Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice V.S. Foster.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...9#entry1048849

I thought you guys might enjoy this. It is a debate on who is the better back on the Baltimore boards and major respect is given to Arian.
    May God have mercy upon my enemies because, I will not. - General George Patton.

Originally posted by Ngata_Chance View Post
    http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...9#entry1048849

I thought you guys might enjoy this. It is a debate on who is the better back on the Baltimore boards and major respect is given to Arian.
    Hehe I started that and now it is spread to another forum then another then another. Soon foster will take over the digital world and marches upon all of earth and gives me philosophical advice to take over the world. It is all going according to plan now. Mwuhahahahahahaha

Comment

Foster might be my biased but regardless both are great players and both mean a lot to their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
        Foster might be my biased but regardless both are great players and both mean a lot to their teams.
        And most Baltimore fans agree that Foster is the better back although the difference is marginal.
        May God have mercy upon my enemies because, I will not. - General George Patton.

Comment

And most Baltimore fans agree that Foster is the better back although the difference is marginal.
          What's the deal with Rice holding out? Do you think it's really about number of years in the contract or do you think he wants more per year than the franchise tag gives?
          Peace is a myth.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion

Comment

I'd say right now there the top 2 backs in the league. Foster outplayed Rice in the playoff game however. Foster is more elusive then Rice, as Rice usually sticks to North and South game as Foster is more of a cutback runningback. They both have exceptional vision, and are great catching out of the backfield. I think its about a toss up, but as stated in other board Rice has never had injury problems.

Heres one more question to think about: Which running back would be better on different teams in different offenses around the league. Many of my bandwagony colleagues tell me Foster is a product of the system which is blasphemy to me, though I think Rice would find more success throughout the league. Without a good offensive line Foster's cut backs wouldn't be as effective, but he would still be a hell of a back regardless.
            Checkout my Texans/Rockets videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/texansfan898?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
              What's the deal with Rice holding out? Do you think it's really about number of years in the contract or do you think he wants more per year than the franchise tag gives?
              Man I dont know he is talking out of both sides of his mouth. One moment he is trying to play nice and make it look like the nice guy. After that he will come right back around say he wants AP money. If that is the case I would like to deal with him like an old man deals with a young, hot hooker. bang em out while they are young and dump them on their over pampered rear.

If he is going to act this way we need to tag him again next year and develop our young backs and then hopefully someone gives up a first for him.

I like him and all and think he is a great player but if he thinks he is worth AP money than a winning franchise never keeps a delusional headcase and I would not be the least bit hurt to get a draft pick and send him on his way to be someone elses problem.

Comment

Man I dont know he is talking out of both sides of his mouth. One moment he is trying to play nice and make it look like the nice guy. After that he will come right back around say he wants AP money. If that is the case I would like to deal with him like an old man deals with a young, hot hooker. bang em out while they are young and dump them on their over pampered rear.

If he is going to act this way we need to tag him again next year and develop our young backs and then hopefully someone gives up a first for him.

I like him and all and think he is a great player but if he thinks he is worth AP money than a winning franchise never keeps a delusional headcase and I would not be the least bit hurt to get a draft pick and send him on his way to be someone elses problem.
                He's a phenomenal back but this is rubbing me the wrong way. We got lucky that Foster wasn't looking to handicap the Texans. Good luck on that whole fiasco and hopefully for the Ravens sake this doesn't turn into a Chris Johnson like scenario.
                Peace is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
                  He's a phenomenal back but this is rubbing me the wrong way. We got lucky that Foster wasn't looking to handicap the Texans. Good luck on that whole fiasco and hopefully for the Ravens sake this doesn't turn into a Chris Johnson like scenario.
                  Me too but to be honest I dont expect much out of players in this day in age. Their is no team loyalty. Not saying I am surprised but rarely do you have that guy that is willing to eat sleep and breathe the franchise that drafted them. The Ravens have been blessed with two. Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis. People leave the Ravens every year and most flop. You are not the only one who it is rubbing the wrong way. When we drafted Ray in the second round he said he would not let Baltimore regret it.

We actually offered him Arian Foster's contract and he left it on the table.

That is why I will say Arian is the better back not only is he an outstanding player but he has loyalty to the Texans. Something Ray Rice may not have. You guys are fortunate to have two guys as well who are like that. You may have Arian and I dont see AJ ever donning other colors.

Comment

Me too but to be honest I dont expect much out of players in this day in age. Their is no team loyalty. Not saying I am surprised but rarely do you have that guy that is willing to eat sleep and breathe the franchise that drafted them. The Ravens have been blessed with two. Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis. People leave the Ravens every year and most flop. You are not the only one who it is rubbing the wrong way. When we drafted Ray in the second round he said he would not let Baltimore regret it.

We actually offered him Arian Foster's contract and he left it on the table.

That is why I will say Arian is the better back not only is he an outstanding player but he has loyalty to the Texans. Something Ray Rice may not have. You guys are fortunate to have two guys as well who are like that. You may have Arian and I dont see AJ ever donning other colors.
                    I completely agree about the lack of team loyalty in today's game. It's really a shame because I think the sport is still about the fans, but it is rapidly turning into something else. I really have a lot of respect for AJ because this guy could have gone to any other team and made a lot more than he is right now. He's restructured his contract what seems to be every year to allow the Texans to pursue new talent or keep what they have. I see more of a character in Foster but I think the loyalty is there because the Texans took a chance on him when no other team wanted to touch him.

Hopefully with this new CBA players will be more likely to stay with the team that drafted them, and we may see loyalty rise again. Who knows though when you are throwing around 7 and 8 figure numbers to youngsters that haven't developed character.
                    Peace is a myth.

Comment

Also biased, I say foster but only because Foster edges Rice on the receiving game. Rice is a BEAST tho.. And it's too close. One thIng ravens never done is sPend money on super sized contracts. So this will show how much Rice wants to win or really get paid. I know it's part of negotiating, but I hate the part when they say " I need to do what's best for me, and my family".... Translation: " time to pay me or I'm out ".

Comment

Working...
                      X