Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1...And It Starts...Jacksonville Jaguars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
    Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

I guess I now's a good time for Texans fans to know...

AJ Bouye/agent told Rick Smith that they would under no circumstances negotiate with the organization or sign a new contract. So Texans would have to franchise tag him over and over until eventually the dollars forced them to let him go. He wanted to be back close to Florida and his father.

Now, whether we should have franchised him for 2017 is up for question. But he wanted out.

I'm with Kevin. I wish he was still here.
    I don't want anybody that doesn't want to be here. So good luck and good riddance. That goes for that Old Fart at LT too. But he get's to sit a couple of years first.
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post

I think it's better to be a "true believer" then a troll.
      Im not going to pretend that the team is better than it is just because theyre my team.

If that makes me a troll , i really dont care, they just need to get better.
      Brian Cushing... "The enlarged heart and soul of the defense..." Bring on the apologists...

Comment

Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post

Im not going to pretend that the team is better than it is just because theyre my team.

Trolls have never made a team better. So why be a troll?

Comment

Never realized a sports team enjoyed the same status as Jesus Christ. Take them on faith or you are excommunicated.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
            Never realized a sports team enjoyed the same status as Jesus Christ. Take them on faith or you are excommunicated.
            Just a few points:

Sports teams deserve SUPPORT. Teams fail.

Jesus Christ deserves FAITH. Christ doe not fail. (Though we might not understand what he's doing)

Wheat are the FAITHFUL.
            Tares are the IMPOSTERS that look like Wheat.

You cannot excommunicate wheat.

You can excommunicate tares from the fellowship, though we are told to let them grow together, lest we disrupt the growth of the young wheat. But they were never Wheat to begin with.

Now that we've clarified a few terms for those who are completely clueless about Christian terminology, we return to the less important things in life like football and SUPPORTING our team.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
              It's not that bear, its a respect thing.. You can say we have bottom of the league talent and call us a 7-9 or 6-10 team.. But when people start making counterpoints or defending the team's talent, calling them delusional or clueless is what makes a troll.

When you start claiming that anyone that supports the team, supports mediocrity is where the problem is.

When the dialog breaks down beyond discussion of opposing views to ridiculing someone's opinion is where people generally take offense.

As I'm writing this I'm realizing that I'm probably guilty of some of those things towards Texansrock80. So on that note.. I digress and agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post

It's not that bear, its a respect thing.. You can say we have bottom of the league talent and call us a 7-9 or 6-10 team.. But when people start making counterpoints or defending the team's talent, calling them delusional or clueless is what makes a troll.

When you start claiming that anyone that supports the team, supports mediocrity is where the problem is.

When the dialog breaks down beyond discussion of opposing views to ridiculing someone's opinion is where people generally take offense.

As I'm writing this I'm realizing that I'm probably guilty of some of those things towards Texansrock80. So on that note.. I digress and agree to disagree.

I guess it boils down to one question.

Is 9-7 mediocre? Because it's **** sure getting supported.

Lets hope they surprise everyone and stun me. Go Texans.
                Brian Cushing... "The enlarged heart and soul of the defense..." Bring on the apologists...

Comment

I guess it boils down to one question.

Is 9-7 mediocre? Because it's **** sure getting supported.

Lets hope they surprise everyone and stun me. Go Texans.
                  I definitely understand the pessimism after what we've been through for years with this team, however, the defense should be just as good as last year if not better with the addition of Watt and Johnson to the mix. As far as offense, just not having Osweiler on the field makes the offense just that much better. Even Hopkins believes Savage is a better quarterback then we've seen take the field since Schaub. And once Watson is ready, definitely better. We should see a turn around in the turn over differential just based on those 2 things alone. Fairbairn should get more touch backs on kick offs then Novak did because of the bigger leg. That will lead to better field position differential for the Texans. Also, with his stronger leg, once he gets his accuracy dialed in, it could mean longer field goal attempts when needed then O'brien was willing to attempt with Novak. With Irvin being more comfortable with returning the ball, it could mean better returns and again better field position. All of this leads me to believe the Texans could improve their regular season record and finally break out of 9-7 and get at least a 10-6 record up to a12-4 record or maybe even better. I think this team will be quite a bit better then last year and it won't take much considering how terrible Brock was.
                  ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

My father used to take me to Oiler games when they played at Rice Stadium. Never got to see any championships with him while he was alive. I have a rabid fan son that is probably the only Texans fan in Kerrville. God please I want to see some success with him. This owner IMO is not doing nearly enough to improve this team since 2002. Until we see some real improvement he should never stop improving his FO. He does nothing citing " I don't want to change things". So the fans are forced to change or believe this old fool on faith. That time is over for me. Once again maybe this year but he better do something because Jacksonville and the Titans are coming on strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                      I've seen too many Easy Wins turn into hard fought struggles and even losses to take anyone for granted. I'd love to see a blowout win. It's been a while. But then I'd have to worry about getting overconfident.

All I want is 19-0. Is that too much to ask?
                      I can get behind 19-0, I just worry about how it happens..

4 FGs and a TD? or 2 TDs, a Safety and a FG?

Start the season with a 19-0 win, then finish the season with a 19-0 record

Comment

I can get behind 19-0, I just worry about how it happens..

4 FGs and a TD? or 2 TDs, a Safety and a FG?

Start the season with a 19-0 win, then finish the season with a 19-0 record
                        1 Offensive TD/w XP
                        1 Defensive TD/w XP
                        1 FG
                        1 Safety

Rinse and repeat 18 times!

Comment

I see us going 6-10 or 7-9 over the season. I just don't like our secondary at all or our offensive line. Hoping that our defensive front can pressure every play for 4 quarters is asking a lot imo. Hopkins has said every QB he has played for his good. During preseason last year he raved about Brock. Anyways, I hope that if we do go below 8-8 Bill and RS get fired. Im excited to see us take the field Sunday and ready to cheer on my boys in white! BTW completely TEXAN Fan opinion we going 19-0.

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post

So will you be willing to eat crow when these Texans prove you wrong? I predict, not only will the Texans be over 500, they will win at least 10 games. Possibly even 12. They win this game against the Jaguars handily and ride the emotion of the city then the momentum of this first win right through Cincinnati next Thursday. This Texans team, and Tom Savage, will surprise many. Tom is better then Brock on so many levels. The fact that Deandre believes in him should be enough. And even average play from Tom will be an improvement over last year. That will put the Texans at winning at least 1 more game then they did last year.
                            we shall see. It all starts on Sunday.
                            MMMM delicious crow....Hows it go down there sparky?

Comment

Working...
                            X