Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people want Smith gone and not BOB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people want Smith gone and not BOB?

Seems like in every topic where people complain about the team, people call for Smith's firing. Yeah, he's not perfect, but didn't he give us Deandre Hopkins, Watt, Clowney, Foster, Bouye, Joseph (yeah, he's over the hill, but he was great for a while), Benardrick McKinney, Mercilus, Lamar Miller, as well as young talent at WR and QB?

What has BOB done? He has arguably the most talented Texans team and we were thought to be one QB away from greatness, but he hasn't done ANYTHING considering how poor the division was. Now, those early draft picks that the Jags had all of these years may finally be adding up (it's only one game and a lot of home teams lost their openers), and now the Texans might have to actually fight for the division.

How did he even get a fourth season? Up until Kubiak's final season (full of extremely predictable play-calling), he was much better than BOB has been.
    Not changing this sig until the Texans can rush the shotgun. -- Started 10/15/12

Pretty sure most would not complain if both hit the road...
    Houston Texans...Squandering JJs talent for another year with bad QB play...

Comment

Originally posted by cam713 View Post
      Seems like in every topic where people complain about the team, people call for Smith's firing. Yeah, he's not perfect, but didn't he give us Deandre Hopkins, Watt, Clowney, Foster, Bouye, Joseph (yeah, he's over the hill, but he was great for a while), Benardrick McKinney, Mercilus, Lamar Miller, as well as young talent at WR and QB?

What has BOB done? He has arguably the most talented Texans team and we were thought to be one QB away from greatness, but he hasn't done ANYTHING considering how poor the division was. Now, those early draft picks that the Jags had all of these years may finally be adding up (it's only one game and a lot of home teams lost their openers), and now the Texans might have to actually fight for the division.

How did he even get a fourth season? Up until Kubiak's final season (full of extremely predictable play-calling), he was much better than BOB has been.
      RS has had more misses then hits and he has handicapped us for the future. No 1st or 2nd round pick in 2018.

Comment

I dont know.. I think about his first 3 seasons here and how he was able to go 9-7 with so many different QBs that underachieved on every other team they've been on. The upset at cincy, beating indy in indy, etc.. I can tell you that I like what he brings to the table as a head coach, but it's starting to feel like we'll never see his offense come to fruition.

Can we blame the playcall / scheme with this poorly built offensive roster?

My $.02 -- If McNair is going to make changes, I'd like him to learn from past mistakes.. Don't fire your GM and let your coach pick the GM the way you did with Kubiak and Smith. Don't fire your coach, but retain the GM that built the roster.

Comment

No one can say for certain but IMO BOB at times appear to be gone already.. At this point it would be healthier if they both went away and we started over. This whole QB quagmire reeks of interference from above and if true that's an even bigger issue down the road no matter if they both go.
          I.R.H.T.W.I.T.L.

Comment

Originally posted by cam713 View Post
            What has BOB done? He has arguably the most talented Texans team...
            Might want to check our starting OTs and OGs and retake that take... Those 4 would rank right at the bottom of the league right now.

No QB absent a true franchise guy can succeed with that dreck between him and the opposition.

But it doesn't matter.

Rick stays.

O'Brien leaves.

And I envy O'Brien, because he gets to walk away from this organization while we are stuck here with it.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Might want to check our starting OTs and OGs and retake that take... Those 4 would rank right at the bottom of the league right now.

No QB absent a true franchise guy can succeed with that dreck between him and the opposition.

But it doesn't matter.

Rick stays.

O'Brien leaves.

And I envy O'Brien, because he gets to walk away from this organization while we are stuck here with it.
              I have never really been a RS fan . OB won me over with what he did the last 3 season with second , and third level players ! I choose keeping OB if I had a choice , otherwise just think what Lovie Smith will do to this Team ? Makes me queasy to think about ...

Comment

I they fire OB then Smith should at least be stripped from his influence with the day to day team operations because this will be his what third coach.

Comment

I never really had much of an opinion on Rick, normally i dont pay much attention to that side of things. I wouldnt really mind if we got in someone new in that area

OB has said a few things over years that kind of raised a few red flags, but I tried to ignore them because we had a winning record despite our offense being the same old constipated mess. But now, the past game really felt like he was in a kind of panic mode, and unprepared. I don't like running with Watson, simply because he's unprepared as possible. The situation just keeps reminding me of OB moves in the past "Both guys can play" and when asked how to jumpstart the offense "you tell me". these are not things i want to hear from my head coach who is also the offensive coordinator

Comment

Rick and OB should both go. It's kind of getting lame everyone on here just dogging Rick and not placing any blame on OB. Our defense has been pretty solid for a while now. Our offense has been trash ever since OB got here and that was suppose to be his bread and butter. OB has been successful with Brady, and that's really it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post
                      Rick and OB should both go. It's kind of getting lame everyone on here just dogging Rick and not placing any blame on OB. Our defense has been pretty solid for a while now. Our offense has been trash ever since OB got here and that was suppose to be his bread and butter. OB has been successful with Brady, and that's really it.
                      Can't get no more correct than this right here. OB offense is terrible. I never wanted him hired in the first place. He is not an offensive genius by any means.The defense is what got us those wins not the offense.If we had a decent O and a QB we probably have at least a Superbowl appearance. OB is just like Gary Kubiak in the fact that they don't prepare their players well enough for the game, and they are both bad at adjustments during the game. I would love to see Smith gone, but he is family to the McNair's and I doubt he ever goes anywhere. The only way he is not the GM is if he moves up to an even higher position and there's only 1 or 2 spots above him.

I just hope he doesn't ruin Deshuan. Going with Deshaun now and pulling him next game or 2 or 3 games in the future will be idiotic. And I'm scared OB will do that.

Comment

Smith is a joke. This team is regressing. The QB issue has gone on for years, largely unaddressed. The OL, well just look at it. It seems to me that the players don't seem to fit together well at any position. There is no plan at any position to field that position with a desired scheme in mind. For example, if you want to be a smash mouth running team then look at the Cowboys as a model. They built that line over a period of several drafts. We go for best player available which it very seldom is. You don't fill a cavity in a tooth if you need a root canal.

Comment

Smith should go, but won't. Isn't he one of the owner's Godfathers?

BO'B shouldn't be offensive coordinator. That's not working. Maybe even the offensive scheme is too tough for most teams (including the Texans) to master, as well.

Comment

O'Brien was fortunate to hitch his wagon to that Brady guy. The Texans defense is a product of RC. The offense is a product of O'Brien, case closed on him
                            Now to Rick. He sold the Texans soul for Arsewiper, sold us further down the river to dump him. when the O-Line is the 2nd largest position of need other than QB, and you go and draft a bad tackling line backer, a running back, then a project lineman, you loose my faith.

Stick Elway, Montana, Marino, or Brady behind this line and NONE of them get into the hall of fame, they get an injury settlement.

So the verdict is in, they both need to go, take our beatings for the foreseeable future, and go the route of the Astros. It's kind of a shame that all of the talent on the defensive side of the ball, they will be retired or on other teams by the time the offense catches up with them.

Does not make my rooting for this team in any way waver. I'm just frustrated that most on this board could read the tea leaves, and the people paid millions seem to be blind to the state of things.
                            sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by kemahkeith View Post
                              O'Brien was fortunate to hitch his wagon to that Brady guy. The Texans defense is a product of RC. The offense is a product of O'Brien, case closed on him
                              Now to Rick. He sold the Texans soul for Arsewiper, sold us further down the river to dump him. when the O-Line is the 2nd largest position of need other than QB, and you go and draft a bad tackling line backer, a running back, then a project lineman, you loose my faith.

Stick Elway, Montana, Marino, or Brady behind this line and NONE of them get into the hall of fame, they get an injury settlement.

So the verdict is in, they both need to go, take our beatings for the foreseeable future, and go the route of the Astros. It's kind of a shame that all of the talent on the defensive side of the ball, they will be retired or on other teams by the time the offense catches up with them.

Does not make my rooting for this team in any way waver. I'm just frustrated that most on this board could read the tea leaves, and the people paid millions seem to be blind to the state of things.
                              Couldn't agree more. Prices on everything are constantly raised but this team has never done anything. Total image failure unless one is proud of getting wiped out in big games. Nobody has to go north of Conroe to be in Cowboy country. I live outside San Antonio and NOBODY cares about this team. People can hate the Cowboys but at least they have an owner-GM that stops at NOTHING to please his fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X