Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1 - V Jags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'd say the entire team from what I saw, was a failure today. Can't put it all on Savage when the O-line was completely pathetic. Defense looked pretty flat as well. Hopkins was not looking like he deserved a 10th of his money. JJ even didn't show much spark. Jax had a pretty good defense last year and it apparently improved to this year. They were stout!! Takeaway for this game is, it's a short week first off; better get over it. Second, I'm not going to put it all on this first game because it has been a stressful 2 weeks, but a spark needs to happen by Thurs. and fixes, or this team could be in trouble. This division is no longer HOU and IND. The way the others performed today as well makes this division wide open. All I can say is, pick it up, get ready for Thurs., and fix it!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kemahkeith View Post
      I have a hard time buying the, they were distracted excuse. Jacksonville has a hurricane bearing down on them right now, and probably can't even fly home. .
      Not even close to comparable, Jags didn't have their final preseason game cancelled nowhere to practice, schedule jacked up, and those Jags players were not out in the streets dealing with hurricane aftermath. This team had a lot going on other than football going into this game.

      For the fans to boo this team in this game just seemed wrong to me. I didn't like it. These guys had a lot going on these last couple of weeks and everything was screwed up in their city, they been out helping people and raising money and we're booing them in the 2nd quarter and leaving the game early. I don't like it, don't care if anybody here doesn't like the fact that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it, booing the boys only makes things worse, show more support especially for a game with circumstances surrounding it like this. I think they deserve a pass here.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post

        Not even close to comparable, Jags didn't have their final preseason game cancelled nowhere to practice, schedule jacked up, and those Jags players were not out in the streets dealing with hurricane aftermath. This team had a lot going on other than football going into this game.

        For the fans to boo this team in this game just seemed wrong to me. I didn't like it. These guys had a lot going on these last couple of weeks and everything was screwed up in their city, they been out helping people and raising money and we're booing them in the 2nd quarter and leaving the game early. I don't like it, don't care if anybody here doesn't like the fact that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it, booing the boys only makes things worse, show more support especially for a game with circumstances surrounding it like this. I think they deserve a pass here.
        Very fair comment.

        Comment


        • #19


          10 sacks.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post

            Not even close to comparable, Jags didn't have their final preseason game cancelled nowhere to practice, schedule jacked up, and those Jags players were not out in the streets dealing with hurricane aftermath. This team had a lot going on other than football going into this game.

            For the fans to boo this team in this game just seemed wrong to me. I didn't like it. These guys had a lot going on these last couple of weeks and everything was screwed up in their city, they been out helping people and raising money and we're booing them in the 2nd quarter and leaving the game early. I don't like it, don't care if anybody here doesn't like the fact that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it, booing the boys only makes things worse, show more support especially for a game with circumstances surrounding it like this. I think they deserve a pass here.


            Give me a freaking break.

            Just a bunch of excuses.

            Nobody in this entire organization is accountable for anything. ever.

            Even the fans get in on the act.
            Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post



              Give me a freaking break.

              Just a bunch of excuses.

              Nobody in this entire organization is accountable for anything. ever.

              Even the fans get in on the act.

              Comment


              • #22
                In the first half the defense actually played solid. It was 6-0 before Savage's fumble late in the 2nd quarter. The offense on the other hand was by far the worst performance I've ever seen. The FO needs their butts kicked for not making a strong investment in that offensive line. They also needs to fire Bill O'Brien asap because this he just don't what he's doing. His offense continues to regress.
                Last edited by Texanballer; 1 week ago.
                sigpic

                Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Rick Smith should have been fired two years ago. Total failure. He has no concept on how to construct a team. Time to address the CAUSE of this failure and fire him asap. OB is a SYMPTOM of this cause. Replace Smith first and let the new GM make the coaching changes as he sees fit. Casserly was only given half the chance this clown has unfairly received.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
                    Rick Smith should have been fired two years ago. Total failure. He has no concept on how to construct a team. Time to address the CAUSE of this failure and fire him asap. OB is a SYMPTOM of this cause. Replace Smith first and let the new GM make the coaching changes as he sees fit. Casserly was only given half the chance this clown has unfairly received.
                    I agree ! Do you think he has the final say on personnel ?
                    "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                    Voltaire

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MossPoint View Post
                      Worst performance I can remember from Houston team. All on O'Brien and Smith. Smith is a poor GM and O'Brien can't coach worth a dime. And he's a terrible OC to boot. How in the world did this guy get a reputation as a QB Whisperer/Offensive Guru? Utterly embarrassing. Is there any hope? Not based on what was on the field today. Looked like a HS club.
                      I think they need to get him OB back to HC, get a good coordinator in geared toward Watson's game play, and get a new gm that can get some talent in Houston without breaking the bank on washed up vets that had one good year in there past

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
                        Rick Smith should have been fired two years ago. Total failure. He has no concept on how to construct a team. Time to address the CAUSE of this failure and fire him asap. OB is a SYMPTOM of this cause. Replace Smith first and let the new GM make the coaching changes as he sees fit. Casserly was only given half the chance this clown has unfairly received.


                        He actually should've been fired when Kubiak got the boot.
                        sigpic

                        Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X