No announcement yet.

Brandon Harris at SAFETY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears that Wade believes Harris can help this team but the #2 is locked up between Allen/Jackson and the #3 spot is locked up by McCain. I'd like to see what Harris can do on the field. He's excelled on special teams and think he can handle the Safety position if that's what the coach wants.

In Wade we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by LonTex View Post
      I think you might have misunderstood me a bit? I wasn't advocating, benching or trading him. I agree he hasn't been on the field enough for me to get a good look at him, but Wade has seen him everyday in practise and I have to believe Wade wants the best players out there. I'm actually excited for him to be getting a look at FS because, as we've all seen, Keo is probably more of a project player than KJ! (Now that's doggin' someone. Granted Keo wasn't drafted in the first round! )
      I gotcha man I just got a little stunned when you compared him to Kareem and said he actually has no better speed, quickness, or hips. I see where you assume that since Wade doens't have him out there. But when you basically said Kareem has those better qualities is where you got me. That's all

Comment

Originally posted by TexansYoung'n View Post
        I gotcha man I just got a little stunned when you compared him to Kareem and said he actually has no better speed, quickness, or hips. I see where you assume that since Wade doens't have him out there. But when you basically said Kareem has those better qualities is where you got me. That's all
        Yeah, I probably wasn't too clear I had heard Wade compare him physically to Kareem in the pre-season but I can't seem to find the quotes. I'll keep looking though...
        "That's why they play the game."
        - Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
          It appears that Wade believes Harris can help this team but the #2 is locked up between Allen/Jackson and the #3 spot is locked up by McCain. I'd like to see what Harris can do on the field. He's excelled on special teams and think he can handle the Safety position if that's what the coach wants.

In Wade we trust.
          I continue to wonder if there is something deeper regarding Harris that we are not being told. Read a lot of reviews as to how great he was going to be and how much of a steal he was when we got him... Makes me wonder.....

Comment

Harris seems too small to play safety. Kareem at safety though sounds like a great idea. He's great in run support and a very sure tackler, if he can get back to the weight he was at (north of 200) he could be the best safety on our roster.

A future backfield of

Harris
            Joseph
            Carmichael
            Kareem
            Quinn

Sounds pretty darn good.

Comment

Kareem's skills seem better fitted for safety.

I really thought we would have seen more of Harris by now.

Comment

Whaaat?

Originally posted by pootytang View Post
                Harris seems too small to play safety. Kareem at safety though sounds like a great idea. He's great in run support and a very sure tackler, if he can get back to the weight he was at (north of 200) he could be the best safety on our roster.

A future backfield of

Harris
                Joseph
                Carmichael
                Kareem
                Quinn

Sounds pretty darn good.
                Only if several of these guys get a LOT better - still in potential mode.
                ~ this is not the signature you're looking for ~

Comment

Guys, the Texans aren't going to ask Harris play in the box. His size is fine. He will be the #4 S behind Quinn, Nolan, and Keo (face it, Keo may be bad but at least he has experience at S). The only time Harris could see the field would be in our dime package where we usually put 3 safeties on the field.

Comment

Harris is not any more fluid/quick/fast than KJ, plus KJ is down to 188 now.
                    Lon, Lon, Lon. Dude, Harris is much, much quicker and faster than KJ. It's not even close. Plus, Harris has the hip swivel to stay w/ WR's on their routes and the catchup burst when beaten. KJ lacks both.

I do understand if you think KJ will make a player. Maybe he will, but your statement is just incorrect.
                    Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

Keo is not a FS, and is barely a SS
                      Now, that is patently true. Keo is not a starter in the NFL, hands down.
                      Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

Originally posted by JRingo View Post
                        I continue to wonder if there is something deeper regarding Harris that we are not being told. Read a lot of reviews as to how great he was going to be and how much of a steal he was when we got him... Makes me wonder.....
                        Here's the deeper thing you are looking for: Wade does not like to play rookies. He was the same way in Dallas.

Harris was a bit raw coming in and may take a year to get it. He has all the traits of a top 10 starting CB in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by pootytang View Post
                          A future backfield of

Harris
                          Joseph
                          Carmichael
                          Kareem
                          Quinn

Sounds pretty darn good.
                          Eh, I don't know how anybody could say squat about Carmichael right now. McMannis clearly has a shot before Roc.
                          BATTLEGROUND PACIFIC: A Marine Rifleman's Combat Odyssey in K/3/5 - Spring 2012, St. Martin Press

Comment

Originally posted by EVOLVIST View Post
                            Eh, I don't know how anybody could say squat about Carmichael right now. McMannis clearly has a shot before Roc.
                            Carmack was well thought of, but very raw. Has the potential to be a quality starting CB. Faster'n a wink. Needs to gain a few LB's. I think he potential is a lot higher than Mac's is.

Comment

I'm with Ktex, Harris is faster, smarter, just better in all areas then Kjax

Kjax is a joke! Will always be a joke. He is a sorry CB, will be a sorry S. Point blank.

Crap CB don't make good Safeties.

Some of the best safties we very good CBs.

Eric Berry
                              Patrick Peterson
                              Antrel Rolle
                              Marlin Jackson (was decent)
                              Troy Polamalu (was a LBer)
                              Nate Clements

Even jason allen was a safety CB and Glover Quinn

The whole Physical Safety days are dead and gone.

It is a passing league. You need a quick, pass defending Safety.

Reason way teams have Antrel Rolle, Eric Berry, Patrick Peterson.

I think Harris will make a good Safety. I would prefer to try him at CB. But if putting him at safety gets him on the felid then I'm all for it. Not like he can't go back to CB if need be.he is a very smart player, he is a coaches son. He knows football and he will learn the safety spot quickly. It will only help his game. If he is the player we all hope it will only make him better. If he is not, then he will be overwhelmed, uncomfortable, and out of place.

We will see.

I'm cheering for Harris. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
                                Carmack was well thought of, but very raw. Has the potential to be a quality starting CB. Faster'n a wink. Needs to gain a few LB's. I think he potential is a lot higher than Mac's is.
                                well, it's all guess work at the moment Harris, McMannis and Roc.

I understand why the Texans don't want to put them on the field yet. They don't want to get burned too badly. But we have to see them sometime or another.
                                BATTLEGROUND PACIFIC: A Marine Rifleman's Combat Odyssey in K/3/5 - Spring 2012, St. Martin Press

Comment

Working...
                                X