Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What head coach would you want the Texans to hire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill O'Brien....PSU

Comment

• Too Young!

Originally posted by BUBBA BENNETT View Post
      Sure bring back Schottenheimer he's only 70 years old---bring in Monte Kiffin as his DC---he's 73---might as well bring in Buddy Ryan to help out. They can call in plays from their wheelchairs. Come on Man!!
      Don't want those young whippersnappers. My choices:

1. Vince Lombardi
      2. George Halas

If you insist on a college guy:

3. Bear Bryant

Dig 'em up!
      Signature deleted for being honest.

Comment

• NFL Experience
        1) Bill Cower
        2) Jon Gruden
        3) Tony Dungy

College Coaches
        4) Art Briles
        5) Kevin Sumlin

Comment

• Originally posted by BUBBA BENNETT View Post
          Yep "old Monte" has got that Cowboys "D" working like a charm. I forgot. I do agree that he is a lot better coach than his kid. But the game has passed him by.
          They're calling it the "Tampa 600" over on the Cowboys board!! Cracks me up!!!!
          Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

• Originally posted by moderator1 View Post
            POSTED AS A FAN

You know, picking a coach such as Cowher, Gruden, Dungy, etc. is like rolling the dice. Maybe their coaching fire is still lit and they're dying to get back out there, maybe they've enjoyed their time off and after about 2 weeks they wonder what they're doing out there in the 100 degree heat coaching.

The coordinators may or may not pan out as the type of head coach we need. We just don't really know. How many coordinators are there like Kubiak, but fail at their first attempt? How many head coaches are there like Belichick who failed at Cleveland but succeeds at New England, same for Pete Carroll who failed in New York, but seems to have it together in Seattle.

Andy Reid was toast in Philly, but the toast of the town in Kansas City within one year.

We can hope that if we get a top notch college coach like Sumlin or Briles that will turn out to be a great head coach, or they can be a failure.

We just don't really know and we have to have faith in the Texans upper management to make the right decision.
            Sumlin is a system coach with a Tebow-ish like QB. If he didnt have his QB, how good is he really? I think thats a HUGE risk. As for anything from Baylor, I love Baylor my little bro got his phd at Baylor. I have loved the way they have been playing...Im watching them now. But, that spread/read option reminds me of Chip Kellys system. And we dont have the roster for that. We dont have track star WRs, they arent slow, but compared to Baylor WRs they are slow. As for a QB for either system...again we dont have one. We need a Newton-like QB for both systems. Too big of a risk.
            JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

• Sumlin and Briles both just recently re-upped so its doubtful either leave.

David Shaw or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MASE09 View Post
                Sumlin and Briles both just recently re-upped so its doubtful either leave.

Lets just Dust off Ditka and Buddy Ryan and see if they got 1 last run in them LOL That would be something Texans Geezers on Parade LOL Any Coach with Ditkas fire would be a good choice IMO anybody whos a take no BS kinda coach is what these spoiled Im Kubs buddy and his player but still we are friends Players and make them accountable or ride the pine because someone wants to play if you dont !! Thats the coach we need and want IMHO !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MASE09 View Post
                  Sumlin and Briles both just recently re-upped so its doubtful either leave.

Shaw is my #1 choice regardless, but those contracts are irrelevant. If the Texans decide that they want one of those guys, they will still get them. It would be more expensive now, but that contract won't be the reason the Texans don't go after those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houston24 View Post
                    Shaw is my #1 choice regardless, but those contracts are irrelevant. If the Texans decide that they want one of those guys, they will still get them. It would be more expensive now, but that contract won't be the reason the Texans don't go after those guys.
                    Reality is it would be a huge reason to not try to sign them. They are like Gods, thats how the NCAA portrays its good teams. So, they are seen all the time. They get local tv shows, look at Baylors unis, wonder why? Nike loves a winner. The HC leaves they go on a skid with a new HC...Nike wont do favors and thats that. The unis increase revenue also...to the athletic department due to people buying 10 jerseys as an example (all different color schemes). I know from talking to a few grad students working for the team...the coaches due profit from deals like that.

Why do you think guys like Saban return to college and others who would be great coaches never goto the NFL? MONEY and FAME
                    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

• chucky

Comment

• Sumlin signed another new contract paying him **5mil a year through 2019. He also agreed to forsake any NFL offers under the new contract. So he is off the table for those interested.

Sources tell ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen that Sumlin has agreed to forsake NFL bids as part of his new contract. The sources said Sumlin's new **5 million-per-year deal guarantees him to coach the Aggies until the school has completed and played in its **450 million renovation of Kyle Field, which is set to open in 2015.
                        http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-contract-2019

Comment

Working...
                        X