Let's talk offense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post

The question was about Bill O'Brien possibly getting fired if he goes 9-7 again. It was not about Rick Smith who you clearly don't like. Why do we have to always change the narrative to Rick Smith this and that. Yes he should've been fired back when Kubiak got the boot. Unfortunately he's our GM for at least another two years. But this question by Aussiedave was solely about Bill O'Brien big homie.
    What does "big homie" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

It means my friend
      sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

OB has a winning record. Rick Smith has presided over a career losing record. I guess your rules don't apply to everyone.
        I forgot what national media guy said it, but pretty much they said if you are a coordinator that becomes a HC you better make sure your side of the ball is up to par or you get fired. Our offense has been bottom of the barrel for Obrien's whole time here, some of it is play calling, some was his staff, some of it is personnel. Obrien has been riding a top defense which honestly outside of hiring RAC he has no claim to. I like Obrien as a man, and I think he can be a **** good HC but if our offense doesn't look like it should be competing on Sundays for a 4th year in a row he needs to go.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

I forgot what national media guy said it, but pretty much they said if you are a coordinator that becomes a HC you better make sure your side of the ball is up to par or you get fired. Our offense has been bottom of the barrel for Obrien's whole time here, some of it is play calling, some was his staff, some of it is personnel. Obrien has been riding a top defense which honestly outside of hiring RAC he has no claim to. I like Obrien as a man, and I think he can be a **** good HC but if our offense doesn't look like it should be competing on Sundays for a 4th year in a row he needs to go.
          You need a good coach and qb to have the makings of a good O - so far the qb play has been below par so I feel like if we kick O'Brien to the kerb, we may be tipping the baby out with the bathwater which is why I suggested we need to see two seasons out of O'Brien with Watson under center - just to see if they can form the makings of a good combo.
          1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

I read this the other day, and just skipped over it ... just read it again .... That's funny !! I can be a little slow at times .... but other times, I'm just a little thick .... Not that there's anything wrong with that !!
            "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
            Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X