No announcement yet.

@@@ OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Jacksonville Jaguars Vs HOUSTON TEXANS!!! @@@

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These QBs Hoyer mallet knew the system and stunk to. Savage knows the system so it's either The system or?

Comment

• Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post
      Savage to me actually looked better than Watson, I really think they pulled the trigger way too soon. I don't know what you expect Savage or any other QB to do with that O-line getting completely manhandled and bowled over. Watson is going to get scarred for life and David Carr'd or RGIII'd playing in this scenario. They need to cool their jets and go back with Savage Thursday night. And they need to put aside all the political bs and break out the wallet to pay Duane Brown, not sure what everybody that wants to trade him was watching last year go back and watch the Raiders games and see how he played against DPOY Mack he's worth the money spent, I don't really care what anybody does during the national anthem I just want to see my team play better, sorry.
      you said watson going to be david carr or rg3. How ironic.. you could have also said he's going to be tom savage. You know, unproven injury prone qb but thats what I expect from mediocre texans fans. .

Comment

• Originally posted by TexansWatt99 View Post
        Y'all still want to start savage just say you want to throw the season away
        Yes still want to start him, no I'm gonna say he is better QB and I think he is our best chance to win, I will say I'm impressed with Watson, his future is bright but I don't think he is ready yet

Comment

• Fire Bill and yoy fix more than half the problems. His play calling and play designs and formation are telling that anybody can see what's coming. Then making this team soft by thinking it a finesse team with a genius scheme with multiple audible options.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasHouston View Post
            you said watson going to be david carr or rg3. How ironic.. you could have also said he's going to be tom savage. You know, unproven injury prone qb but thats what I expect from mediocre texans fans. .
            This post doesn't really make any sense.

I just think we've seen this same scenario several times through history and we should learn from mistakes made in the past. I really like Watson and even though I felt like they pulled the trigger on him too soon I still marked out when he came out onto the field. Savage just looked like a better QB to me right now and on top of that I don't think it's healthy for a rookie QB to develop under these conditions.

Comment

• 0-5 or 1-4 is on the way by early October. I didn't even know that they are scheduled to play this Thursday night until I saw it promoted on TV.

The Bengals vs the Texans at Cincy, in prime time, with the Bengals coming off a loss. That's 0-2, then on to New England.

Comment

• Anyone see what a Tom Coughlin can do in one year? Anyone?

Comment

• First, prayers to everyone effected by Harvey, I wish all a fast recovery. As for this game, it was just plain ugly. We've needed a quarterback for years. That's 60% of the problem with this team. The other 40% is fixable but not until you get the first 60% fixed. I don't really care for Bill as a coach, I think he's a college level coach, not N.F.L. just my 2 cents. I'm just a paving contractor. Hope we do better next game, good luck everyone.

Comment

Even when he had time he couldn't process the offense
                    Dude all your Posts are negative . Savage played decent with no blocking . You can wave your Pom Poms at Watson because hes a mobile QB and think he did better but that was because the Jags didnt prepare for him. It didnt take long before they had him on the run throwing bad passes something Rookies do . Anyone on here who's read your Comments knows what kinda fan you are . Please pass my posts by from now on since I think your Football IQ is about 4 like Watsons jersey # lol No really pass me by please ....

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasHouston View Post

It's not a debate anymore. Watson is the starter now. Theres a chance we would have won if he started the game but bob brings him into the game second half down 19 to save him lol. You guys are bad at hyping up back up qbs and than they fail. You use the coach, gm, line, Injuries and other excuses to dismiss there performance. Bob knew he couldn't keep savage in because he holds the ball too long. Imagine savage starting against the bengals elite defensive line. I'm happy watson is the starter now because he will lead us to the playoffs. What good is being in a system for 4 years or being praised in practice if you can't adapt on the field. Better qb is watson. You can support him or not but real texans fans could careless because he's the best qb on roster. Get off the savage bandwagon, he's a backup now.
                      Why is this post directed to me? I didn't say one positive thing about Tom Savage in this thread. All negative. I just acknowledged the fact that DeShaun Watson didn't do well either.
                      Last edited by Gumby; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post

This post doesn't really make any sense.

I just think we've seen this same scenario several times through history and we should learn from mistakes made in the past. I really like Watson and even though I felt like they pulled the trigger on him too soon I still marked out when he came out onto the field. Savage just looked like a better QB to me right now and on top of that I don't think it's healthy for a rookie QB to develop under these conditions.
                        I disagree. This team should have been 11-5 last season beating Tennessee and Oakland. We're still a sb caliber team even though our defense played poorly. Pulled the trigger on savage too soon? Let's get this out of the way. Savage was named the starter because we have a rookie qb. He hasn't accomplished anything in the 4 seasons of his NFL career and our rookie has already passed him in td passes. This is the nfl man, you can't play too conservative and the only thing that matters is winning. We drafted watson to win, not to sit on the bench and watch savage get sacked. We're not going to make the playoffs with savage. You go with the best which is watson even if he's a rookie. It gives him learning experience for next season and a chance to make the playoffs. I said watson would be the starter by week 3 but savage is so bad they pulled him out after 2 halves because he can't score. It's not all on the offensive line. Duane brown missed some games last season and Brock still won some of them. It's important to get off to a good start and savage simply couldn't do that. Like it or not Deshaun is the starter and come mid season you will see why.

Comment

• Originally posted by methos838 View Post

Dude all your Posts are negative . Savage played decent with no blocking . You can wave your Pom Poms at Watson because hes a mobile QB and think he did better but that was because the Jags didnt prepare for him. It didnt take long before they had him on the run throwing bad passes something Rookies do . Anyone on here who's read your Comments knows what kinda fan you are . Please pass my posts by from now on since I think your Football IQ is about 4 like Watsons jersey # lol No really pass me by please ....
                          If you think Tom savage is an starting QB in the NFL your football IQ is 3 since u want to go jersey numbers if you have watched Tom savage he is nothing special a 4th rounder that bounced around colleges when he didn't play well or got his spot taken. But hey y'all can live in denial all y'all want. It's bad when the other team is telling you who should be the starter ...

Comment

• So I stopped watching any NFL content after they just refused to stop injecting political stuff into it. Thought I'd come back on here and see how the Texans did in their opener just for old-times sake. Same old story with the Texans. Names and faces may change, but that's about it. If the JAGS can beat up on them like that what does it say about their chances for the rest of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakedaniel View Post
                              So I stopped watching any NFL content after they just refused to stop injecting political stuff into it. Thought I'd come back on here and see how the Texans did in their opener just for old-times sake. Same old story with the Texans. Names and faces may change, but that's about it. If the JAGS can beat up on them like that what does it say about their chances for the rest of the season?
                              Unfortunately it may say something about the future beyond this season. The Texans window of opportunity has been opening for the last few years due to the fact that the AFC South is not only one of the weakest divisions in the NFL, but it has been historically weak. If the laughing stock, the door mat of the AFC South, the Jaguars can come into our house, with the fans as fired up as I've ever seen for an opener and embarrass us, I'm afraid the window is now starting to close. I'm afraid we may be headed for another collapse, which in the long run may be better than winning the AFC South by default, being embarrassed in the playoffs again and hanging another banner and acting like we're fine because we're better than Cleveland... and of course extending Rick and Bill's contracts.

Comment

These QBs Hoyer mallet knew the system and stunk to. Savage knows the system so it's either The system or?
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X