#Texans sign Dare Ogunbowale.
    Dare Ogunbowale

RB WISCONSIN
    • 5'11" HEIGHT
    • 31 3/8" ARM LENGTH
    • 213 LBS. WEIGHT
    • 9 1/8" HANDS
    OVERVIEW

In spite of Ogunbowale's skills, some think he's only the second-best athlete in the family. His sister, Arike, was a three-time Wisconsin high school basketball player of the year and is now one of the top scorers at Notre Dame. Ogunbowale (whose name is pronounced DAR-ay oh-goon-bo-WALL-ay) came to Wisconsin as a walk-on defensive back. He redshirted in 2012 and played in eight games on special teams in 2013. Ogunbowale moved from cornerback to running back after the first game of the 2014 season due to injuries there (34-193, TD) and was also the team's second-leading special teams tackler with nine. With Corey Clement not playing much in 2015, Ogunbowale started 10 games and led the team in rushing (194-819, seven TD rushing; 36-299, TD receiving). Clement returned to start this fall, so Ogunbowale's numbers went down a bit (91-506, five TD rushing; 24-208, one TD).

STRENGTHS

Runs with proper pad level. Decent hips to cut and swerve away from tacklers or shake them off. Runs hard through contact and can keep runs alive. Good feel for stretch plays and can shift paths without gearing down. Has good vision to make wise choices. Served as Wisconsin's third-down back. Soft hands and helped out of the backfield on screens, swings and "V" routes. Can separate from linebackers out of breaks. Swivels head and scans for work in pass protection. Gives a solid poke to pass rushers with chip blocks. Willing to square up a blitzer.

WEAKNESSES

Runs with low knees. Run speed rarely varies. Lacks a big burst downhill and struggles to squeeze through tight creases. Will stutter step toward line of scrimmage unless he sees a clear rushing path. Benefitted from monster running lanes created by Wisconsin's offensive line. Try-hard back but not a dynamic runner; what you see is what you get. Doesn't have enough juice to accelerate to lateral escapes if he has to slow it down. Lacks desired speed for chunk runs. Not much of a catch radius. Has issues securing the low throws.

BOTTOM LINE

A third-down back with the effort and consistency to compete for a roster spot on the next level. While his carry count is relatively low he's a serviceable option as a runner and has the pass-catching talent to compete for snaps on a team devoid of a prototypical third-down back. -Lance Zierlein
    Percentile
    Height 5' 11" 55
    Weight 213 lbs 46
    Arm Length 31⅜" 61
    Hand Size 9⅛" 40
    40 Yard Dash 4.65s 24
    Vertical Jump 35" 57
    Broad Jump 120" 65
    3-Cone Drill 6.99s 59
    20 Yard Shuttle 4.34s 30
    Bench Press 14 reps 8
    Last edited by H2O4me; 6 days ago.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

The was rumor going around that he was at camp and then that he wasn't and then that he wasn't signed, etc.

Glad to see everything is official.

I kind of like him, I'm surprised he wasn't drafted. Hilliard was cut, so he has a chance to at least make the 53.

Good move.

Comment

Dudes got a pretty mean side step!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
        Dudes got a pretty mean side step!
        Your 3rd down back....

He's intelligent, well spoken... has a chance.
        Last edited by H2O4me; 6 days ago.
        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

How long were Arian's arms? He doesn't really compare to Arian but just out of interest, I wouldn't mind comparing their numbers.

Comment

The video is good, but the RAP CRAP needs to go.
            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
              How long were Arian's arms? He doesn't really compare to Arian but just out of interest, I wouldn't mind comparing their numbers.
              Arian was 6'1" with long 33" arms, yet he still put up 23 reps on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Arian was 6'1" with long 33" arms, yet he still put up 23 reps on the bench.
                I saw the height, weight, and bench reps, I was just curious about the arm length.

Obviously, no comparison.

Dare: 5'11, 215, 31 inch arms, and 14 bench reps.

Foster: 6'0, 226, 33 inch arms, and 23 reps.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Your 3rd down back....

He's intelligent, well spoken... has a chance.
                  1st of all that is one of the best highlight videos I've ever seen.

2nd we've had luck with undrained rbs with the #23 before so why not?

Does he add much to ST? that's how he got to make this team. Blue has his limitations in the run game, but he is a stud on ST
                  sigpic

Comment

Dare Ogunbowale must carve niche in crowded Texans backfield

TexansWire
                    Undrafted rookie running back Dare Ogunbowale has accomplished his first step. He successfully showed enough in his rookie minicamp tryout to earn a contract with the Houston Texans.

Now the Wisconsin RB will have to prove he can find a useful role to stick with the Texans beyond training camp.

Finding a role will be interesting, as much of what the long-haired Ogunbowale offers is already on the roster in one form or another.

He’s not an exceptional athlete and his speed is a real limiting factor.

Ogunbowale is not a powerful inside runner, doing his best work outside the tackle box with quick cuts and aggressive north/south burst. That stood out during Shrine Game practices, where those of us in attendance saw a lot of this from the West RB:

He’s also a very good receiver out of the backfield, with sure hands and acceleration out of his breaks.

Those are impressive, but therein lies Ogunbowale’s issue in sticking long-term in Houston. His skills are essentially redundant with last year’s fourth-round pick Tyler Ervin. Yet Ervin is a far better all-around athlete, a full three-tenths of a second faster in the 40-yard dash.

If the undrafted rookie is going to make it in Houston, he’ll need to prove an immediate asset on special teams and in all facets of the passing game. He has that potential but with his limited speed, Ogunbowale will need to perform near flawlessly in his limited reps.

Comment

I'm sure Ervin and Dare will get quite a few carries in the preseason.

Comment

Working...
                      X