Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2...Start Over...Cincinnati Bengals!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 2...Start Over...Cincinnati Bengals!

On Thursday, September 14th at 7:25pm, the Texans will travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. The Game will be aired nationally on the NFL Network and locally in Houston on ABC 13.
    It's hard to say what will happen. Who will start at quarterback? Savage or Watson? Who ever starts will have to move around and stay away from the line. The O-line was absolutely horrible against the Jaguars, allowing 10 sacks and 4 forced fumbles! That's completely unacceptable.
    The Bengals, however, didn't do any better against the Ravens. Dalton threw 4 interceptions and they fumbled the ball once. These 2 teams will be going into this game on equal ground.
    If O'brien starts Watson, I think we all feel better about the chances of the Texans beating the Bengals. If Savage starts, He'll get beat up again standing in the non-existent pocket like a statue instead of moving around.
    After watching that debacle against the Jaguars, it's hard, but I'm going to predict a win in a very hard fought, low scoring game.
    Texans 13
    Bengals 10
    Last edited by JamTex; 1 week ago.
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Got to start Watson cant go back now like in 2015

Comment

Well, some teams that were expected to shine this week, got it handed to them as well. Patriots were owned by KC, Cardinals, and us were pretty flat. I could possibly chalk this loss up to a busy, stressful 2 weeks for everyone. The worse by far for this complete breakdown was the O-line, VERY PATHETIC!! Short week and I'm not ready to push the panic button. JAX had a decent defense last year and it was stout today. Division now is WIDE OPEN and it's certainly no longer HOU and IND. Put this behind, move on and learn from it.

Comment

I really hope there were just too many distractions due to Harvey, and maybe they were wound too tight wanting to show Houston "They had our back" and just blew it. If Sunday was truly the team we have we are in for long season. Oh well at least we will have high draft choices in the 1st and 2nd round. Oh wait.

Comment

Pulling for our guys to get it together by Thursday, but expecting a repeat performance.

1) CJ Fiedorowicz enters concussion protocol days after being cleared from concussion protocol.. May have a longer absence.
          2) Ellington, Cush, Anderson and Griffin enter concussion protocol and may not be available.
          2.A) With these guys out do we look for Prosch to kick out to TE in some of our Single Back sets or Shotgun Sets?

Here's what I think we need to do to pull off the upset..

Get creative with the read option maybe show them a triple read option once or twice -- We saw a lot of vanilla read option week 1 and our RBs really benefited from it.
          Screens -- I understand you don't want to dial up a screen when they're playing man coverage and not blitzing often, but a few screens will keep a blitzing defense honest.
          WRs have to catch the catchable ones.

Our Defense has a lot on their plate with John Ross' speed, Green's catching radius, Eifert matches up well against our LBers, and Mixon / Hill are talented out of the back field and Bernard is a problem in the flats. But if we can hit Dalton the way the Ravens did and our Front 7 comes out looking to make a statement, this game is winable.

LETS GO TEXANS.

Comment

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
            Texans coach Bill O'Brien says 5 players diagnosed with concussions, including all 3 TEs. Short turnaround with a Thursday night game.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
            One complicating issue for the #Texans & their QB choice: Source says Deshaun Watson was spotted limping with an ankle injury. Short week.

1st round pick Deshaun Watson has impressed the #Texans at every checkpoint. They think hes a future star. The future may be right now.

At this point, the expectation is that the #Texans stick with rookie Deshaun Watson vs. the #Bengals. Still evaluating, but tough to go back
            News straight from the GM.

John McClain‏ @McClain_on_NFL
            Texans injury report may include a lot of players questionable cause of hurt feelings.

Comment

Holy crap, I gotta make another game day thread soon.

And I don't know I think I like our chances with Watson, dude is young and can move, make plays if nothing is there.

Comment

The game is fast approaching. These Texans had better put up a much better showing against the Bengals then they did against the Jaguars. Its hard to see how though, considering all of the injuries and how many starters will be out in this game. Like tight end. All 3 of the teams tight ends were hurt in the Jaguars game. How will O'brien compensate for that? This will be a real test for his coaching abilities. He had better pull out all the stops and have quite a few smoke and mirror plays ready to go. It's going to be a tough game after only 4 days. 7 starters were injured and Watson has a minor ankle injury. Savage had better rebound and that offensive line had better be much better. We'll see in 2 more days.
                ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Can the next thread be a clean house thread?

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                    The game is fast approaching. These Texans had better put up a much better showing against the Bengals then they did against the Jaguars. Its hard to see how though, considering all of the injuries and how many starters will be out in this game. Like tight end. All 3 of the teams tight ends were hurt in the Jaguars game. How will O'brien compensate for that? This will be a real test for his coaching abilities. He had better pull out all the stops and have quite a few smoke and mirror plays ready to go. It's going to be a tough game after only 4 days. 7 starters were injured and Watson has a minor ankle injury. Savage had better rebound and that offensive line had better be much better. We'll see in 2 more days.
                    It's not unheard of to move your FB into the TE slot on single back / shotgun sets.

Comment

Working...
                    X