No announcement yet.

Just a rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will also throw in my vote for Jam and Keener to continue the gameday threads. They are the best Ive seen and they do a great job. Makes me look forward to thread and game ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
      There are many of us that have been on these boards for years and have our traditional responsibilities. There are many new members that contribute very well and we appreciate those members.
      Now, there are other fairly new members who forget their place in these boards and usurp the traditional positions of some of the older members that have been here much longer and helped develop some of these traditions.
      The traditions I'm talking about are like posting of draft picks as they come in, posting undrafted free agents as they come in, predicting the final 54 man roster, predicting the win/ loss record based on the Texans schedule, posting the power ratings, creating the weekly game thread and creating the official game day thread.
      I have generally posted the draft picks as they come in every year and was about to post the first one when I noticed that it was already posted by another newer member. Maybe that newer member should have asked around to see if someone else traditionally posts the draft picks as they come in, but he didn't.
      It would have been polite to ask first and if the one that usually does it might not be able to do it this year, then the new member could have taken care of that.
      Now I normally create the weekly game threads.
      Jkeeer usually creates the official game day threads.
      Should we give these over to this new member who apparently wants to take over these boards from those of us who have been here for years?
      How do you guys feel about the newer guys just taking over our rolls with out even asking.
      Sorry for the rant guys.
      Have fun and let's hope for an amazing season.
      It did get a little ridiculous as a new "Welcome" thread seemed to be posted within 10 seconds of a draft pick being announced, as if to prevent someone else from doing it.

I'm appreciative of the Weekly Game Threads and the Game Day Threads and I hope that you two continue to carry the torch on those.

Comment

Hold on Jam you're tripping brother. I know you caught some heat on another Texans forum for doing the same exact thing. But its a sports forum and like i defend you on there i will defend whoever this new person is. Upon joining these free forums there is no rule saying a new member can't post a draft pick or free agent they might like the Texans to grab. It doesn't show these traditions either or tell them to ask who is doing what on these forums. Maybe the mods might want to add these traditions saying who os delegated to start what type of thread's.

I even remember H2O4me asking a member on here not to copy the articles he post on here and post them on another Texans forum. I was like come on brother, this information is easy to find. I get all of the Rockets, Texans and Astros news sent to my phone. Oh how technology has advanced so much over the years.
        Last edited by Texanballer; 3 weeks ago.
        sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
          Hold on Jam you're tripping brother. I know you caught some heat on another Texans forum for doing the same exact thing. But its a sports forum and like i defend you on there i will defend whoever this new person is. Upon joining these free forums there is no rule saying a new member can't post a draft pick or free agent they might like the Texans to grab. It doesn't show these traditions either or tell them to ask who is doing what on these forums. Maybe the mods might want to add these traditions saying who os delegated to start what type of thread's.

I even remember H2O4me asking a member on here not to copy the articles he post on here and post them on another Texans forum. I was like come on brother, this information is easy to find. I get all of the Rockets, Texans and Astros news sent to my phone. Oh how technology has advanced so much over the years.
          Brother, on the other forum, no one was creating a weekly game thread. They did at first resist it. However, after a few weeks, they accepted it and even expected it. I did apologize over there and they decided to allow me to do the threads. So I did. I even gained some very good friends over there that initially gave me grief. The thing is, I apologized and asked to be allowed to continue the weekly thread over there. They said sure since no-one was doing it over there. Now everyone has fun with it. Just like over here. Texans fans are Texans fans no matter the forum. It's all in fun. H204me can continue to do the draft picks if he likes. I really don't mind, but I was just about to post mine when I saw his pop up. That's stepping on toes. I didn't do that in the other forum. No one was creating a weekly game thread. I asked around before I started doing it over there. I wouldn't have done it if someone else already was. That's the difference. No harm. No foul. It takes one more thing off my plate. I will enjoy continuing the weekly threads coming up here in just a few months though.
          Now lets get past the rant and enjoy the off season and hope this **** team willl finally get it together and play some great football.
          ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

I love ya Jam, but honestly, I don't think you have a valid argument. This is message board and being such any and all Texans related info is welcome no matter who is sharing it. I used to post quite a bit, but have learned over the years to just step back and read instead. I'd like to think I'm one of the "elders", and I have no issue with who shares what info at this point. The majority of info I even come here to read anymore comes directly from H2O4ME. He is an avid poster with deep insite and connections on the inside. If not for his contributions this board would be in bad shape. As far as anyone else, this message board needs an infusion of excitement and activity, and I have to think new posters posting news is a good thing, no matter who's toes get stepped on. As long as they aren't breaking rules and being obnoxious, game on.

FYI, if they truly are new members, chances are they have NO CLUE there are members here who have a tradition of starting certain threads.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Originally posted by theCATALYST View Post
              I love ya Jam, but honestly, I don't think you have a valid argument. This is message board and being such any and all Texans related info is welcome no matter who is sharing it. I used to post quite a bit, but have learned over the years to just step back and read instead. I'd like to think I'm one of the "elders", and I have no issue with who shares what info at this point. The majority of info I even come here to read anymore comes directly from H2O4ME. He is an avid poster with deep insite and connections on the inside. If not for his contributions this board would be in bad shape. As far as anyone else, this message board needs an infusion of excitement and activity, and I have to think new posters posting news is a good thing, no matter who's toes get stepped on. As long as they aren't breaking rules and being obnoxious, game on.

FYI, if they truly are new members, chances are they have NO CLUE there are members here who have a tradition of starting certain threads.
              I agree brother. H204me has contributed greatly to this forum. I do appreciate his insight and enjoy the many informative posts he has brought to these boards and yes he is most certainly one who helped keep this forum alive after last years debacle.
              I was just venting and its out of my system now. Also, traditions are brought back to the fore.
              Now some that were creating some of the traditional threads seem to be gone and others will need to pick up that slack. There are plenty of traditional threads that can be picked up by our newer members and I hope they can.
              It would be great to get this forum back to its former glory.
              Lets hope the Texans will help us by having a great year.
              ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

My post count isn't high, but I've been a member a long time. I honestly don't know where I stand in terms of my role on such a board. I think we are all adults and I personally would hope that if I step outside my bounds that people deal with me directly. I can take it. As long as people are respectful I honestly don't care. I know this wasn't directed my way since I don't start anything but I'm okay with people starting stuff they feel passionate about whether it be a crazy trade idea or commentary on anything.
                sigpic

Comment

I just love seeing posts by anybody these days. I feared this board would collapse after so many, like myself, couldn't post for what seemed like an eternity during the "upgrade?"
                  https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

No sense in letting things/feelings fester. Best to get it out, vent a little and let folks know how you are feeling. No one here is trying to make you upset that I am aware of.
                    Relax. Welcome back and you better be quick if you want to beat H2O on a news story about the Texans. He is on top of things!! Ha! Can't wait for the first official we are gonna cream "fill in the blank" team thread. No one is more optimistic after a gloomy loss than you. We need some of that being texans fans.

ps I still got dibs on shenanigans!

Other than canyon and heman everyone else who posted here in this thread is old timers who i recognize and respect. And the 2 i mentioned have been earning their stripes too...just don't know them as well yet.

I wish I could fix all the mobile issue this site has but I have done what i can with the ugly stick they hit the site with. It's up to the mod team to sort the issues out with American Eagle (the texans developers) who upgraded, and left the site broken and ugly for months.
                    Last edited by Yosarian; 3 weeks ago.
                    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

Bro, I think you're reading in-between the lines a little too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post

I think most of us who are the Elder Statesmen of the Boards will all back you two ! We all like what you guys do and appreciate your work so IMHO you two have more then earned that duty . Until you decide you no longer wish to . Its great to have new members but there is a respect the OGs that should be applied to joining this tight nit group LOL . At one point after the software switch there were less then 20 of us who stayed I think ? I havent seen Sleeper or Dbruder ect. since so Loyalty is a big deal to me and probably to the others as well ?? Either way I got yalls back without question 8)
                        Sleeper recently posted 1 post I think about his displeasure with our Watson pick. Miss that guy he was like the grumpy old man of the forum
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                          Maybe we need a dibs thread where we can call dibs on stuff?

I got dibs on the tiny cannon rants.
                          I call dibs on being the long-time member that posts only once or twice a season but will still accidentally judge others for not having been a member very long.
                          Last edited by pure_respect; 2 weeks ago.
                          I'm not asking that professional athletes be perfect role models, I'm just asking that they don't become felons.

Comment

I posted a welcome thread for a UDFA who I figured wasn't going to get one anyways. My bad.

Comment

I think everyone is free to post whatever they want and worst case scenario, if 2 people post the same thing, we will just merge the 2 threads together.

It's all going towards a common theme, anyway. (Texans)

Comment

Fire Rick Smith!!!

Oops wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X