Bradie James

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigp View Post
    Great signing! As much as some people on this board deny it and as much as I hate to say it, DeMeco's production and playing time dropped significantly because of his injuries and because of the rise of Cushing as this defense's co-leader. Cushing got the playing time over DeMeco in nickel and dime situations because Cushing is just flat out a better athlete than Ryans (bigger, faster, stronger). Yes we will all miss the tremendous leadership DeMeco brought to our team and especially our defense, but he wasn't worth the money we were paying him. Bradie James definitely knows what he is doing in this defense. He can come in day 1 and be very solid depth and start over Sharpton if need be.
    It's becoming a trend on this Board that after one of our players is traded or released, the opinion immediately begins to reflect the view that he was basically overrated or simply no good, and as soon as his replacement is signed, he is viewed as as being a perfect fit or near pro-bowler.

I have no problem with signing James, but let's be real about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcates View Post
      I didn't just mean it, I clearly said it.

Still, you are sticking to your guns, so I give up.

You're right, words are just words, and don't mistake my frustration for anger or psychosis. Like I said before, I think you have valuable input and you always back your opinions up with logic, and while I may not always agree, I will never take that away from you. Plus, be it the Fleener or Wright debate, you never waver from your stance and that is a commendable trait, as I am the same way. Perhaps this is why our discussions/debates will always be endless and without any tangible conclusions?

Nonetheless, my only issue with you to this point has been over interpretation of words, nothing more.

I may have been unnecessarily insulting previously though, and for that I apologize.

6AM and I'm still at work.

BTW, you never commented on my reply to your question as to who I would select at #26, and I was interested in your input. Thoughts?
      About Worthy? If you are going to ask me on the spot I would give it more credence than Hill or Wright. To be honest I would like to watch some film and read about the fellow before I give you an educated response. But, for the sake of argument we could do worse in the first.
      Peace is a myth.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall View Post
        Does this give cause for concern in holding on to the ball after a catch in the NFL with the way the defensive backs try stripping the ball?
        I think it has to do with the 5 yard stick and run patterns. You can't really expect a guy that weak in the arms chest and back to stick anyone.
        Peace is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
          About Worthy? If you are going to ask me on the spot I would give it more credence than Hill or Wright. To be honest I would like to watch some film and read about the fellow before I give you an educated response. But, for the sake of argument we could do worse in the first.
          The guy is a penetrator, uses leverage very well and is strong at the point of attack. I like him for either a 4-3 team as a DT or at any position on the front 3 of a 3-4 team, but for us obviously I like him as a NT. Should be lose Antonio Smith next season, he could fill in there as well.

Just taking into account who should be there at 26, what our needs are, and which player holds the most value, to me it's Worthy. I'd prefer our 1st rounder to start, so an OLB makes little or no sense, and ILB now is a moot point given the fact that we have plenty of solid depth there now after resigning Dobbins and picking up Bradie James.

I don't like the idea of taking a safety. I actually like Quin and Manning, and while Manning will eventually be replaced, for now he fits in just fine.

OL could be a pick too, however. If the right player is on the board, I would not be adverse to upgrading RG or RT, but I still think we can be successful with Caldwell and Butler. Depth is a concern there and I am confident both positions will be addressed at some point in the Draft, if only backups.

TE is a target, and I can completely see why, if Fleener is there, you would want him, and I wouldn't hate the pick, I just don't think it's the best way to go.

Basically, when it's all said and done, if Worthy is on the board, I don't see a better pick out there unless a top-flight corner drops (aside from Jenkins...love his game...am scared to death of his perceived inability to stay out of trouble off the field).
          Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

Comment

• Originally posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
            I think it has to do with the 5 yard stick and run patterns. You can't really expect a guy that weak in the arms chest and back to stick anyone.
            Yea, press coverage is the biggest concern with Wright in reference to his reps at the combine. He could easily get mauled within the first 5 yards and be unable to get free, or, he could get driven out of bounds like Adalius Thomas once did to Chad Johnson (I refuse to use the name Ochocinco).

Run blocking would be another concern there.
            Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

Comment

• Originally posted by gcates View Post
              Yea, press coverage is the biggest concern with Wright in reference to his reps at the combine. He could easily get mauled within the first 5 yards and be unable to get free, or, he could get driven out of bounds like Adalius Thomas once did to Chad Johnson (I refuse to use the name Ochocinco).

Run blocking would be another concern there.
              Honestly. I think Cody was 10 times this guys worth coming out of college. If we could get the same worth with less money I think it's definitely worth a look but not in the first. This guy has 2nd round written all over him and I don't think our need is that great to take a leap on him.

Video looks good though. I just don't like how he stomps. He is not light on his feet. It looks like his knees may give out sooner than he may like.
              Peace is a myth.

Comment

• Late to the party...been out of town....but I like this signing as well as re-signing Dobbins. If James can get back to the level of production he formerly had under Wade then we will be getting a heck of a LB'er.

This also shores up an area of concern that we had coming into last week. Solid depth is the name of the game.

Comment

• yawn.
                  Futuristic Bow-Wow...

Comment

• I am amaze how cheap we got him for. This organization is really starting to shine!

We let a really high priced LB who did not fit the 3-4 (saving us a buttload of CAP space this year and next year) go, and got a 3-4 LB who WILL exceed Demeco's production.
                    THE Anti troll

Comment

• I am certainly feeling a lot better about ILB depth now. If James can return to his old form under Wade then he may give Sharpton a battle.

OLB depth can be addressed through the draft but I see it as bpa in rd 1 for WR but if you don;t see the wr you want then you can go OLB/Oline/DT/ even CB lots of flexibility which is great and allows you take the best guy and not draft out of desperation
                      1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

• Bradie is decent. He will not be an upgrade over Demeco, but he's an adequate fill in.
                        Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

• He said that out of respect for DeMeco he won't touch #59 and he'll be wearing #53.

Comment

• Originally posted by ktex View Post
                            Bradie is decent. He will not be an upgrade over Demeco, but he's an adequate fill in.
                            When you can save millions and the level of play will probably not see any drop off.............thats a helluva upgrade!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmtex63 View Post
                              When you can save millions and the level of play will probably not see any drop off.............thats a helluva upgrade!!
                              James better then Ryans? Now that is funny!! It was a joke....right??

Comment

• Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
                                One of the pluses of taking Fleener would be keeping him from getting picked up by Indy. They're drooling at the chance of him falling to them and I don't blame them. Luck to Fleener would be money for years. We gotta this guy if possible and I'll do cart wheels if we do.
                                The first pick of the secon round belongs to the Rams, they are more than happy to trade it for more picks. Fisher did it before to the Texans when we took Jason Babin with the 28th pick after we took D. Rob with the 11th pick of the first round. He burnt the Texans with that trade and he could do it again. That's if the Texans liked him enough to spend draft pick to trade for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X