment

Hey at least we actually have new members!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post

I appreciate your insight brother.
              It's not that I want to call anyone out. No job is actually designated to anyone here, but there are traditional posters that are expected to post certain things. The whole point is, if you'd like to create a line of postings or pick up a traditional thread line, its not a bad idea to ask around and find out if someone traditionally does those threads and then ask them if they'd mind if they could pick it up.
              It's just a matter of manners and etiquette.
              Just maybe I wouldn't have minded at all since I was busy with work and was taking time out of my work to create the threads. But, I wasn't even asked.
              That's the point.
              No worries. This was just a silly rant anyways.
              I'm not butt hurt or anything.
              Its all good.
              Now let's hope the new blood infused into this team can add to what is already there and get this team where it needs to be.
              Let's Rock Texans!!!
              Yeah man always. I do see your point definitely. Getting new members can only be a positive thing, looking forward to what this new season will bring us!

Comment

Maybe we need a dibs thread where we can call dibs on stuff?

I got dibs on the tiny cannon rants.
                Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post

Aren't you in charge of the Comedy and other shenanigans???

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post

I call dibs on everything Deshaun Watson related.

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post

Aren't you in charge of the Comedy and other shenanigans???
                      Yes, yes I am. lol
                      I call shenanigans!
                      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

Lets hope we can call it a Texans season to remember fondly. This is gonna be a tough year but it should be fun.
                        I still call dibs on my weekly game threads. Lol

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Jam as far as Im concerned You and Jkeen are the ones who set those threads . I think you two should in a unofficial capacity continue to do so . We can bring it to a vote and submit to the Mods for approval ? So I will be the 1st and I vote Yes & Yes that you and Jkeen should continue as the sole contributors to the mentioned Thread Posts !!

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                            Jam as far as Im concerned You and Jkeen are the ones who set those threads . I think you two should in a unofficial capacity continue to do so . We can bring it to a vote and submit to the Mods for approval ? So I will be the 1st and I vote Yes & Yes that you and Jkeen should continue as the sole contributors to the mentioned Thread Posts !!
                            I appreciate that brother, but I hope everyone comments and contributes to said threads. It would be a shame if the only ones commenting on said threads was jkeener and myself. Lol

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post

I appreciate that brother, but I hope everyone comments and contributes to said threads. It would be a shame if the only ones commenting on said threads was jkeener and myself. Lol
                              I think most of us who are the Elder Statesmen of the Boards will all back you two ! We all like what you guys do and appreciate your work so IMHO you two have more then earned that duty . Until you decide you no longer wish to . Its great to have new members but there is a respect the OGs that should be applied to joining this tight nit group LOL . At one point after the software switch there were less then 20 of us who stayed I think ? I havent seen Sleeper or Dbruder ect. since so Loyalty is a big deal to me and probably to the others as well ?? Either way I got yalls back without question 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X