Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people want Smith gone and not BOB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the reason why I want Rick Smith GONE. We were picking at the top of every round in 2014 and we didn't take a QB until round 4 (savage). This team missed out on Bridgewater, Carr, Jimmy G, and took Xavier Su'a-Filo over those three guys. Yes I am well aware that Bridgewater was taken 1 pick before we picked but that meant we could have moved up to get him. Moving 5 spots is alot cheaper then moving from 25 to 12. the Oakland Raiders had the perfect draft that I wanted on that day. I wanted the Texans to shock the world like they did in 2006 and take Kalil Mack a pass rusher from a no name school that will never be as good as Clowney. (WRONG) evidence was his game tape against Ohio State when he was showing up in the stats. Derek Carr was my QB just because how fiery his personality was and how good of a ball he would throw. Since that draft I wanted Rick Smith gone. When you pick first in every round you have to get it right and we have a hot/cold pass rusher and a backup guard to show for it. I am still not on the Will Fuller train as someone this team needed. Kevin Johnson seems like a good kid but I have not seen anything to warrant a 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post

Couldn't agree more. Prices on everything are constantly raised but this team has never done anything. Total image failure unless one is proud of getting wiped out in big games. Nobody has to go north of Conroe to be in Cowboy country. I live outside San Antonio and NOBODY cares about this team. People can hate the Cowboys but at least they have an owner-GM that stops at NOTHING to please his fans.
      You're wrong, I live 150 miles West Northwest of San Antonio, and I do care. But I see your point, I feel so alone being a Texans fan in the Hill country. Everyone else around here is a cowboys fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CW texansfan View Post

You're wrong, I live 150 miles West Northwest of San Antonio, and I do care. But I see your point, I feel so alone being a Texans fan in the Hill country. Everyone else around here is a cowboys fan.
        It's OK. I'm in upstate New York. It's lonely up here too.
        sigpic If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Comment

I wanted OB to stay until the Jags game. Pulling a QB after half a game is ridiculous, plus his offence hasn't improved since hes been here in fact it has got progressively worse each year.

However I would rather Smith was gone as letting the O-Line and to a lesser extent receiver positions get into the mess it is currently in is unforgivable

Comment

2006 Charles Spencer 3rd rd, Wali Lundy 6th, 2007 Amobi Okoye1st. Fred Bennet 3rd, Brandon Harrison 4th, Brandon Frye 5th, Kasey Studdard 6th. 2008 Antwaun Molden 3rd, Steve Slaton 3rd, Xavier Adibi 4th, Frank Okam 5th 2009 Antoine Caldwell 3rd Anthony Hill 4th 2010 Ben Tate 2nd, Earl Mitchell 3rd, Darryl Sharpton 4th, Sherrick McMannis 5th
            2011 Brandon Harris 3rd, Rashard Carmichael 4th, Shilo Keo 5th. 2012 DeVier Posey 2nd, Keshawn Martin 4th, 2013 (My Favorite) DJ Swearinger 2nd, Brennan Willams 3rd, Sam Montgomery 3rd, Trevado Williams 4th. Tired of typing, and I left quite a few out, but you get the point.

Comment

If we do lose OB, I hope Rick follows closely behind him.

Wonder if we can manage to land Dabo Swinney as new HC.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Originally posted by CW texansfan View Post

I live in the upper Medina River valley. Ok, no big villages around but no Texans fans. Just got in from my local watering hole after paying into the ever present Cowboys game pool. Texans always play earlier but they watch NASCAR until the Boys game.

Comment

I live in the upper Medina River valley. Ok, no big villages around but no Texans fans. Just got in from my local watering hole after paying into the ever present Cowboys game pool. Texans always play earlier but they watch NASCAR until the Boys game.
                  Mmmmmm, scheduling not good Kemosabe !!
                  "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                  Voltaire

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think RSís great draft picks were influenced a lot by the then coaching staff. Donít get me wrong RS can do some good things in the draft and FA, but he is not consistent enough to keep a team competitive from a talent standpoint.

OB has gone 9-7, won the division, won in Indy, won a playoff game with a sub par offensive lineup and without a starting QB. Now, several years into a rebuild we have a defense that is aging and no offensive improvement in talent.

Maybe if OB was a better talent evaluator he could have done RSís job and told them who to pick, but that is NOT HIS JOB. That is the GMís job, and he has failed.

RS should go. OB can stay. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by hasbeen View Post

Mmmmmm, scheduling not good Kemosabe !!
                      I know Tonto. But even as I stand tall for goodness and justice I must wear a mask so I won't be identified for being a Texans fan.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Prices on everything are constantly raised but this team has never done anything. Total image failure unless one is proud of getting wiped out in big games. Nobody has to go north of Conroe to be in Cowboy country. I live outside San Antonio and NOBODY cares about this team. People can hate the Cowboys but at least they have an owner-GM that stops at NOTHING to please his fans.
                        tbh I think he cares mostly about money than the fans. It's weird that that happens to other Houston teams too, like i was looking at a map of Astros fans the other day and it was really similar

I hope the QB in the draft that Bill wanted was a dual threat QB, because apparently our season now rests on Watson's legs. Until he gets injured i guess. Maybe this is just a move to buy time until we can upgrade the O line?

Man I just cant believe how bad that loss was

Comment

The draft mistakes over the years have been too numerous versus the few big successes. On the coaching side, I've never seen a team have so much success with such poor QBs. The team has really had no chance to progress deep into the playoffs with the QB-of-the-month approach, but at least he got them to the post season in the first place.

Those are my reasons.

Comment

I would like to see Smith, O'Brien and Mike Devlin, the offensive line coach gone. But I blame Smith for poor acquisitions more than Devlin for poor development of the O-line. Someone explain to me where, besides to DeAndre Hopkins, all that salary cap space went after dumping Osweiler? Really. Is it still just out there, floating around, avoiding landing a Bouye, John Simon or a professional offensive lineman?

I was disappointed O'Brien decided to become the OC, because I DO think he's a good head coach, overseeing and motivating a whole team through the adversity of a season. But the way he employs his offensive system creates unnecessary and increasing adversity every year, along with the unnecessary adversity caused by Smith's poor acquisitions. So O'Brien can repeat "it's a progress league" and "it's an adversity league," but when you start EVERY season digging your own a hole, you can only progress so high in the end.
                            Last edited by tko54321; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post
                              The draft mistakes over the years have been too numerous versus the few big successes. On the coaching side, I've never seen a team have so much success with such poor QBs. The team has really had no chance to progress deep into the playoffs with the QB-of-the-month approach, but at least he got them to the post season in the first place.

Those are my reasons.
                              please RAC and the defense got the Texans to the playoffs, our Obrien lead offense had no part in that lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cam713 View Post
                                Why do people want Smith gone and not BOB?
                                Funny how nearly all of the local Texans media are subtly praising Rick and openly "fire O'Brien". They did same with Kubiak, who went on to win a Super Bowl.

Media knows which side their bread is buttered on.
                                If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X