Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of the Texans Franchise on NFL Network tonight @ 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Marshall View Post
    They mostly start ou as complaints...like YOURS. Stop complaining.
    Then stop talking about Tebow on a Houston Texans forum. Complaining or not. Y'all love talking about somebody that has no relevance to us.
    2011 AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Marshall View Post
      I see no evidence of this. He makes no claim to that effect and I see no one else making that claim. YOU are the one doing it in order to scoff and mock at 'religious nuts".

      Now tell me, does that reflect your view of all religious people and therefore redundant or do you actually see some religious people as astute, learned and intellectual equals with yourself?

      I suspect the donation was similar to those pie auctions at churches which bring $100-$250 a piece. It's a fun way of raising funds.
      Listen, I practice my religion with out telling every one that "oh I'm going to pray today why won't you all come and take pictures"
      Also if some one is going to really give to charity, then do it without all the fan fair.
      Tebow doesn't need to do his goofy bow to have God know, God already know. If you tell me you don't think that's done for attention then you are as much of a sucker as those old ladies that send their money that they can't afford anyway to some preacher on TV that takes it and spend it on whores. You want to pray do it between you and God. Tebow is making a mockery out of the whole religion thing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Thought this thread was on "State of the Texans"? Anyway back to the subject, they where clueless talking about Mario like he lead us to the playoffs when he hardly played last year!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by tx_tuff View Post
          Thought this thread was on "State of the Texans"? Anyway back to the subject, they where clueless talking about Mario like he lead us to the playoffs when he hardly played last year!
          According to them, Mario got 10 sacks a game.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by tx_tuff View Post
            Thought this thread was on "State of the Texans"? Anyway back to the subject, they where clueless talking about Mario like he lead us to the playoffs when he hardly played last year!
            Its like they don't relize that Mario missed most of the season and Demeco was a 2 down run stopper. Yeah he was our leader but I'm confident in Cushing. We have played without both and had success. I'm not worried about this defense at all.
            2011 AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by 1st&inches View Post
              According to them, Mario got 10 sacks a game.
              Marios's got a gun!!!!!
              THE Anti troll

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 1st&inches View Post
                Listen, I practice my religion with out telling every one that "oh I'm going to pray today why won't you all come and take pictures"
                Also if some one is going to really give to charity, then do it without all the fan fair.
                Tebow doesn't need to do his goofy bow to have God know, God already know. If you tell me you don't think that's done for attention then you are as much of a sucker as those old ladies that send their money that they can't afford anyway to some preacher on TV that takes it and spend it on whores. You want to pray do it between you and God. Tebow is making a mockery out of the whole religion thing.
                If public displays are for self edification and self promotion, then you have a valid point.

                "Matthew 23:5 But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their [a]phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6 They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. 8 But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 Do not be called [b]leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. 11 But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

                But if it is a part and parcel of your normal worship of GOD, then continue as you've always done.

                Daniel 6: 10 Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, [h]

                as he had been doing previously.

                11 Then these men came [i]by agreement and found Daniel making petition and supplication before his God. 12 Then they approached and spoke before the king about the king’s injunction, “Did you not sign an injunction that any man who makes a petition to any god or man besides you, O king, for thirty days, is to be cast into the lions’ den?” The king replied, “The statement is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which [j]may not be revoked.” 13 Then they answered and spoke before the king, “Daniel, who is one of the [k]exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, O king, or to the injunction which you signed, but keeps making his petition three times a day.”

                Tebow's thanks to God is not new. It has been a part of his play and celebration from his earliest days.
                https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                  If public displays are for self edification and self promotion, then you have a valid point.

                  "Matthew 23:5 But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their [a]phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6 They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. 8 But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 Do not be called [b]leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. 11 But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

                  But if it is a part and parcel of your normal worship of GOD, then continue as you've always done.

                  Daniel 6: 10 Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, [h]

                  as he had been doing previously.

                  11 Then these men came [i]by agreement and found Daniel making petition and supplication before his God. 12 Then they approached and spoke before the king about the king’s injunction, “Did you not sign an injunction that any man who makes a petition to any god or man besides you, O king, for thirty days, is to be cast into the lions’ den?” The king replied, “The statement is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which [j]may not be revoked.” 13 Then they answered and spoke before the king, “Daniel, who is one of the [k]exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, O king, or to the injunction which you signed, but keeps making his petition three times a day.”

                  Tebow's thanks to God is not new. It has been a part of his play and celebration from his earliest days.

                  Cool story.
                  2011 AFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Don"t start throwing scripture out as it's law. This is a football forum not a religious forum. Religious nut jobs can find scripture to justify any action they want to prove. The entire bible is full of contradictions. So "save us all" from personal beliefs. If anyone gets as much constant publicity as Tebow does for praying then they begin to do it for the publicity. If they don't seek publicity then they practice their beliefs in private. So get off your soapbox with using the bible as a weapon to justify @@@@. Some of us don't recognize your weapon anymore and we are just as good of human beings as most religious people.

                    Now as far as the Texans go on NFL network. There is only 1 southern team the national networks recognize and do actual research on and because our team is not named the dallas cowboys, don't expect good researched and complete journalism performed on any short depictions of our team.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Well said. There's a time and place for religion. I don't mind praying on the field, but don't talk about it. The thing that annoys me about tebow's strong showing of faith is that people actually think he's special in a blessed way. God doesn't favor anyone, imo.
                      Evolve or Die

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by EK0715 View Post
                        Don"t start throwing scripture out as it's law. This is a football forum not a religious forum. Religious nut jobs can find scripture to justify any action they want to prove. The entire bible is full of contradictions. So "save us all" from personal beliefs. If anyone gets as much constant publicity as Tebow does for praying then they begin to do it for the publicity. If they don't seek publicity then they practice their beliefs in private. So get off your soapbox with using the bible as a weapon to justify @@@@. Some of us don't recognize your weapon anymore and we are just as good of human beings as most religious people.

                        Now as far as the Texans go on NFL network. There is only 1 southern team the national networks recognize and do actual research on and because our team is not named the dallas cowboys, don't expect good researched and complete journalism performed on any short depictions of our team.
                        Just because you don not believe, does not make it any less God's word. As long as people criticize those who believe, then I will respond in kind. If you don't want to hear it, stop introducing the subject by criticizing and mocking it.
                        https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Since we're at it, GO RON PAUL!!!

                          Naw but for real, chill out everyone, simmer down w/ the God talk
                          2012 HTMB Consolation Champion

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                            Just because you don not believe, does not make it any less God's word. As long as people criticize those who believe, then I will respond in kind. If you don't want to hear it, stop introducing the subject by criticizing and mocking it.
                            Im sorry. How could I forget. It's only a christians right to publicly voice his or her opinion. If you want to challenge me on scripture though, we can do this in private. I have been a very active christian for more than 40 years and a youth minister for many of those years so, just to let you know, I am not ignorant to "God's word" as you put it. But like I said if you want to discuss it, we can do it privately. A football message board is the wrong place.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Vance87 View Post
                              Since we're at it, GO RON PAUL!!!

                              Naw but for real, chill out everyone, simmer down w/ the God talk

                              RON PAUL 2012!!!! Oh, and GO TEXANS!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by THE__TEXAN View Post
                                Then stop talking about Tebow on a Houston Texans forum. Complaining or not. Y'all love talking about somebody that has no relevance to us.
                                Let's have the mods as it to the profanity filter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X