No announcement yet.

@@@ OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Jacksonville Jaguars Vs HOUSTON TEXANS!!! @@@

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @@@ OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Jacksonville Jaguars Vs HOUSTON TEXANS!!! @@@

Game 1 / Week 1

#HOUSTONSTRONG - Think this is the first Game Day Thread to start out with a hash tag lol!

I know many have had a rough time dealing with yet another Natural Disaster, but many survived and are still trying to recover, but we will stay STRONG and come out even better. All the donations from the many such as JJ Watt, Mattress Mack, and even our President Donald Trump are a blessing. All those that risked their lives, helped, donated time/money and sacrificed one way or another are a blessing.

How cool that after all we have been through we get the first game in Houston, TEXAS in our Stadium! It will be an awesome game and I know we all can't wait!!!

I had too LOL!!!

I know most of us wish we could be here, after all we are dealing with.

Sunday, September 10th, 2017 | Time: 12:00 PM CST
    TV: CBS | Houston High: 89°F | Low: 66°F

http://www.506sports.com/

Game Preview

FoxSports Preview

Flip Card not available

ESPN Expert Picks

Injury Report

!!!!!! GO TEXANS !!!!!

I'm getting too old. All I can think of is, "Is her gramma single?"
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

To all that suffered loss in the storm, may you pull through better then before. May God be with you.
      GO TEXANS!!!
      ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
        I'm getting too old. All I can think of is, "Is her gramma single?"
        Be more specific

Comment

Nice job w/ the thread as always Keener

Comment

We love your game day threads keener!

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post

Be more specific
              I've said too much already.
              https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post

i've said too much already.
                lmbo!!!

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                  We love your game day threads keener!
                  Thanks man!

It will be about another 2 to 3 weeks until my house is fixed, but at least I got TV and internet and a roof over my head. New Refrigerator should arrived Wednesday or Thursday, so been eating a lot of Sandwiches since we got a mini fridge until the big one gets here. FEMA just covered our costs barely so that's good. Guess flood insurance is a real possibility going forward.

One more day until game day!!

Comment

Texans-Jaguars Preview: Five Things To Watch

BRB
                    It’s the opening game of the season for the Texans tomorrow. Before the action kicks off tomorrow, it’s time to take stock of some of the key issues facing both teams heading into their Week One tilt.

What kind of offense will we see from the Jaguars?

Jacksonville offensive coordinator Natheniel Hackett came into the job during the middle of last season once former head coach Gus Bradley was fired. The offense went through a series of noticeable changes. Hackett worked heavily on getting the ball out of his QB’s hands and into the hands of his WRs and RBs. Specifically, players like Marqise Lee, who lined up in and out of the slot, were used often on fake jet sweeps or as receivers for quick screen passes. It was offense built to work on the fly with little to no preparation. With an entire offseason behind them, the structure of the Jags’ offense is going to be interesting to study, especially considering the talent they have at their disposal at WR and the struggles their QB has had throwing the ball downfield.

What will the full strength Texans defense look like?

Kick ***, presumably. Jokes aside, we have seen precious little of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney together at the same time to really get a grasp for what the ideal Houston defense might look like. New defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel is a complete unknown as well. How he utilizes that front seven and arranges alingnments is going to be fascinating to watch. How will the DBs tend to line up?. Under Romeo Crennel, there was a lot of off-man coverage to take away deeper passing routes in case the pass rush struggled to get to the quarterback. Watt’s return could lead to a lot more press man coverage looks.

How will Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins factor into their respective offenses?

To say that both Robinson and Hopkins struggled last season would be an understatement. Both suffered from poor QBs who couldn’t push the ball down the field to the areas where both receivers do their best work. The Texans did well to generate touches for Hopkins towards the end of the season via some shallow crossing routes and comeback routes; that allowed for potential yards after the catch. Robinson excels deeper down the field with his route running and his big 6’3” frame winning contested catches. With Blake Bortles’ struggles, how will the Jags generate touches for Robinson?

How will the Texansoffensive line hold up?

The Texans; offensive line is one of the biggest concerns heading into the season. With Duane Brown continuing his holdout, the offensive line will be under even more stress than usual. The Jags have made upgrades to their defensive line with the addition of Calais Campbell, and he may match up against the Texans’ (essentially) rookie center Nick Martin. Meanwhile, Brown’s replacement, Kendall Lamm, will presumably face off against second-year pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue, who is coming off a promising rookie campaign of his own.

Will the Texans special teams improve?

It has to happen eventually, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?

Houston’s special teams has long been a sore spot for the team, with multiple instances of the Texans giving points and excellent field position to opposing teams due to poor tackling or miscommunication. The punt and kick-off return game has struggled. Tyler Ervin is the presumed return man and will hopefully bounce back, putting the woes of last year behind him to finally help the special teams turn the corner.

Those are just some of the storylines heading into the game on Sunday, and there are plenty more worth watching out for, too. What match-up or player(s) are you most excited to see tomorrow?
                    If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

John McClain previews Texans vs. Jaguars

PREDICTIONTexans 20, Jaguars 16
                      Defenses that finished first (Texans) and sixth last season (Jaguars) keep this from being a high-scoring game. Two Ka'imi Fairbairn field goals should be the difference.

TEXANS’ THREE KEYS TO VICTORY
                      1. Unlike his predecessor, Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage must avoid throwing interceptions that give the Jaguars a short field.
                      2. Lamar Miller and D’Onta Foreman must provide a productive running game that uses the clock and helps keep the defense fresh.
                      3. J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney and the front seven have to do a good job of containing rookie running back Leonard Fournette.

JAGUARS’ THREE KEYS TO VICTORY
                      1. The offensive line has to pave the way for running back Leonard Fournette to pound the ball between the tackles.
                      2. Quarterback Blake Bortles has to complete short and intermediate passes early to gain some confidence and protect the ball.
                      3. A defense loaded with high picks and expensive free agents must stop the run and put pressure on quarterback Tom Savage.

WHEN THE JAGUARS RUN
                      They drafted Leonard Fournette because T.J. Yeldon led them in rushing last season with only 465 yards. A productive running game that can wear down a defense is important to new coach Doug Marrone. Fournette has good instincts and vision. He breaks tackles and moves the pile. The Texans’ front seven has to be disciplined in case he bounces outside. The linemen and linebackers need to hit him in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage to keep Fournette from getting downhill and picking up steam. Nose tackle D.J. Reader has to get penetration or force two linemen to block him. Inside linebackers Brian Cushing and Benardrick McKinney have to fill the gaps. Outside linebackers Jadeveon Clowney and Whitney Mercilus must set the edge.
                      EDGE Texans

WHEN THE JAGUARS PASS
                      Blake Bortles, who has lost all six starts against the Texans, is beginning what appears to be a make-or-break season under new coach Doug Marrone and new football czar Tom Coughlin. He threw 16 interceptions last season and had a 78.8 rating, both very Osweiler-esque. That won’t cut it this season. He has to improve at protecting the ball, interceptions and fumbles. He needs something positive to happen early. They don’t want to play from behind and allow J.J. Watt, Whitney Mercilus and Jadeveon Clowney to abandon the run and get after him. Expect new Texans’ defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel to test rookie left tackle Cam Robinson early and often. Expect Robinson to have to take on Clowney, Watt and Mercilus at different times.
                      EDGE Texans

WHEN THE TEXANS RUN
                      They’ve run the ball more than any team in the NFL over the last three seasons. Lamar Miller and D’Onta Foreman will share the load. Miller is quick, likes to wait for his holes to open and has the quickness to bounce outside. The coaches would like for him to break some long runs. Foreman has more power. When he gets the ball, he’s a decisive runner. He doesn’t dance waiting for a hole to open. He gets the ball, he squares his pads and goes. He can run through arm tackles, and he has the speed to get outside or onto the second level. The Jaguars were 19th against the run last season. Tackle Malik Jackson, end Calais Campbell and middle linebacker Paul Posluszny have to break down the run blocking and get to the backs.
                      EDGE Texans

WHEN THE TEXANS PASS
                      Last season, Tom Savage came off the bench to ignite a come-from-behind victory over the Jaguars, so they know what he’s capable of doing. This is his third start. He has no touchdown passes or interceptions. Don’t expect him to throw down the field much unless he gets good pass protection while being pressured by pass rushers like Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell and Dante Fowler Jr. Savage has three new starters in his offensive line and no Duane Brown. His favorite target is DeAndre Hopkins, who’ll be covered by cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye. Sometimes the Jaguars will have a safety over the top to double Hopkins. Watch Savage utilize tight ends C.J. Fiedorowicz and Ryan Griffin in the middle of the field.
                      EDGE Jaguars

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                        With Duane Brown continuing his holdout, the offensive line will be under even more stress than usual.
                        Not a fan of the holdout crap

Comment

Comment

I'm most interested generally to see whether we show up or not for the game.

I have a hard time believing the Harvey stuff hasn't been a major distraction for the majority of our players contributing their time/efforts in the community, notwithstanding their personal stuff.

Some have said they're going to try "extra hard" to win for Houston -- like they weren't trying their hardest before.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                              I'm most interested generally to see whether we show up or not for the game.

I have a hard time believing the Harvey stuff hasn't been a major distraction for the majority of our players contributing their time/efforts in the community, notwithstanding their personal stuff.
                              This. I would not be surprised at all if we just look like a huge mess tomorrow, I would give my boys a pass if that happens, just too much going on these past 2 weeks and not a good time to be going through some growing pains with the shifting around of whoever is calling plays/coordinating the defense. We really needed these last 2 weeks to work out whatever kinks were still there. This team looked so flat and terrible in the last preseason game against the Saints, even the defense looked lackadaisical even for a preseason game.

Some have said they're going to try "extra hard" to win for Houston -- like they weren't trying their hardest before.

We'll see.
                              Also it's not like the Jags have nothing to play for, they got a lot of fans back home in their home state going through hell right now

But I am so excited for tomorrow, it's finally here. I've been counting down the days to watch this team take the field again. This is the greatest time of year and there are very few things on this planet that I love as much as this football team. Lets go baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X