JJ Watt Buy or Sell ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Watt Buy or Sell ?

I'm more then confident he will be as good if not even better in ways . With a whole year to slow down heal , and get that hunger just raging !! I gotta BUY until I see different . Hes one of the few player's I just wouldn't bet against . Cant wait for the first Game and a Patented strip sack !! Some seem to think he wont be as productive . Normally I would agree , I believe LT went through something similar & emerged a smarter more effective player ?? Time will tell .
    His confidence inspires mine I guess ? Gentlemen thoughts , and Im sure Doc has something to say 8) Just teasin H2O !!

Im buying as well. JJ Watt will bounce back from this setback. He's a very determined player who thrives to be the best. My thing is they will have take some of the load off of him. His teammates battling in the trenches will have to step up. Clowney's progession will have to continue rising. That way Watt isnt getting all the attention.
    sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Buy. And the reason im buying is because i think the coaching staff saw our defense take a step forward without watt. They may not ask him to carry the team anymore. Which will benefit him, and the team as a whole. Not to put this the wrong way, but JJ being out was the best thing that ever happened to this defense. It forced everyone to play better as a team and it made Romeo move people around even more.
      sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

I have seen a few mention trading JJ to get our 2018 1st round pick back and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Not a fan, I think he will be fine. Only worry is Clowney not playing as well with JJ back. Odd it seems like the reason he stepped up was due to being "The Guy". When healthy JJ is no question the guy
        JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
          I have seen a few mention trading JJ to get our 2018 1st round pick back and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Not a fan, I think he will be fine. Only worry is Clowney not playing as well with JJ back. Odd it seems like the reason he stepped up was due to being "The Guy". When healthy JJ is no question the guy
          I agree thats why clowney was finally able to step up.. But you could see in that patriots game that whole defense was genuinely irritated that the offense was letting them get behind. That defense had Brady flustered more than a few times. But with the offense unable to really do any damage or stay on the field, the defense finally wore down and got tired. But i think that game was a good example of how badly Clowney wants to be a force. If he keeps that up and JJ comes back full force (which I fully expect) then we will be even better up front. I think Reader had some very good moments of realization where it started to click last year. Thats why we didnt bring vince back. I thoroughly believe Watkins is the new Reader and Reader is the new Vince. I think JJ getting to play beside a strong younger version of Vince will aid him coming back off injury. Seems to me like vince was a slightly better clogger than reader in the middle.. But Reader was a bit quicker and more disruptive.. That line is gonna be fun to watch. A lot of quick big men.. And perhaps the best front this defense has ever had.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see JJ back to his old self, but I've seen too many people with disc problems to actually believe it will happen. His work ethic will get him back when others would retire, but probably not at his old standard. I truly hope I'm wrong.

I'm NOT A DOCTOR, but muscles usually heal and broken bones heal, but disc problems are usually cartilage related and the last I remember hearing, does not regenerate. The best you can do is strengthen the surrounding muscles and take stress off the bone on bone joint to slow down the degenerative process. Replacement of cartilage and substitutes for cartilage just haven't been successful unless there is something new out there.

I am confident that JJ will do all he can, I just don't think his body can hold up to the standard he set for himself when he was healthy.
            Last edited by Marshall; 2 weeks ago.
            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

I agree thats why clowney was finally able to step up.. But you could see in that patriots game that whole defense was genuinely irritated that the offense was letting them get behind. That defense had Brady flustered more than a few times. But with the offense unable to really do any damage or stay on the field, the defense finally wore down and got tired. But i think that game was a good example of how badly Clowney wants to be a force. If he keeps that up and JJ comes back full force (which I fully expect) then we will be even better up front. I think Reader had some very good moments of realization where it started to click last year. Thats why we didnt bring vince back. I thoroughly believe Watkins is the new Reader and Reader is the new Vince. I think JJ getting to play beside a strong younger version of Vince will aid him coming back off injury. Seems to me like vince was a slightly better clogger than reader in the middle.. But Reader was a bit quicker and more disruptive.. That line is gonna be fun to watch. A lot of quick big men.. And perhaps the best front this defense has ever had.
              I agree with everything you say except the Texans letting Vince walk. I believe they'd love to have him back. It is Vince's decision to retire or give it another year and it's looking like retirement has won out at this point.
              https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

I believe Clowney will continue to shine even with Watt being back. Having Wart is actually going to make him even better. It's going to be a pick your poison type of a thing for the opposing team.
                sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

I agree with everything you say except the Texans letting Vince walk. I believe they'd love to have him back. It is Vince's decision to retire or give it another year and it's looking like retirement has won out at this point.
                  Yea.. Kinda sucks we lost him.. But i think he accomplished everything he wanted to. The texans got what they wanted too. Vince was a fantastic stop gap and he taught his replacement very well. Now we have Watkins and Reader.. Thats a young powerful position now. The biggest knock ive heard on watkins is that he wears down and is ineffective when tired.. If they start Reader at nose, use him for a couple drives and let watkins fill in every third drive or so.. You essentially have a hall of famer at that spot. Keeping each guy rotated and fresh means they just never stop coming. Power and fresh legs for days... Thats gonna be a spot I'm watching in the preseason and on into the regular season. With proper rotation, that position could be a nightmare as big as JJ or Clowney.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see JJ back to his old self, but I've seen too many people with disc problems to actually believe it will happen. His work ethic will get him back when others would retire, but probably not at his old standard. I truly hope I'm wrong.

I'm NOT A DOCTOR, but muscles usually heal and broken bones heal, but disc problems are usually cartilage related and the last I remember hearing, does not regenerate. The best you can do is strengthen the surrounding muscles and take stress off the bone on bone joint to slow down the degenerative process. Replacement of cartilage and substitutes for cartilage just haven't been successful unless there is something new out there.

I am confident that JJ will do all he can, I just don't think his body can hold up to the standard he set for himself when he was healthy.
                    JJ is on record saying that he will retire if his body or play is not up to his standards. I think that is why rumors/ideas to trade him are starting. The spinal cord and any area involved with it are very touchy. Most nerve damage issues take 1 year to 18 months to heal. After that it is more rehab to get everything going the same way it was. JJ had disc issues and that isn't the same thing but you can base a 100% recovery on that pretty good. Say 6-9 months to 100%. But, I can also see why some say trade him. If he can't be what he was and an injury pops up. It could be a retire situation based off what he himself said. But someone you know would be ok with taking a risk on if he was serious or not. 1 team really stands out and has picks they can move...the Browns (again). Imagine Myles and JJ together, makes JJ and Clowney look normal. Myles and JJ are flat out scary

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                      ...and Im sure Doc has something to say 8) Just teasin H2O !!
                      Microdiscectomy at L5/S1 level that failed and required a second microdiscectomy.

If he reinjures it again, it'll be lumbar fusion or an implant. No NFL player has returned from lumbar fusion. Implant has not yet reported attempted on an elite athlete still in competition.
                      In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Microdiscectomy at L5/S1 level that failed and required a second microdiscectomy.

If he reinjures it again, it'll be lumbar fusion or an implant. No NFL player has returned from lumbar fusion. Implant has not yet reported attempted on an elite athlete still in competition.
                        I just hope he's the 1 out 1 mil. that come back as good or better its happened . Im sure hes working out and trying to protect those areas with muscle ect. Just not the kinda player I give up on but I realize how serous it could be !

Comment

I'm not buying or selling. I caught too much flack last year when I was griping about him waiting so long before having the surgery and about missing the beginning of the year when he could have done it sooner and been ready. I get it though, he wanted to see if it would heal on it's own. I'll give him credit for having a solid explanation. Just looked fishy to me.

I'm waiting and seeing. If he could come back to JJ Watt play maker at just the opportune moment guy he was....yeah, that would be great. And I can see him doing it. He's just not a normal person so you can't really compare him to anyone else with the same situation. We'll see how it goes. But man, if he came back and played lights out ...That would be an exciting thing to see. Our front 7 would be a terror in the NFL.
                          Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

They are getting great results with stem cells from a persons own blood . Actual regrowth or full healing of damaged areas . Something that may help or maybe already has ??

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Hence articles about trading him. If it requires a 3rd surgery or at some point during the year that repair goes south. He will be forced to retire. At best, it would take 2yrs about for it to be good enough to return. At that point he would be 30 (28 now) and for his position not good odds.

Comment

Working...
                              X