Holliday CUT....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holliday CUT....

per Twitter, Holliday has been cut and Barrett Ruud (LB) has been signed.
    Twitter McClain and Scurfield

Good...

Also elevated G Cody White from practice squad. Obviously Cush went to IR.
    Ruud was good back in the day,4 straight 100+ tackles from 2006-2010. Not bad depth if Dobbins cant handle it and Sharpton never gets back to normal..
    Last edited by austins23; 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM.
    sigpic

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by 2throwed281 View Post
      Interesting
      He had promise, too bad he couldn't do it when it really mattered.

Comment

I would have given him to the bye, but this is probably for the best
        "You know when your momma told you not to play with fire? Well I'm that fire she warned you about" - Andre Johnson

Comment

Great move. He was eating up a roster spot.
          Manning and Martin can take over from here; and probably with better results.

Comment

cut

I think all of us saw this coming. If he isn't picked up, can we then return him to the practice squad?

Comment

Originally posted by jkeener71 View Post
              He had promise, too bad he couldn't do it when it really mattered.
              I think it was more lack of kick return production rather than punt. Punters kicked away from him. He'll have another job soon, has good stuff on film from preseason.

Comment

I am surprised they never tried to use Holliday in games, especially given how often they have tried to use reverses and end arounds with Posey and Martin.

But I have always suspected that the Texans whenever they needed a spot would look toward Holliday unless he made some decent returns. But the fact they did cut him to sign a guard, seems to indicate they are worried about either Smith or Caldwell and with Jones already splitting time and being a rookie himself, I worry about what this means for our o-line.

Edit: No way, Kubiak is stupid enough to risk Manning on returns, especially with Demps being out for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie View Post
                  I think all of us saw this coming. If he isn't picked up, can we then return him to the practice squad?
                  Dont know the in and outs of the practice squad but there is now one spot available on the practice squad since they moved up White.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BDL08 View Post
                    Please no Manning on kickoff. Too risky for me for a defensive starter. It'll probably happen tho

Comment

I was hoping Holliday would do well, but I think this is for the best. He made me nervous every time he got his hands on the ball. He just never seemed comfortable during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by BDL08 View Post
                        I think more than likely we will have Forsett back there...don't have to risk a starter or a rookie being back there this way. Forsett has experience and good burst plus he's a Vet that will make good decisions
                        "You know when your momma told you not to play with fire? Well I'm that fire she warned you about" - Andre Johnson

Comment

Saw this coming. Cushing's injury just sped up the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Texan Naija View Post
                            I am surprised they never tried to use Holliday in games, especially given how often they have tried to use reverses and end arounds with Posey and Martin.

But I have always suspected that the Texans whenever they needed a spot would look toward Holliday unless he made some decent returns. But the fact they did cut him to sign a guard, seems to indicate they are worried about either Smith or Caldwell and with Jones already splitting time and being a rookie himself, I worry about what this means for our o-line.

Edit: No way, Kubiak is stupid enough to risk Manning on returns, especially with Demps being out for a few weeks.
                            I think he was probably cut to sign a LB.

OLine depth is pretty good. Scurfield mentioned on Twitter that another team was interested in White and they didnt want to lose him.
                            sigpic

Comment

'ol saying...

Put up or shut up...

I figured he'd be cut, but thought they would go through to the bye. LB depth is needed more now, than a speed returner that has not returned this year....

I was pulling for Holliday, but had been cussing your asp all season tooooooo!
                              Proudly sponsering the "H.T.P.D."** 100% & THEN SOME!!!

**Houston Texans Pain Department!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X