Front Loaded Home Schedule Favors Savage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Loaded Home Schedule Favors Savage

The Texans' front loaded home schedule, consisting of 4 very winnable home games (Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs and Browns) in the first 36 days of the season is an additional factor that favors Savage as the starter. In the midst of the early season schedule is most likely a loss at New England. During the remaining 11 weeks of the season, the Texans play only four home games, including one against the Steelers in prime time, and have a relatively tough road schedule including games at Seattle and Baltimore, and 3 division games on the road. This is going to be a tough stretch.

Starting Savage instead of Watson gives the Texans the best chance to get a jump on the rest of the division early in the season, and it makes sense that the coaching staff will recognize this opportunity and not risk it on a rookie.
    Last edited by Will 51; 4 weeks ago.

God i want to believe we're gonna win at NE, if the defense is hungry for it like they were during the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by taboo View Post
      God i want to believe we're gonna win at NE, if the defense is hungry for it like they were during the playoffs.
      Regardless of whether it's Savage or Watson, the Texans are going to start a largely untested QB against one of the best ever who is still at the top of his game, in their stadium. While I hear the accolades regarding our defense last year, this is a different group - as we saw last night. I think that it's going to be a long afternoon for the Texans in Week 3, but that's why they play the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post

Regardless of whether it's Savage or Watson, the Texans are going to start a largely untested QB against one of the best ever who is still at the top of his game, in their stadium. While I hear the accolades regarding our defense last year, this is a different group - as we saw last night. I think that it's going to be a long afternoon for the Texans in Week 3, but that's why they play the games.
        You're really going out on a limb there. Is there anyone who wouldn't be facing a long afternoon against the Patriots at their place no less? It doesn't mean that we can't beat them, but everyone faces a long afternoon there.
        https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by taboo View Post
          No more Brock should make a difference

Comment

Time will tell if Savage is the right guy in our quest to start the season off strong or get a jump on the Division. He is still practically a rookie himself. Once the real season starts, team will bring the heat early often. The first 5 weeks is brutal. Week one we play Jacksonville on Sunday and then play Thursday night against the Bengals.
            Patriots
            Titans
            Chiefs

We could very well go 1-4 or 2-3 during than span. And that's with either one of those guys at the helm.
            sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post

No more Brock should make a difference
              Couldn't agree more. That guy was a motivational cancer to this team. Hopkins didn't want him here.. The defense prolly felt the same after the way he singlehandedly threw away their near legendary efforts in Foxbourough in January. Not to mention the additions the texans have made.. I'm stoked to see Foreman as the year goes on. I think he will be fun to watch and a helpful addition in deciding a game like that.
              sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

The Titans and Chiefs are no where near as bad as the Browns and Jags...
                Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

You're really going out on a limb there. Is there anyone who wouldn't be facing a long afternoon against the Patriots at their place no less? It doesn't mean that we can't beat them, but everyone faces a long afternoon there.
                  The Chiefs didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post

The Chiefs didn't.
                    Chiefs spanked 'em on their own turf! And it was awesome to watch!

Comment

Good thing the schedule is front loaded or they might have gotten their butts kicked...
                      Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post
                        Good thing the schedule is front loaded or they might have gotten their butts kicked...
                        Some years it's early in the season, and other years it's later in the season - but they never fail to disappoint.

This was a shocker reminiscent of Mark Sanchez and the Jets coming to Houston in his rookie season and beating us on opening weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X