Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1...And It Starts...Jacksonville Jaguars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 1...And It Starts...Jacksonville Jaguars!

On Sunday, September 10th at 12 pm, The Texans will take on the Jaguars at home in Houston at NRG Stadium. The game will be aired locally on CBS 11.
    Blake Bortles will be the starting quarterback for the Jaguars and Tom Savage will be the starting quaterback for the Texans. I'll take Tom over Blake any day.
    On paper, the Jaguars defense looks improved with players like Malik Jackson, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack and AJ Bouye, but compare that to JJ Watt, JD Clowney, Whit Mercilus, Andre Hal, Kevin Johnson and Benardrick McKinney. I'm affraid the Defense of the Jaguars doesn't stack up against the vaunting defense of the Texans.
    The offenses are equally mismatched. The Jaguars have some good running backs in Fournette, Ivory and Yeldon, But the Texans counter that with Miller, Foreman and Blue. The wide receivers are the biggest difference. The Texans have D Hop, Ellington and B Miller slated to start. I think that sounds allot better then the Jaguars starters of Robinson and Lee. Blake is at a big disadvantage. And even without Brown, The Texans offensive line should be heads above better then the Jaguars at opening up the running game and protecting the passer.
    All in all, The Jaguars just don't measure up to the Texans. Even our weak special teams are better.
    The first prediction of the year.
    Texans 35
    Jaguars 10

GO TEXANS!!!
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

It should be an easy win, also the only win in September and the only time they are ABOVE .500 for the whole season.

P.S. Savage is a scrub.
    Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post
      It should be an easy win, also the only win in September and the only time they are ABOVE .500 for the whole season.

P.S. Savage is a scrub.
      Just a SCRUB???

Comment

P.S. Savage is a scrub.
        So will you be willing to eat crow when these Texans prove you wrong? I predict, not only will the Texans be over 500, they will win at least 10 games. Possibly even 12. They win this game against the Jaguars handily and ride the emotion of the city then the momentum of this first win right through Cincinnati next Thursday. This Texans team, and Tom Savage, will surprise many. Tom is better then Brock on so many levels. The fact that Deandre believes in him should be enough. And even average play from Tom will be an improvement over last year. That will put the Texans at winning at least 1 more game then they did last year.
        we shall see. It all starts on Sunday.
        Last edited by JamTex; 2 weeks ago.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post

So will you be willing to eat crow when these Texans prove you wrong? I predict, not only will the Texans be over 500, they will win at least 10 games. Possibly even 12. They win this game against the Jaguars handily and ride the emotion of the city then the momentum of this first win right through Cincinnati next Thursday. This Texans team, and Tom Savage, will surprise many. Tom is better then Brock on so many levels. The fact that Deandre believes in him should be enough. And even average play from Tom will be an improvement over last year. That will put the Texans at winning at least 1 more game then they did last year.
          we shall see. It all starts on Sunday.
          No he won't, he never owns up to any of his bad predictions or false statements.

Comment

Looking at this game objectively........ We have 3 viable receivers'........... We have a depleted running back core........... An offensive line that can't help but be distracted by Mr. Browns antics......... And a quarterback in his first REAL game at the "GUY"
            Although our Defense is supposed to be stellar, I didn't see much of that in preseason. We missed an important game to evaluate our mid to lower level talent, and all of these guys have been delivering much needed supplies and helping when they can in the community at large. I wonder how much time was lost in the film room by being good citizens.
            I say the Texans win, but it in no way will be a cake walk. I think it's a comeback win with the FANS getting the game ball.
            sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by kemahkeith View Post
              Looking at this game objectively........ We have 3 viable receivers'........... We have a depleted running back core........... An offensive line that can't help but be distracted by Mr. Browns antics......... And a quarterback in his first REAL game at the "GUY"
              Although our Defense is supposed to be stellar, I didn't see much of that in preseason. We missed an important game to evaluate our mid to lower level talent, and all of these guys have been delivering much needed supplies and helping when they can in the community at large. I wonder how much time was lost in the film room by being good citizens.
              I say the Texans win, but it in no way will be a cake walk. I think it's a comeback win with the FANS getting the game ball.
              I agree -- this game is gonna be ugly and will likely come down to field goals and turnovers. That being said.. I think Fournette with a foot injury and Bortles being the turnover machine that he is, helps us get the win.

Comment

Jacksonville is still not a major threat to us. They do however play us tough as it is a division game. I think we will win this game though. Our offense has not shown us yet that it can smoothly orchestrate consistent scoring drives. I pray that they magically explode on offense and shock us all. I think it will be a close game, but our Texans do enough to keep the Jags at bay.
                "Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale."

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've seen too many Easy Wins turn into hard fought struggles and even losses to take anyone for granted. I'd love to see a blowout win. It's been a while. But then I'd have to worry about getting overconfident.

All I want is 19-0. Is that too much to ask?
                  https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

If Henne is the QB on Sunday then we win easily ... If Bortles is the QB it becomes interesting but he will turn the ball over 2-3 times. Their line is terrible with Cam Robinson at RT now and Watt, Clowney and Mercilus are going to go nuts. Linder is the only one worth a **** on that line. I think this MIGHT be a defensive show down unless Texans running game just takes over and Savage shows us why Bill was ready for him to play

Comment

Two things I want to see. First is Tom Coughlin vs Rick Smith. What direction are these teams headed under their direction. Also want to see a Tom Savage vs Blake Bortles (Nicholas Cage vs James Garner) matchup to see if, after all, they are one and the same.

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                        A.J. Bouye on covering DeAndre Hopkins: 'I can't be hesitant.'

A.J. Bouye said Kevin Johnson told him he wishes he was still with the Texans. They remain close friends

A.J. Bouye said he talked frequently with Robert Nelson, Kevin Johnson, Johnathan Joseph recently

A.J. Bouye: 'I'm very thankful to the Texans' coaches for never giving up on me.'

A.J. Bouye on his journey: 'I'm just blessed. I'm glad I didn't focus on the setbacks. I used all of that as motivation'

Texans focused on stopping the run against Jaguars ift.tt/2eGC1Ub

A.J. Bouye on signing with Jaguars: 'I just felt like it was a fresh start. It was a business. I'm glad to be where I'm at now.'

A.J. Bouye on DeAndre Hopkins: 'It helped out a lot going against one of the best receivers in the league.'

A.J. Bouye's daughter and baby's mother made it out of town in time: 'They were safe'

A.J. Bouye on what happened in hurricane: 'I was praying for everybody' Said his daughter was safe

A.J. Bouye: 'I'm going to be really focused. I'm going to tune out all the other noise'

A.J. Bouye on DeAndre Hopkins: 'I'm just looking forward to the matchup. It's just going to be a dogfight.'

I guess I now's a good time for Texans fans to know...

AJ Bouye/agent told Rick Smith that they would under no circumstances negotiate with the organization or sign a new contract. So Texans would have to franchise tag him over and over until eventually the dollars forced them to let him go. He wanted to be back close to Florida and his father.

Now, whether we should have franchised him for 2017 is up for question. But he wanted out.

I'm with Kevin. I wish he was still here.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                          Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

I guess I now's a good time for Texans fans to know...

AJ Bouye/agent told Rick Smith that they would under no circumstances negotiate with the organization or sign a new contract. So Texans would have to franchise tag him over and over until eventually the dollars forced them to let him go. He wanted to be back close to Florida and his father.

Now, whether we should have franchised him for 2017 is up for question. But he wanted out.

I'm with Kevin. I wish he was still here.
                          If this is true -- I'm glad Bouye ended up where he wanted to be, and glad Rick didn't bring back a piece that didn't want to be here.

The bold phrasing reads harsher than the situation probably merits, and seems to imply that he denied negotiations due to organizational dysfunction. It's more likely that RS asked: What's it gonna take to keep you, and Bouye responded with: Sir, I don't plan on coming back to Houston -- My goal has always been to get back home to Florida.

But who knows -- I may be reading too much into it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post

No he won't, he never owns up to any of his bad predictions or false statements.
                            You clearly have not been paying attention...

Ive been calling this team a bunch of .500 hovering playoff non factors for years and that is exactly what they have been. For years.

You "true believers" are the ones that never own up to anything.

Sorry that I don't enjoy a decade of mediocrity because its slightly better than being awful...
                            Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

You clearly have not been paying attention...

Ive been calling this team a bunch of .500 hovering playoff non factors for years and that is exactly what they have been. For years.

You "true believers" are the ones that never own up to anything.

Sorry that I don't enjoy a decade of mediocrity because its slightly better than being awful...
                              I think it's better to be a "true believer" then a troll.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X