No announcement yet.

Preseason...Game 1...Carolina Panthers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah as most of the starters will only play like one quarter. And really think that Watson will do whatever he can to get the starting job. Could be something going down to the wire with him and Savage.
    [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
      I'm starting to think that our Texans could have a very special season this year. Savage is playing great so far in training camp. Watson is better the advertised. They are almost splitting first team reps on offense. If this offense gets good play from either or both of these quarterbacks, especially with all of the speed and weapons on this team, it could finally be an offense that is worthy to play opposite of the incredible Texans defense. This is going to be a fun year. Keep in mind that Savage is basically auditioning for a starting job with another team next year. Maybe he stays if he is just unbelievably great. A Tom Brady in the making, then the Texans stay with him long term, but that's not very likely. Tom is most likely not going to be in a Texans uniform next year. He'll be a free agent at the end of this season and if he shows that he's good, there will be interest and offers from other teams. This team will be Watson's to command in the future. Lets see how things go. It's going to be fun to watch.
      Im not hanging my hat on anything coming out of the Texans camp when it's concerning the offense.

Please do not mention Savage and Brady in the same breath ever again JamTex. That's a major sin brother, real talk.

They did not move up in the draft so that they could have their shiny new toy on the sidelines holding a clipboard.

Why can't the future play like right now. I mean Savage might not complete the first preseason game healthy.
      sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Tom savage in those 2 and half games he started last year was not impressive at all it was just a breath of fresh air that he did not turn the ball over.

Comment

The dynamic duo of Watt-Clowney could be a ticking time bomb. Whichever of the three QB's that can best manage the game and not throw picks should start. I for one don't want to see this season wasted because this D could be in its peak year.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
            The dynamic duo of Watt-Clowney could be a ticking time bomb. Whichever of the three QB's that can best manage the game and not throw picks should start. I for one don't want to see this season wasted because this D could be in its peak year.
            First preseason game just a few miles down the road from Clowney's home town.
            Weather Report for NFL Season: Partly Clowney with a good chance of Pain!

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast View Post
              First preseason game just a few miles down the road from Clowney's home town.
              Yep. And JJo's.

Comment

With just one week left until the first preseason game, I thought it would be cool to post a couple of YouTube videos to get everyone fired up for some Texans football!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnPoglzUdvw
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNvFU1Zghj0&t=58s
                ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

So there are preseason games next week on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Ours is on Wednesday night. Don't think I've ever watched Wednesday pro football...?

Think the NFL is trying to take over the world?

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Yep. And JJo's.
                    And I get the channel now. Had to "fix the problem" of not getting some games.
                    Weather Report for NFL Season: Partly Clowney with a good chance of Pain!

Comment

With Will Fuller out for the foreseeable future, the Texans will need someone else to step up. We also have another speed demon in Wendal Williams who ran a 4.19, 40 yard dash. He could be one to take the top off of a defense. So there are options. Strong, B. Miller, Williams. Lets see what we have in them in this game. I hope someone can step up and play well opposite Hopkins.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

5 days from right now, we'll all be watching the first game of the preseason! It's going to be great having football back!
                        O-line
                        D-backs
                        Receivers
                        Running backs
                        Q-backs
                        We have allot to watch and evaluate as fans.
                        Looking forward to what we can get a glimpse of for the up coming season.
                        GO TEXANS!!!

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

I'm staring to really like the chances of Williams stepping in and stepping up. Wendal is playing well. Lets hope he gets to that second year jump. He's looking like it so far after catching 2 touchdowns in practice today. Just maybe, he can have a break out season this year, especially with being the opportunity since Fuller will be out for a while.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Apparently JJ is gonna play too! Hope he has a good time

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post

Keep him. Start him. If he's really good then they are winning with him. Take some satisfaction in the fact that, for the first time, they actually drafted and developed a QB that can compete in the NFL. There would be nothing wrong with Savage starting and Watson developing his game as a backup over the next 2-3 of years if we are winning. In fact, I very much hope that this is the scenario that plays out.
                              I'd rather have Savage play the role of Favre and Watson play the role of Rodgers than Watson play the role of Prescott.
                              https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

I'd rather have Savage play the role of Favre and Watson play the role of Rodgers than Watson play the role of Prescott.
                                Tom Savage is a back up himself. Deshaun won't learn anything watching Tom stink up the place. Besides there's plenty of elite qbs that played well there rookie season.

Comment

Working...
                                X