No announcement yet.

Preseason...Game 1...Carolina Panthers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason...Game 1...Carolina Panthers!

On Wednesday, August 9th at 6:30 pm central time, the Houston Texans will travel to Charlotte, North Carolina to take on the Panthers at Bank of America Field. The game will be aired on the NFL Network.
    I know it's 2 weeks away, but the excitement is building way too much to delay these threads. Lol
    We all know that the starters will only play 1 maybe 2 series in this game, so we'll only get a glimpse of Tom Savage and the offense.
    The point of this game will be to begin evaluation of the rookies, second year players and all of the new acquisitions in the off season.
    We all want to see how Deshaun Watson is going to handle playing in a much faster game and how he handles the offense, but I want to see 3 other things.
    1) How will D'onte Foreman and the running game look?
    2) How will the offensive line shape up?
    3) How will the defensive backfield hold up?
    So what is it you guys want to see?
    What are you most looking for in these preseason games to give you hope for a strong season?
    Lets Go Texans!
    Last edited by JamTex; 3 weeks ago.
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

1) What will the O-line look like without Duane Brown?
    2) Does Deshaun Watson flash some "it" factor?
    3) What does Zach Cunningham look like? Too skinny? How's his tackle form? Can he cover the wheel?
    4) Does Julien Davenport move athletically? Look the part?
    5) Who steps up if Cushing goes down?
    6) No AJ Bouye... who fills that huge hole and can they match up TEs and Slots?
    7) Does Foreman's foot hold up?
    8) Speaking of feet -- will KJ be full go after being extendedly sidelined?
    9) Who replaces Simon, can he hold the edge?

10) David Quessenberry... first live action since 2013.

Comment

Bring it on baby, I'm so ready.

Comment

Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post
        Bring it on baby, I'm so ready.
        We are all so ready for some football!

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Im always ready for any type of football.

Im excited to see:

1. What the rookies look like. Who will become a day 1 starter, who will make the team? And etc

2. What undrafted free agent or free agent pick up will make the team. How will they impact the team?

3. Who's going to be this years Bouye or Foster.

4. How will the offense and defense will look when teams hit them with the blitz or when our D come at them with the blitz.

5. This time Im curious to see O'Brien's offensive play calling.
          sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by jamtex View Post

we are all so ready for some football!
            we are?

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post

we are?
              Yup. And looking forward to your official game day threads!

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

#10 from H2O's post. Just by DQ getting back out there is a huge accomplishment for any person. I hope he balls out.

Deshaun Watson will be intriguing, obviously. My #1 thing will be our CB depth. I could be wrong but I'm hoping the loss of Bouye isn't too great.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
                  Just by DQ getting back out there is a huge accomplishment for any person.
                  Guess I am going to Dairy Queen for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post

Guess I am going to Dairy Queen for lunch.

One for sleeper...I bet he is lurking out there somewhere...
                    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

I'm starting to think that our Texans could have a very special season this year. Savage is playing great so far in training camp. Watson is better the advertised. They are almost splitting first team reps on offense. If this offense gets good play from either or both of these quarterbacks, especially with all of the speed and weapons on this team, it could finally be an offense that is worthy to play opposite of the incredible Texans defense. This is going to be a fun year. Keep in mind that Savage is basically auditioning for a starting job with another team next year. Maybe he stays if he is just unbelievably great. A Tom Brady in the making, then the Texans stay with him long term, but that's not very likely. Tom is most likely not going to be in a Texans uniform next year. He'll be a free agent at the end of this season and if he shows that he's good, there will be interest and offers from other teams. This team will be Watson's to command in the future. Lets see how things go. It's going to be fun to watch.
                      Last edited by JamTex; 3 weeks ago.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                        I'm starting to think that our Texans could have a very special season this year. Savage is playing great so far in training camp. Watson is better the advertised. They are almost splitting first team reps on offense. If this offense gets good play from either or both of these quarterbacks, especially with all of the speed and weapons on this team, it could finally be any offense that is worthy to play opposite of the incredible Texans defense. This is going to be a fun year. Keep in mind that Savage is basically auditioning for a starting job with another team next year. Maybe he stays if he is just unbelievably great. A Tom Brady in the making, then the Texans stay with him long term, but that's not very likely. Tom is most likely not going to be in a Texans uniform next year. He'll be a free agent at the end of this season and if he shows that he's good, there will be interest and offers from other teams. This team will be Watson's to command in the future. Lets see how things go. It's going to be fun to watch.
                        Interesting and possible...what do the Texans do if Savage turns out really good? Hard to forget Watson but dangerous to let a good QB walk. This is why I think the Texans should always, every year, draft a QB in some round. They have far more trade value than any other position and we should be leveraging that. Watson will really have to show something great to make the decision to trade Savage easier, but if Savage goes through another year of injuries I'd pull the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

Interesting and possible...what do the Texans do if Savage turns out really good?
                          Keep him. Start him. If he's really good then they are winning with him. Take some satisfaction in the fact that, for the first time, they actually drafted and developed a QB that can compete in the NFL. There would be nothing wrong with Savage starting and Watson developing his game as a backup over the next 2-3 of years if we are winning. In fact, I very much hope that this is the scenario that plays out.
                          Last edited by Will 51; 3 weeks ago. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                            I'm starting to think that our Texans could have a very special season this year. Savage is playing great so far in training camp. Watson is better the advertised. They are almost splitting first team reps on offense. If this offense gets good play from either or both of these quarterbacks, especially with all of the speed and weapons on this team, it could finally be an offense that is worthy to play opposite of the incredible Texans defense. This is going to be a fun year. Keep in mind that Savage is basically auditioning for a starting job with another team next year. Maybe he stays if he is just unbelievably great. A Tom Brady in the making, then the Texans stay with him long term, but that's not very likely. Tom is most likely not going to be in a Texans uniform next year. He'll be a free agent at the end of this season and if he shows that he's good, there will be interest and offers from other teams. This team will be Watson's to command in the future. Lets see how things go. It's going to be fun to watch.
                            Neither of these QBs has any significant NFL experience as a starter. Every now and then a Dak Prescott surfaces, or someone moves up from the bench to a starter, but it's the exception. Until we see either of these guys perform at a high level in September - not August - we don't know.

Comment

I would love Savage to ball out and be awesome but I dont think thats gonna be the case. If savage was exceptionally good, or even just pretty good, I think we would have seen that support coming from the Texans coaching staff. I mean they're out there with this guy all the time, and if they thought he was gonna be the next Alex Smith, much less Tom Brady, I dont think they'd have gone out of their way to get Watson or even Brock

-PERSONALLY- and i hope Savage doesnt just flame out and make me feel like an idiot for saying this, but I really liked some stuff I saw him do in preseason games last year and the year before and I got the notion that he'd definitely be better than Hoyer at least. I know he didn't exactly amaze last year when he went in for Brock but I thought that he did ok enough to not lose, especially considering the incredibly awkward situation. I think with practice, he should be a lot better than what he did in those games. The only thing is that he just always seems to have these little injuries that keep him from playing and that is the biggest red flag for me.

Regarding Watson, he seems very competitive and I think this is a guy that wont be satisfied waiting in the wings if our current QB play isn't great. I'm not trying to say he's gonna be the next great thing, but I feel pretty confident that Watson is gonna do whatever it takes to get the starting job. That thought alone already makes me feel pretty good about his chances, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X