Have We Improved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexSid View Post
    Intertesting article but I always find it amusing that people love to use regressions to the mean to make their argument but then abandon it when it suits them. For example in this article he says we will get worse by the regression argument then when talking about our Special Teams says it has been bad for the last couple years and since nothing has changed we will remain bad. The whole point of the regression analysis is to NOT make special exceptions for the data and rely simply upon things returning to average over time. So really our Special Teams should get better not worse. Same with QB where average play from Savage or Watson would be significant pluses but here he says Savage will not be average but rather bottom like Osweiler.
    It has become very common for personal opinion to be couched in statistical jargon rather than actually using statistical analysis. You are simply seeing it in this article. The writers are probably not even aware of their own biases.
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the number 1s look like as a unit. The reality is that we almost never saw them as a unit in the pre-season on either offense or defense. There were always a few being hekl out for some reason and that was during the rare drives which were supposed to be for our first team.

I honestly don't know what we'll look like and don't even think we'll know after the Jacksonville game. I learned NOTHING from the pre-season.
      https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

"Have We Improved" will very much hinge on Rick's decisions leaving us with Kendall Lamm starting at LT and Breno Giacomini's health at RT -- coming off microdiscectomy in January -- as he's the only thing standing between our QBs and Chris Clark, who graded out as the worst RT in the league in 2016.

And injuries, which have been trending bad. We'll see on those.
        If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Based on what we've seen so far in the first quarter of the Jaguars game, I'd say we haven't improved at all. Awful performance.

Ken Wilson
          Cypress, TX

Comment

Originally posted by *R.U.N.V.S.* View Post
            Based on what we've seen so far in the first quarter of the Jaguars game, I'd say we haven't improved at all. Awful performance.
            You are correct. Team looks worse by far even with brock at the helm we looked better than this.
            Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
            TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post

You are correct. Team looks worse by far even with brock at the helm we looked better than this.
              I feel for you guys. I still keep an eye on this team...kind of glad I moved west and went local. I hope you guys get some help soon at the QB and O-line positions and maybe a solid GM.

Comment

Clowney and Watt had one tackle each. HHHMMM

Comment

Oh some things have improved. Such as the value of our 2018 first and second round picks...oh wait, our FO traded those away.

Comment

Working...
                  X