JJ Watt Buy or Sell ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy. Nough said
    Alan Jackson isn't the only one who wishes Dallas was in Tennessee!

Comment

I'm buying. But if we can get a first round pick for him I'm doing that all the way as well. Our offensive line and QB of the future needs way more help than our defense. Defense is fine. Plus like Arkham had stated and as I've previously stated before, our defense operated better without him. Crennel had to get creative, we had more guys play to their potential, clowney broke out...I'm not saying this can't be done with JJ. As I think he's one of the greatest players at any position of all time. He's my favorite player. But like I said, we'll probably need 2 tackles after this year. Maybe we get lucky and find a starter in free agency next year. But if not, then how does one replace two positions on the line without a first or 2nd round pick? I just don't see it happening. Especially with rick smith. Really wish that Cunningham pick was an OL because I'm really worried about that OL

Comment

What is this??? The Price is Right??

Definitely BUY, he is a special DUDE!!

Comment

Lol, all things have to come together immediately if the Texans ever want to see a SB. JJ's and JC's health is tenuous. Gotta take advantage NOW. Take them out and watch our secondary get toasted every week.

Comment

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to introduce myself - long time houstonian, recently moved to NE. As a spine surgeon I can help with any spine related questions folks may have.
            My take on the JJ Watt injury - it sounds like from a neurologic standpoint he doesn't have a motor/sensory deficit from what I can gather. From a risk standpoint - he unfortunately has a > 25% chance of needing additional spine surgery in the future. At what point I can not say, but in general spine surgery begets more spine surgery. Its hard to predict this upcoming season, but as one of the other posters has mentioned, if he has another recurrent disc herniation a lumbar fusion is typically recommended. IF that occurs he is done in the NFL. I'll try and be an optimist. Hopefully coaches will use him more carefully to minimize the risk of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by latinfridley View Post
              Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to introduce myself - long time houstonian, recently moved to NE. As a spine surgeon I can help with any spine related questions folks may have.

My take on the JJ Watt injury - it sounds like from a neurologic standpoint he doesn't have a motor/sensory deficit from what I can gather. From a risk standpoint - he unfortunately has a > 25% chance of needing additional spine surgery in the future. At what point I can not say, but in general spine surgery begets more spine surgery. Its hard to predict this upcoming season, but as one of the other posters has mentioned, if he has another recurrent disc herniation a lumbar fusion is typically recommended. IF that occurs he is done in the NFL. I'll try and be an optimist. Hopefully coaches will use him more carefully to minimize the risk of problems.
              What would you tell him to minimize that risk? Is it as simple as saying something along the lines of.. Limit the types of moves in your pass rush arsenal to: X, Y and Z, strengthen the area around it and give him a snap count.. Or does this seem to be more a matter of "when" than "if".

Also: Welcome to the board!

Comment

to Houston Texans Message Boards!

...Hopefully coaches will use him more carefully to minimize the risk of problems.
                Texans trainers submitted a modified exercise regimen to Watt's personal trainer, but he's still flipping tractor tires and doing extreme (60") box jumps.

The team plans on minimizing his participation in training camp, preseason games to get what they can out of him when it counts.
                In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

to Houston Texans Message Boards!

Texans trainers submitted a modified exercise regimen to Watt's personal trainer, but he's still flipping tractor tires and doing extreme (60") box jumps.

The team plans on minimizing his participation in training camp, preseason games to get what they can out of him when it counts.
                  Yes, but we are talking about JJ. He will play with both legs missing and from the reports of his offseason workouts with his brothers and getting TJ ready for the combine... he is not going to slow down. It just isn't in the Watt blood to take the workouts down a notch or two.

Just hope he dosent cause an issue from his full speed ahead workout routine. He just destroyed the HR derby and looked like a monster doing it.
                  JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Welcome to the message boards. It's nice to have a real expert on these injuries. Good stuff!
                    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
                    X