Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 1 - V Jags

Whelp, what a stinker.
    Texans were hopelessly outplayed in the first half on both sides of the ball.
    Our oline is clearly not up to scratch but with Watson in, they didn't look as bad - but 10 sacks? That's ridiculous.
    Second half Watson came out and sparked the offense but Jags defense was good enough to limit the Texans to one score.
    This game was the complete opposite of recent past seasons where Texans got the turnovers and the sacks.
    You have to give kudos to the Jags defense as they played as well as we expected them to at the start of last season and they will trouble many teams this season.
    Texans never threatened the result at any point.
    Thursday night won't be very attractive either with so many injury concerns.
    FO needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat but I don't see how.
    Disappointing to say the least.

Just think how bad it would have been had the Jags not been worried about Hurricane Irma. OBrien sucks

Comment

Worst performance I can remember from Houston team. All on O'Brien and Smith. Smith is a poor GM and O'Brien can't coach worth a dime. And he's a terrible OC to boot. How in the world did this guy get a reputation as a QB Whisperer/Offensive Guru? Utterly embarrassing. Is there any hope? Not based on what was on the field today. Looked like a HS club.

Comment

Looks like we might need Andre Johnson, for more than just a one day contract.
        sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

Time for Rick to go hunting among the other teams' PS's - shopping list will include at least one TE and possibly a WR.
          He could also swallow his pride help out the oline straight away by paying Brown.
          Here a list of all 32 teams PS's.
          This is a list of the FA's available.
          Who'da thought we would be reduced to this so early in the season...

Comment

These boys had a lot going on these last couple of weeks, I'll give them a pass for today. Seemed like Reliant stadium was kind of dead too, also a lot of empty seats? Wasn't really the atmosphere I was expecting, that opening with the eagle and the anthem was awesome though, Watt's entrance was epic. I couldn't believe how quickly the fans turned on Savage and started booing the guy, come on man, the same folks leaving the game early too.

Comment

Originally posted by kemahkeith View Post
              Looks like we might need Andre Johnson, for more than just a one day contract.
              Please Andre give us 1 more year.

Comment

Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post
                These boys had a lot going on these last couple of weeks, I'll give them a pass for today. Seemed like Reliant stadium was kind of dead too, also a lot of empty seats? Wasn't really the atmosphere I was expecting, that opening with the eagle and the anthem was awesome though, Watt's entrance was epic. I couldn't believe how quickly the fans turned on Savage and started booing the guy, come on man, the same folks leaving the game early too.
                What do you mean "the same folks leaving early too"?

Comment

BOB talked about and reiterated the fact that the offense didn't play "up-tempo or fast enough" to his liking today, but I really don't think that ever is and has been a problem. That's always his cop out solution to when the offense sputters. Our offense has had and still has zero explosiveness, which is part of the problem. The offensive line was beyond bad and I don't think either qb was well set up for success as a result.

Comment

I have a hard time buying the, they were distracted excuse. Jacksonville has a hurricane bearing down on them right now, and probably can't even fly home. We got *****slapped at home. We got punked by the front office. Worst part is as sad as this season may end up being. We don't even have any high draft pick options next year to get better. Time to clean house. Coach, GM, and all the garbage they brought in to provide kindling for the dumpster fire that is this year's team.
                    sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

One game does not make a season, but boy did they lay an egg today. The whole team looked awful. 33 total yards of offense at half time? I'd bet the Katy Tigers varsity team could have done at least that well. Needless to say, I did not expect this type of performance in their home opener.

The one thing the Texans have been consistent at is being inconsistent. Up one week and down the next. They've also been notoriously bad in prime time, nationally televised games. That said, I'm not holding out much hope for them to win their road game against the Bengals on Thursday night. An 0-2 start to the 2017 season looks very likely.

Ken Wilson
                      Cypress, TX

Comment

Originally posted by *R.U.N.V.S.* View Post
                        One game does not make a season, but boy did they lay an egg today. The whole team looked awful. 33 total yards of offense at half time? I'd bet the Katy Tigers varsity team could have done at least that well. Needless to say, I did not expect this type of performance in their home opener.

The one thing the Texans have been consistent at is being inconsistent. Up one week and down the next. They've also been notoriously bad in prime time, nationally televised games. That said, I'm not holding out much hope for them to win their road game against the Bengals on Thursday night. An 0-2 start to the 2017 season looks very likely.
                        0-2 start is doubtful. Our new starting qb shows up in big moments and doesn't start the game off slow. We'll be straight come thursday. Im ashamed that bob put deshaun in at the 2nd half down 19 expecting a miracle. Lesson learned you start the best qb

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                          Whelp, what a stinker.
                          Texans were hopelessly outplayed in the first half on both sides of the ball.
                          Our oline is clearly not up to scratch but with Watson in, they didn't look as bad - but 10 sacks? That's ridiculous.
                          Second half Watson came out and sparked the offense but Jags defense was good enough to limit the Texans to one score.
                          This game was the complete opposite of recent past seasons where Texans got the turnovers and the sacks.
                          You have to give kudos to the Jags defense as they played as well as we expected them to at the start of last season and they will trouble many teams this season.
                          Texans never threatened the result at any point.
                          Thursday night won't be very attractive either with so many injury concerns.
                          FO needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat but I don't see how.
                          Disappointing to say the least.

Our OL has to be the worst in the NFL, Only saving grace was at Center.

Comment

So sad. After that Watson touchdown and when the Jags answered back I said well guess I'll go into work a little early... 😐

Comment

games are won in the trenches and unfortunately the only solid piece we have on the Oline is Martin. Trade Duane Brown for an Olineman or a pick...what an embarrassing showing and will only be uglier on Thursday with both TE's and Cushing under concussion protocol...doubt there is any way they pass the protocol in 4 days

Comment

Working...
                              X