Here's What To Expect Going Forward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's What To Expect Going Forward

This team is really really bad, and there's no fixing it, and we need to except that. It looks as though nobody's heart is really in it, and that includes BOB. He just gives off a vibe like he's sick and tired of coaching this team and dealing with the same problems and answering the same questions week after week. As much as I love and respect JJ, I get the feeling that football is no longer a top priority in his life, and that building his brand and preparing for a life in Hollywood is more important. Our offensive line is beyond repair, and we really only have one option at receiver. JD Clowney looks great at times, but for the most part has been a non-factor. The running game is pretty non-existent and our tight ends have always been awful. So here what's going to happen...they WILL start 0-5 and pretty much pack it in for the rest of the season, BOB will be fired at some point and the rebuilding will start once again. It's time to stop trying to be optimistic and realize what they are..a REALLY bad team that will win no more than three or four games. This is 2013 all over again, deal with it.

Changes needed:
    1) Fix Oline as much as possible. Watson can do really well behind a strong line
    2) Get a more offensive minded head coach, maybe a new offensive coordinator at least
    3) Pick up another big sized WR

Comment

I'm not gonna call it a season on one game. Im pretty depressed about our outlook, but the best part of the last 2 seasons came after I had all but given up hope on us doing anything: the blow out to Miami and losing Foster, the blowout to the pats and losing JJ

that said, im really getting tired of this and I think it was a mistake to not get an offensive coordinator at least. OB taking over the job really feels like an all or nothing move.

the fact is the jags came out swinging, and we weren't ready. Our D should have easily handled their offense and they didn't- easily the most upsetting thing to me, regardless of how the offense played. They wanted the win more, they fought harder (decimated our receiving crew with injuries, im surprised they didn't get a penalty on that one head to head shot on our TE), they planned better. Let's hope we can scrape together something for next week so we don't get caught with our pants down again. At least Strong comes back next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JTexan View Post
        This team is really really bad, and there's no fixing it, and we need to except that. It looks as though nobody's heart is really in it, and that includes BOB. He just gives off a vibe like he's sick and tired of coaching this team and dealing with the same problems and answering the same questions week after week. As much as I love and respect JJ, I get the feeling that football is no longer a top priority in his life, and that building his brand and preparing for a life in Hollywood is more important. Our offensive line is beyond repair, and we really only have one option at receiver. JD Clowney looks great at times, but for the most part has been a non-factor. The running game is pretty non-existent and our tight ends have always been awful. So here what's going to happen...they WILL start 0-5 and pretty much pack it in for the rest of the season, BOB will be fired at some point and the rebuilding will start once again. It's time to stop trying to be optimistic and realize what they are..a REALLY bad team that will win no more than three or four games. This is 2013 all over again, deal with it.

difference between 2013 and this year is........ The worse we do the better the Browns get next draft..
        Rick Smith made a mistake in getting Oswieler, made a worse mistake, in mortgaging the future to dump him. Made an even worse mistake by not addressing the glaring need that we have NO offensive line other than Martin at center.
        Ricky, don't you dare cave in to Brown. Trade him and recoup some of the picks you handed to the Browns. Sadly as bad as this season is setting up to be, there is no relief next year, unless the money truck backs up and starts making it rain all over FREE AGENTS.
        sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

Braxton Miller is raw. He's not ready yet, and this coaching staff is not equipped to utilize his skill set. BOB is not the guy who is going to build us a winning football team, neither is Rick Smith and I think both should be gone after this season. Rick should've been gone long ago actually. Although I wanted to see Deshaun early we're playing a really dangerous game throwing him in behind no o-line and BOB better not go back and throw Savage back in. I'm worried about our defense under Vrabel and the fact that they were able to just run the ball at will. With all the picks and attention we've put on our defense, we should shut those guys down. Again our O line is awful and not picking until the 3rd round next year doesn't do us much good. It's been one game, but we've gotta be better up front and more moving pockets/quick reads for Deshaun. Just pick and pop and use the draw play to set those up.

Comment

This team is soft. 5 concussions? We should be giving concussions, not receiving them.

Comment

The Texans should put Romeo Crennel back as Defensive Coordinator and take the responsibility away from O'brien with the offense. You can see a big difference in the defense. Not saying Vrabel is bad but Romeo is the expert. O'brien's office is very boring. Maybe due to the offensive line but him and Rick Smith picked those players. Fire Rick Smith, if things continue like this and we have a bad season we're not picking until the third round, how bad can a GM be without getting fired. This is his offensive line and still only one quality wide reciever, and he is overated by far. Bob McNair needs to quit being a nice guy. As the saying goes "Nice guys finish last". Kubiak and Schaub are looking good at this point!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog87 View Post
                This team is soft. 5 concussions? We should be giving concussions, not receiving them.
                Might not have been 5 if the Refs had thrown a flag on the first couple.. Griffen and Cushing were unavoidable.. Griffin being flipped and Cush sticking his head into the RBs whole on goal line go kneed by the lead blocker. CJ was absolutely a high hit, helmet to helmet, defender launched himself.. Anderson / Ellington were both similar and may have been prevented if the ref throws his flag on the CJ hit...

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog87 View Post
                  WOW this is just plain dumb. Concussions don't happen because someone is "soft". SMH

Comment

Originally posted by taboo View Post
                    I'm not gonna call it a season on one game. Im pretty depressed about our outlook, but the best part of the last 2 seasons came after I had all but given up hope on us doing anything: the blow out to Miami and losing Foster, the blowout to the pats and losing JJ

that said, im really getting tired of this and I think it was a mistake to not get an offensive coordinator at least. OB taking over the job really feels like an all or nothing move.

the fact is the jags came out swinging, and we weren't ready. Our D should have easily handled their offense and they didn't- easily the most upsetting thing to me, regardless of how the offense played. They wanted the win more, they fought harder (decimated our receiving crew with injuries, im surprised they didn't get a penalty on that one head to head shot on our TE), they planned better. Let's hope we can scrape together something for next week so we don't get caught with our pants down again. At least Strong comes back next week.
                    I'm with you - not ready to call it a season after one game.
                    The team looked jaded, probably from dealing with friends and family hurting from the floods.
                    Their prep was not favorable either. One more preseason game could have helped.
                    Having said that, it could take this team another couple games to get straightened out and up to speed. They have always been slow starters and that annoys the hell out of me.
                    We need Weedon back here and another genuine threat opposite Nuk, which is why I was pumping for Boldin.
                    I think the line can be okay with DB back and putting Mancz back at Center. Nick Martin can replace XSF.

Comment

Throw a bunch of money at Kevin Gilbride, and beg him to come out of retirement.

Comment

They might be a 5 win team at this point.

If they cant upset the bengals they will be looking at an 0-5 start....
                        Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

You have to give our rookie a shot. He's not tom savage or brock osweiler. Just because we have a bad offensive line and people overhyped savage like he's the 2nd coming doesn't mean the rest of the team will be bad this season. I have us going 10-6 and I'm curious why ob let foreman run 1 play. Yes we need weeden back so he can backup deshaun after we trade savage for a draft pick. It's not the time to panic just yet

Comment

Texans will dig in and show some grit. Likely won't be elegant or exciting football, but they will find ways to compete and hopefully win some games. Expect more of the same out of the offense, unless DW starts and the o-line protects him. He's actually dynamic and is accustomed to winning.

Comment

Whatever
                              Last edited by Bulldog87; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X