Tom Savage will be the one going to start the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

I actually thought Savage could have potentially made a nice drive into that deep ball to Ellington that was absolutely perfect on 3rd down with the pressure right in his face.

Ellington decided to cup it into his chest instead of using his hands.

I agree, though. All 3 QB's struggled last night.

I liked how Savage stood tall in the pocket unfortunately the pressure was too intense and his receivers didn't help out either. Watson had a few key drops by his receivers as well.
    Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

Neither has watson. And watson also doesnt look as good in the preseason against those same vanilla defenses.
    The Saints did not run a vanilla defense at us. They kept bring the house on key third downs.

Why do we get into this back and forth contest when it comes to our QB issues. Of course Watson hasn't thrown an NFL touchdown pass. He hasn't played one regular season minute. That argument is so irrelevant. Savage actually logged some NFL real time minutes, unfortunately he has not thrown a touchdown. He did led us to some crucial FG attempts that helped win us some games.
    Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post

So the reason the Texans got shut out is the great D?

Too bad the Saints are known for their bad defenses and the texans still netted zero pints....

If they play like this all year they will be sub .500.

IF is the key word no doubt. But we've seen teams go 0- 4 preseason and have solid regular season. We also know we were without several key offensive weapons.

The Saints might have a solid defense this year. They went out and addressed that glaring need through the draft and FA.
    Last edited by HTMBMod; 3 weeks ago.
    sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texanballer

The Saints did not run a vanilla defense at us. They kept bring the house on key third downs.

Why do we get into this back and forth contest when it comes to our QB issues. Of course Watson hasn't thrown an NFL touchdown pass. He hasn't played one regular season minute. That argument is so irrelevant. Savage actually logged some NFL real time minutes, unfortunately he has not thrown a touchdown. He did led us to some crucial FG attempts that helped win us some games.
      Did you really have to say watson hasnt played in a regular season game? I just heavily implied it. People wanna say savage hasnt thrown a regular season td. Neither has watson.. So to ASSUME watson is better is completely unfounded. You cant say someone who has never done something is better than someone who has done it only twice.
      sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

Did you really have to say watson hasnt played in a regular season game? I just heavily implied it. People wanna say savage hasnt thrown a regular season td. Neither has watson.. So to ASSUME watson is better is completely unfounded. You cant say someone who has never done something is better than someone who has done it only twice.

Imply it for what though? I mean why go back and forth knowing it's not relevant. Savage is the starter so let's see what he will bring. Watson could be better but we might not find that out this year. Oh but if Savage doesn't handle his business, we all can best believe people will be screaming," PUT WATSON IN".
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Texanballer View Post

Imply it for what though? I mean why go back and forth knowing it's not relevant. Savage is the starter so let's see what he will bring. Watson could be better but we might not find that out this year. Oh but if Savage doesn't handle his business, we all can best believe people will be screaming," PUT WATSON IN".
          since we are discussing but's....BUT what if he does handle his business?? then what? what do you do with a savage at the end of a contract who knows and has been in your offense the past 4 yrs and just played lights out??? especially with the likes of Watson who is showing a lot of promise but still needs a lot of work too....what then??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprtsfanatic View Post

since we are discussing but's....BUT what if he does handle his business?? then what? what do you do with a savage at the end of a contract who knows and has been in your offense the past 4 yrs and just played lights out??? especially with the likes of Watson who is showing a lot of promise but still needs a lot of work too....what then??
            The organization doesnt seem to be confident in Tom Savage. They wouldnt have drafted watson if that was the case. Theres no buts or ifs, hes speaking realistically. Tom savage wont play the full season. Have you seen our offensive line? If he does survive, what about next season? Its nothing personal, strictly business and rick isnt going to waste big dollars on a one hit wonder even if he does do decent. Tom is a good guy dadada, he knows the playbook better dadada but he can't stay on the field. I wish both qbs the best of luck although im confident deshaun wont need it but savage isn't a franchise qb. Hasn't played a healthy full season. A smart gm like rick made up his mind once they drafted Watson

Comment

• So ummm...What happened to that steel cable?

Brian Cushing... "The enlarged heart and soul of the defense..." Bring on the apologists...

Comment

• Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post
                So ummm...What happened to that steel cable?

Calais Campbell set a franchise record for sacks at 3.5, and we hadn't entered the second half of the game at that point.

Positive take away -- for the last 5 years we've heard the back up QBs name chanted every time the starter struggles. That can stop.. Our QB is a 21 year old kid with lots of talent and all the tools to succeed.

Comment

• "If your offensive tackles and guards are getting worked over like they were in the Jacksonville game, and you are a heavy footed, non-mobile pocket passer who struggles to avoid the rush... that's not a place for success for Tom Savage.

The Texans really overestimated how good their offensive line is... because it's not."

The only way you have a chance to win with that bad OL is to go to Deshaun Watson.
                  -- Louis Riddick/ESPN
                  If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    -- Louis Riddick/ESPN
                    Hey Water, This is what I was referring to when I said ... "the wrong kind of toys" !
                    "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                    Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by hasbeen View Post

Hey Water, This is what I was referring to when I said ... "the wrong kind of toys" !
                      I'm kinda excited to watch Garett Bolles tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprtsfanatic View Post

Looks like your IF won't come true. What a horrendous performance from Savage and this entire team.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda excited to watch Garett Bolles tonight.
                          Yeah .... preceded by Ramczyk !
                          "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                          Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by hasbeen View Post

Yeah .... preceded by Ramczyk !
                            I liked Bolles more. Great feet, feisty. Ramczyk has that hip issue -- could be a problem down the road.

Did you watch Bolles last night? Pretty decent game.

Comment

• good podcast talk about week one

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sta...?autoplay=true

Comment

I liked Bolles more. Great feet, feisty. Ramczyk has that hip issue -- could be a problem down the road.

Did you watch Bolles last night? Pretty decent game.
                                Watched it twice .... Bolles is a future stud ! Watched Ramczyk twice and feel the same. Watched Elfien twice. Haven't seen Lamp and Feeney yet. IMO, they could've formed the Benchmark ZBS line .... I like zone a lot more than gap. I think we could go back to it for the remainder of the season and fare much better. Brown, Mancz, Martin, Quess, Mini. If Giacomini has constant back issues .... maybe Davenport. I haven,t seen Seahawks yet, but if Pocic's not starting, I'd surely ask about him. At any rate, I really do think ZBS is the way out for this year .... Smaller, athletic guys are easier to find, and most of them have played the scheme somewhere at sometime. Oh yeah .... I do think it's time to move on from Billy's Master system !
                                Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X