Saints will be no problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints will be no problem

The win over the Dolphins was rough one, but we beat them. In some of the other threads that were made after the game against the Dolphins, some people seem to be worrying about the Saints game. I'm gunna say don't be. It'll be a good game, but there are several reasons why I think that not only will the Texans win, it'll maybe even be an easier win than it was against the phins!

1) Pressure on Brees: Drew Brees is a killer passer, but he can fluster and make ugly throws under pressure. You can count on Mr. Phillips dialing up the pressure against the Saints.

2) Saints Pass rush vs. Texans O-line: The Saints got 6 sacks on Cutler this week, but I don't think there is a team in the league that can't get 6 sacks on Cutler. I'm not thoroughly convinced in the Saints pass rush. The Texans O-line protection wasn't great against the Dolphins, but when they bring their A-game, they could make a case of being the best in the league. I don't think the Saints are able to bring the kind of pressure the Dolphins did.

3) Saints Secondary: Suspect at best. Schaub should be able to pick them apart if he gets enough time in the pocket.

That being considered, I think it'll definitely be a good game. If our D can contain Brees (and I think they can), then this game should be in the bag.

I think it will be a close game and we have a chance but only because they're a soft finesse team just like us. It will be like playing our twin...except that in this case our twin is slightly better looking than us.
    It's hard to win in this league...

Comment

The Texans are not a finesse team, nor are they "soft". Those are just labels that Michael Lombardi gave the Texans based on last year.

Comment

Originally posted by AMartin56 View Post
        I think it will be a close game and we have a chance but only because they're a soft finesse team just like us. It will be like playing our twin...except that in this case our twin is slightly better looking than us.
        I agree, but our d is a little better and that might gives us the edge. I picked the Texans winning while all my friends picked the Saints

Comment

The Saints will be the strongest offensive test our team has seen so far this season. I am not 100% convinced that we are going to stop them.

I am expecting a close game.

Comment

Keep sippin the Kool-Aid
            sigpic

Comment

No problem at all? LOL yeah right. Your headcase QB and your headcase coach are taking an unproven team into the Superdome to play one of the premier teams in the league. I'm not saying the Texans can't win, but NO PROBLEM? LOL that is a joke.
              ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                No problem at all? LOL yeah right. Your headcase QB and your headcase coach are taking an unproven team into the Superdome to play one of the premier teams in the league. I'm not saying the Texans can't win, but NO PROBLEM? LOL that is a joke.
                Hey so how's Peyton doing? I hear the Brownies smothered you guys.

Comment

Mr. Peyton Manning18. Please leave. You suck. You are worse than a troll, you are a Colts fan.. Actually your not even a colts fan your a manning-sucker.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                    Coming from a team that loses ONE player, and can't get their s%!# together? How about you go to the Colts forums, and talk about how you guys are last after two games?

Comment

Why is everyone bashing peytonmanning18 here? He's absolutely correct, if you're calling next week's game "no problem" you are drinking an unhealthy amount of kool aid

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think we will win next week. But to go on the road against any team is challenging, let a lone a team that won the Superbowl only two years ago. The Saints are definitely a problem, but the Texans have means to over come it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev View Post
                        Why is everyone bashing peytonmanning18 here? He's absolutely correct, if you're calling next week's game "no problem" you are drinking an unhealthy amount of kool aid

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think we will win next week. But to go on the road against any team is challenging, let a lone a team that won the Superbowl only two years ago. The Saints are definitely a problem, but the Texans have means to over come it.
                        No one should needs a reason to bash peytonmanning18, he should be home by now.

Comment

Better to drink the kool-aid than eat crow when the Texans beat the Saints.

The Texans are the better team IMO. The saints will be able to put some points up, no doubt. But the Texans will put up more.

Comment

1. Will J.Joseph be 100% vs. the Saints?
                            2. Will K.Jack/J.Allen be ready for an ariel assualt led by Brees?
                            3. Will Schaub and company continue to leave points on the field while in the redzone?

New Orleans is a very real threat. I expect them to give us 100% effort, but I can't forsee us winning unless we return 100% effort. Todays game vs. the Dolphins didn't show me that Houston is firing on all cylinders yet. We need everyone to get on the same page heading into this stretch of the schedule.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Headcase QB? Headcase coach? Step away from the mushroom tea 18 and do so quickly before your head explodes. You are hallucinating and thinking you are on the Colts board.

It is possible we can take the Saints, but if we do it will be a close one.
                              Crowded locker rooms smell different to short people.

Comment

Working...
                              X