Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions Game 1

Here are 5 predictions I have for Game 1 vs Jacksonville:

1. Tom Savage does not throw any interceptions.
    2. Defense finishes with 4 sacks for the game (2 Watt, Clowney, Mercilus).
    3. Offense rushes over 125 yards.
    4. Foreman has at least 1 rush > 20 yards.
    5. Final score 21-7 Texans Win!

What are y'all's predictions?

1. Blake Bortles throws an interception.
    2. We kick at least 4 field goals, making 3 of them.
    3. Savage passes for less than 200 yards (not a knock on Savage, but with this oline..)
    4. We rush for less than 100 yards.
    5. 1 Offensive TD.

Texans win, 16-6.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
      1. Blake Bortles throws an interception.
      2. We kick at least 4 field goals, making 3 of them.
      3. Savage passes for less than 200 yards (not a knock on Savage, but with this oline..)
      4. We rush for less than 100 yards.
      5. 1 Offensive TD.

Texans win, 16-6.
      I'm hoping that people are underestimating our offense, and hopefully my optimism isn't just optimism.

Comment

Hopkins - 2 TD's
        Fiedo - 1 td
        Miller - 1 TD
        Foreman - One 40+yard run
        Watt - 6 sacks - 4 bottles of water - 18 million dollars- and some canned goods
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Usually, predictions are made in the weekly game thread, but ok. I'll throw mine in here....

1) Houston will win 35-10
          2) Savage will throw 2 touchdowns. 1 to Hop on a fade rout in the corner of the endzone and 1 to a tight end, either Fido or Griffin in the middle of the endzone.
          3) 2 touchdowns will be run in. 1 by Miller and the other by Foreman.
          4) The defense will score a touchdown. Either a pick six by a corner or a strip sack picked up by Watt and rumbled into the endzone.
          5) The defense will force at least 3 turnovers by Bortles. 1 for a score. The others leading to Texans scores.
          6) The Jaguars will score their 10 points in garbage time late in the 4th quarter.
          7) Last but not least, NRG will be louder then it has ever been before. Especially when JJ is introduced before the game. The noise will produce tremors measurable on the Richter scale. You will need hearing protection if you go to the game.

That's mine. Have fun and.....
          ROCK AND ROLL TEXANS!!!
          Last edited by JamTex; 2 weeks ago.
          ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
            Hopkins - 2 TD's
            Fiedo - 1 td
            Miller - 1 TD
            Foreman - One 40+yard run
            Watt - 6 sacks - 4 bottles of water - 18 million dollars- and some canned goods
            Lol. I'll take that one.

Comment

This has been such a weird preseason I don't have a clue where this team is. I know if we don't get a vertical passing game defenses will sit down on us like a lead weight. Also if we don't get pressure on QB's our backfield will get lit up. It's not how good are we but are some teams passing us up? I'll be happy this first game just to get a real good look at TS and our offense.

Comment

We will not have a turnstyle at LT.
                https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Good luck and thanks Houston for dedicating 2017 to all of the Harvey victims and survivors.
                  [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

I say they ride the wave of emotion and support with the team playing lights out on to a dominating win.

Comment

Since we have so many questions at WR, I think the offensive game plan will be much like all of last year, with a couple Savage long balls (caught or not). So if the offense continues to play like last year in the red zone--like a driver slowing down ahead of a green light in order to catch a red one--and Fairbairn chokes a key FG or two, we can lose.

But I think our defense will win it with turnovers and sacks. When asked about Bortles, Clowney said "he's an athlete, he can run" and was silent about his passing. Ha!

Comment

1. Hopkins gets a td, CJ gets a td
                        2. Boyue picks off Savage once
                        3. Bortles gets picked off 3 times
                        4. Someone besides the big 3 makes a sack
                        5. Fournette gets injured

i wanted to predict this but what are the chances that Bortles plays so bad that the jags bite and sign kap

Comment

1) Defense holds fournette to 50 yards
                          2) Secondary gets 2 picks
                          3) Savage throws 0 ints & 0 tds
                          4) L.miller has 2 rushing tds
                          5) Foreman has 1 rushing td
                          6) Kevin Johnson gets burnt for a td
                          7) JJ watt has 1 sack & 2 tfl
                          8) offensive line gets 5 holding calls
                          9) Clowney gets 3 sacks
                          10) Special teams play bad

Comment

I won't get down to specific numbers but our oline struggles to get Savage consistent time and our offensive woes in the passing game continue with almost all gains coming from short passes.
                            The running game does look good however.
                            Otoh, our defense looks very stout up front with some minor hiccups in the backfield.
                            The crowd will lift the Texans to a win that was never really in doubt after the break.

Comment

While our defense should be enough to beat the Jaguars, the performance of the combination of our QB and o-line give us signs of long afternoons ahead against better teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X