@@@ OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Jacksonville Jaguars Vs HOUSTON TEXANS!!! @@@

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by methos838 View Post
    Need to change Offense to West Coast or break the Run and Shoot out lol This system hasnt worked well in Houston . RS doesnt draft the right personnel IMHO ??
    I agree ! We should return to ZBS ... top offense in the league last year, (Falcons), employed zone system .... you can put an efficient unit much faster. It took them two seasons to switch .... we could have done it in last year's draft !
    "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
    Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by zyx5432 View Post
      This afternoon's press conference: "We need to coach better" "we need to get something going on offense" "our offensive line needs to play better" "defense needs to play better"
      The old BO prepared presser. He's a pro at that.

Comment

• 9 dayyym sacks.

Comment

• Watson didn't do that much better than Tom Savage. He just benefited from defensive flags.

Comment

• Horrible oline, defense can’t stop the run and just looks OK against the pass, and the “playmakers” aren’t making plays (could be oline tho).

It takes time to build a team with a dominant oline, but this should have been a priority when bill O showed up. Our best olineman was drafted in the Kubiak era...at least Kubes had enough influence to convince Rick to draft oline that matched the system. This should have been priority number one when Bill O came to town.

Also, wth happened to our pass rush???!!!!

Comment

• To bad we don't have any picks in the draft next year. This team would be able to get an o lineman. Rick would probably just draft a kicker anyway.
              sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

• Are we witnessing the David Carr-ation of Watson? No OL protection, becoming a punching bag for D-lines?

Comment

• I am gonna ask again did going to Virginia make us soft ? Or do we really suck as bad as what we watched ? Both perhaps ? We got our Butts kicked in all Phases of the game ! Im disappointed and disillusioned with this Team and its suspect Management and Ownership .

Comment

• Should we grab Weedon back so Watson doesnt get David Carred ??

Comment

• Originally posted by methos838 View Post

If we are both Honest we know their is a slim to no chance of upgrading the O-line . We should grab every vet out there and try to find some kinda chemistry . But RS isnt gonna do that so ? I dont know about you but I very very discouraged right now .
                      Agreed, I don't see any upgrade except to pay D Brown, and get manc's in for Sua filo, shuffle however you need, if that don't help, get the rookie tackle in and take your lumps

Comment

• Nobody saw that crapfest coming!

Comment

• Duane Brown just got paid after todays embarrassment and sort of looks bad on him bec we could have really used him today. Also everyone has talked about our pass rush which today it was invisible where their pass rush had 9 freaking sacks. This is evident that the players paid too much attention to the hurricane relief efforts and not the game which its hard to say that but this is their job. No 4th preseason game didn't have anyone mentally ready. THIS was not our Texans playing today you could tell they were unprepared

Comment

• Savage to me actually looked better than Watson, I really think they pulled the trigger way too soon. I don't know what you expect Savage or any other QB to do with that O-line getting completely manhandled and bowled over. Watson is going to get scarred for life and David Carr'd or RGIII'd playing in this scenario. They need to cool their jets and go back with Savage Thursday night. And they need to put aside all the political bs and break out the wallet to pay Duane Brown, not sure what everybody that wants to trade him was watching last year go back and watch the Raiders games and see how he played against DPOY Mack he's worth the money spent, I don't really care what anybody does during the national anthem I just want to see my team play better, sorry.

Comment

• Since we got blown out by the Jaguars, imagine what would've happened if we played a real team.

Comment

• Not sure why everybody was so shocked by this outcome really considering the circumstances, given what has been going on with this team I would have been shocked if they would have won today really. There was no way for anybody to predict Hurricane Harvey but I think the excursion to the Greenbrier only made everything worse with coming home to the hurricane aftermath after being out of town and away from everything for so long.

I just can't believe how flat Clowney and Mercilus played today. Cushing has been aging and JJ Watt is not superman anymore but I was surprised at how that Jags o-line dominated Mercilus and Clowney. Also the defense just seemed to be confused a lot of the time early on. They looked really soft and just were not flying around the ball like they were with Bouye and Demps last year. Also missing Wilfork big time up the middle.

Comment

Working...
                                X