X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonta Leach arrested

Lock/Move if necessary..

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...L&id=3078&sn=t

Texans FB Vonta Leach was arrested earlier this week in Lumberton, North Carolina and charged with a misdemeanor simple assault.
    http://www.robesonian.com/pages/full...ts_left_column

LUMBERTON Vonta Leach, a Rowland native who is an NFL football player, was arrested this week and charged with simple assault. The alleged incident occurred in a downtown Lumberton restaurant last month.

The charge is a misdemeanor. Leach was taken to the Robeson County jail and released on a written promise. He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 18.

Leach, when contacted on Thursday by phone, said he could not comment.

A police report said that Leach, 27, of the 5000 block of White Oak Drive, was involved in a fight with Reggie Allen Locklear, 28, of East Seventh Street, at Blackwater Grille at 111 W. Third St., on June 28. That night Leach was holding an all-white dress event at the bar and restaurant.

According to the report, two women began fighting inside the restaurant at about 2 a.m. When Leach attempted to usher the women out of the business, Locklear said he asked Leach "who he was talking to" and Leach hit him in the face with a beer bottle and kicked him.

According to Leach's account, he told the women to leave and Locklear assaulted him and he defended himself.

The alleged fight was one of several that were reported at the Blackwater Grille that night and included a brawl that took place outside of the restaurant after closing.

Awesome. Can we get this guy to the probowl please?

Comment

Who would be dumb enough to mess with Leach? He's huge.

Comment

Originally posted by blake1776 View Post
        Awesome. Can we get this guy to the probowl please?
        Yea real awesome, especially considering how much the comissioner loves to suspend guys for these things. As far as I know this is Vonta's first offense so I doubt he hears anything from the league but Roger Goodell has gotten tougher and tougher about these things.

The last time a Texans fullback got arrested was Jameel Cook and he was released soon after. That was a different situation but Leach better hope Boomer doesn't have a stellar camp because McNair doesn't like guys that get in trouble with the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Little D View Post
          Dogs have no sense of size, that's why you may see a mouse size dog go after a Great Dane. Apparently, this Locklear guy was a drunken dog.
          Proud adopter of David Quessenberry

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenHolden View Post
            Yea real awesome, especially considering how much the comissioner loves to suspend guys for these things. As far as I know this is Vonta's first offense so I doubt he hears anything from the league but Roger Goodell has gotten tougher and tougher about these things.

The last time a Texans fullback got arrested was Jameel Cook and he was released soon after. That was a different situation but Leach better hope Boomer doesn't have a stellar camp because McNair doesn't like guys that get in trouble with the law.
            ;(

We'd be crazy to release Leach.

Comment

rut ro
              Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
              TexansCap.com

Comment

its a misdemeanor. There's not much to worry about.

This part made me laugh out loud though: "Locklear said he asked Leach "who he was talking to" and Leach hit him in the face with a beer bottle and kicked him."

haha I dont know but it just sounds funny to me some guy acting tough and then getting hit in the face.

Comment

I feel for Vonta here - I used to work as a bouncer in Edinburgh and, much as it can be dangerous stepping into a fight between two guys, you really don't want to get into the middle of a cat-fight. They fight dirty and you can't hit back. And someone else ALWAYS gets involved.
                  We don't rent pigs

Comment

at least....

Well at least we are not talking about any holdouts or contract disputes... lol.. Save it for the field Vonta!!!
                    Proudly sponsering the "H.T.P.D."** 100% & THEN SOME!!!

**Houston Texans Pain Department!!!

Comment

Vonta Leach

Originally posted by Little D View Post
                      Probably a drunk/high...Reggie Allen Locklear who is most likely a loser and hates Leach for his success in the NFL. Looking at their ages the guy probably went to school with Leach and has been hating on him for a long time. Now poor Reggie will be the laughing stock of Lumberton because everyone in town knows he got his butt kicked..(lumberton is pretty small).

Comment

Vonta Leach

Originally posted by blake1776 View Post
                        ;(

We'd be crazy to release Leach.
                        Release him? I would think not...afterall...he won the fight from the way it sounds. It sounds like the people that attended the bash said it was self defense. Goodell better not even think about suspending him for this.

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard
                          Is this guy married to Heather Locklear?
                          D- for effort.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenHolden View Post

Cook would have been released regardless, and everyone knew it. That just made him a free agent 1 week earlier.

Comment

i like VONTA ALOT. i hope he gets out of this mess without getting into trouble with the league. ......let the guy lead the way for SS

Comment

Working...
                              X