Tom Savage will be the one going to start the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

I went and looked at his stats and they are bad, sure he played on a bade browns team, but he couldn't do squat with a Cowboys roster that went to the playoffs the year before and after him, so you can't tell me that's a bad team. Weeden knows his capabilities, and knows he is not a starter in this league. Hence why he signed an extension to be a 3rd string qb on a team with bad qbs. OB developed a he'll of a game plan for Weeden, like he did with Keenum, and Yates when they had to come in and spot start doesn't mean we should put out hopes in any of them.
    Wrong ! Dont know what stats you looked at , the Cowboys Team he played for was not the 1 Romo slipped back into . Watch his Sports Science video if that doesnt tell you something then you just dislike him , and your one of those glass half empty people . Plenty of knowledgeable people on here agree with my take . I have a whole thread on him ..

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post

Wrong ! Dont know what stats you looked at , the Cowboys Team he played for was not the 1 Romo slipped back into . Watch his Sports Science video if that doesnt tell you something then you just dislike him , and your one of those glass half empty people . Plenty of knowledgeable people on here agree with my take . I have a whole thread on him ..
      lol weeden isn't good dude watson is already the best QB on the Texans roster and possibly the most talented ever considering how bad the Texans QB history is

Comment

Originally posted by TexansWatt99 View Post

lol weeden isn't good dude watson is already the best QB on the Texans roster and possibly the most talented ever considering how bad the Texans QB history is
        Hasn't played a NFL down. Hasn't participated in an NFL practice. But already possibly the best ever. There's nothing like the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post

Hasn't played a NFL down. Hasn't participated in an NFL practice. But already possibly the best ever. There's nothing like the preseason.
          Again I said talented Schaub was decent but not a guy that turned it on when the pressure he usually curled up plus we didn't draft him then Texans broke David Carr so not much with him in terms of talent he is the most talented we have had. Unless you think Ryan Fitzpatrick Keenum Yates mallett osweiler hoyer rosenchopper weeden are QBs to boast ??

Comment

More rumors about that indicates Watson will start unless Weeden or Savage just blow the practice field apart.

I hope not for his sake. For 2 reasons 1) the OL has holes that we don't have any idea if they are going to be fixed. 2) he is a rookie we are the defending AFC South Champions. He has accuracy issues and typical rookie issues that a year sitting and learning will help. Tossing him in very well could be damaging to his development.

Case and point: Every team plays similar D, they just use different wrinkles and show different fronts to confuse the other team. But in week 3, can you imagine what Hoodie would have set to spring on a rookie QB? The guy does things that are needed to be looked up in the NFL rules at times to see if it's legal. Like his strategy with the OL vs Baltimore in the playoffs 2yrs or so ago. He will be doing that to KC also if they start Mahomes. Rookies have not seen 1 DT, 2 OLBs (lined up as DEs), 2 LBs and 6 DBs and the DBs are the ones blitzing. That is not a good example but it is something NE has put out to make a team wonder what is going on. I have seen the LBs swap with the 2 LBs playing DE pre snap to really make the QB think. And NEs D may give you yards until around the 30, then they snuff out almost everything. And they are always high on the list of forced turnovers. A rookie if he can needs a front row seat to see the Ds like that...not under center.
            JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Well if watson outplays then he should start savage doesn't have a lot of experience neither so it's not like he years ahead other than being here he haven't played in any meaningful games in college or NFL that just blew me away only thing ppl saw was his size and arm strength which means nothing if you can't play ala osweiler

Comment

Well if watson outplays then he should start savage doesn't have a lot of experience neither so it's not like he years ahead other than being here he haven't played in any meaningful games in college or NFL that just blew me away only thing ppl saw was his size and arm strength which means nothing if you can't play ala osweiler
                Just so we are clear, Savage's worst day is probably better than Osweiler's best day because Savage protects the football. Osweiler has multiple 3 INT games.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

Just so we are clear, Savage's worst day is probably better than Osweiler's best day because Savage protects the football. Osweiler has multiple 3 INT games.
                  everyone is better than Osweiler savage should have thrown a pick in the jags game but it was dropped and he had a fumble vs the titans 0 TDs one fumble and INT in his career with 2 games played and 2 halfs played Tom savage just looks the part of a QB that stereotype of being big armed and tall really don't mean much these days I gotta see it on the field

Comment

everyone is better than Osweiler savage should have thrown a pick in the jags game but it was dropped and he had a fumble vs the titans 0 TDs one fumble and INT in his career with 2 games played and 2 halfs played Tom savage just looks the part of a QB that stereotype of being big armed and tall really don't mean much these days I gotta see it on the field
                    If's and but's were candy and nuts....

Can't play hypotheticals..if that's how you wanna play it, though..

Remember vs the Bengals and Savage threw a wheel route to Hunt? It should have been a go ahead TD but Hunt slowed down (because he thought he was gonna score) and got caught from behind.

Not crowning the guy but 1 game and 1 half of football is too small a sample size to judge.

Watson most likely won't be the starter because of the simple fact that he doesn't know the playbook.

Comment

LOL A rookie who just got his base O philosophy I-pad is our best QB lmbo . OK I never said BW was the best . He is the best experience wise if you cant agree with that then seek help bro. Hes seen more live fire action and has made those quick decisions . Hes old I get it but hes also very low mileage , very little wear and tear . I think if he was to have to be the #1 due to injury hes a solid QB . I like most wanna see TS get his earned chance and next season DW compete and get his if he beats whoever we have back there then. The whole point everyone who thinks BW is just backup material is wrong . OB wouldnt still have him here if he didnt have the abilities . Again his career stats are pretty decent on horrible teams he was also considered a 1st round QB pick so its not his fault he went where QBs go to die Cleveland , and then the rebuilding Cowboys . I'm comfortable if TS is injured and hes given a chance he can win games . His stats on some categories are comparable to Shaubs he just did it without the talent MS had ! Explain that ... I never said he was Montana or Marino or Brady. DW wont ever ever be either lol

Comment

LOL A rookie who just got his base O philosophy I-pad is our best QB lmbo . OK I never said BW was the best . He is the best experience wise if you cant agree with that then seek help bro. Hes seen more live fire action and has made those quick decisions . Hes old I get it but hes also very low mileage , very little wear and tear . I think if he was to have to be the #1 due to injury hes a solid QB . I like most wanna see TS get his earned chance and next season DW compete and get his if he beats whoever we have back there then. The whole point everyone who thinks BW is just backup material is wrong . OB wouldnt still have him here if he didnt have the abilities . Again his career stats are pretty decent on horrible teams he was also considered a 1st round QB pick so its not his fault he went where QBs go to die Cleveland , and then the rebuilding Cowboys . I'm comfortable if TS is injured and hes given a chance he can win games . His stats on some categories are comparable to Shaubs he just did it without the talent MS had ! Explain that ... I never said he was Montana or Marino or Brady. DW wont ever ever be either lol
                        Weeden had below average stats on a bad browns team, and on a playoff caliber Cowboys team (they went to the playoffs the season before and after, no reason to belive they were rebuilding) BW wasn't thought of as a 1st rounder in most draft circles. OB keeps him around because he is a good backup and that has value in this league. he is not a good option as a 16 game starter.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

Weeden had below average stats on a bad browns team, and on a playoff caliber Cowboys team (they went to the playoffs the season before and after, no reason to belive they were rebuilding) BW wasn't thought of as a 1st rounder in most draft circles. OB keeps him around because he is a good backup and that has value in this league. he is not a good option as a 16 game starter.
                          I have to defend BW a little when it comes to his time in Dallas. After Romo got injured and before Matt Cassell was put in, BW was indeed 0-3 as the cowboys starter. That is fact, but he also played those 3 games without Dez. I also remember that he was 22 for 26 in passing attempts for over 200 yards. I am not saying that he is our savior, but am also not going to say he couldn't be a decent bridge for DW if Savage fails

Comment

Watson is already a better option than weeden lol

Comment

Watson is already a better option than Weeden lol
                              Funny thing about Weeds - he is 33 but was drafted in 2012 - at age 28 #22 overall by the horrible Browns.
                              He is entering his 6th year with another season under his belt in this system, so Watson has some catching up to do.

Comment

Some things never change on this forum just like Tom Savage is not an NFL Elite QB. Get our new Blue chip on the field as quick as possible or our season is doomed before it even starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X