Does JJ Leave?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does JJ Leave?

I was thinking.. The way things are going with our team currently and the fact that we may be facing a serious rebuild If Gary, Rick and all the coaches are fired And then JJoe, Brice McCain, Ed reed, randy bullock and some even say Foster (Crazy if you ask me) or Ben Tate are all released.

With that said, do yall think JJ Watt sticks around for a couple (or more) losing seasons like Andre did?

It seems to me from his pressers and the way he looks after a loss that if we dont make a quick turn around that we may lose him to another team. ..

Thoughts?

Like most other NFL players, JJ Watt will go where the money takes him. He has made a home of Houston, but I'm sure his services can be purchased.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Well JJ is on contract through 2014 and the team has the option for a 5th year if they choose to exercise it. JJ is a player to build around, the Texans will try to lock him up. But that's not to say another team offers a contract (like M. Williams) and Texans choose not to match it.

It is a little early to speculate where JJ will be.
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Chapman View Post
        Well JJ is on contract through 2014 and the team has the option for a 5th year if they choose to exercise it. JJ is a player to build around, the Texans will try to lock him up. But that's not to say another team offers a contract (like M. Williams) and Texans choose not to match it.

Exactly. JJ is a proud guy and is big with the community, if the FO keeps putting talent around him and keeps us competitive, he will stay. We still have next year to prove we are legitimate contenders. And yes, I believe we will be.

Comment

Originally posted by C.O.DuB View Post
          I was thinking.. The way things are going with our team currently and the fact that we may be facing a serious rebuild If Gary, Rick and all the coaches are fired And then JJoe, Brice McCain, Ed reed, randy bullock and some even say Foster (Crazy if you ask me) or Ben Tate are all released.

With that said, do yall think JJ Watt sticks around for a couple (or more) losing seasons like Andre did?

It seems to me from his pressers and the way he looks after a loss that if we dont make a quick turn around that we may lose him to another team. ..

Thoughts?
          This is about the 5th time this exact thread has been played out this year. The answers are always the same, if we are good enough and pay him enough he won't leave. If we suck and don't pay him enough he will leave....
          sigpic

Comment

It will be a money issue. But the Texans will likely have to pay a premium (more than some other teams) to keep him. With the daunting rebuilding job that we are facing, I would not be surprised to see JJ go elsewhere. The real question is what will Andre Johnson do? His opportunity to make it to a superbowl is dwindling fast, and I can't see it happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Chapman View Post

And then they can franchise tag him, right?

It might be too much of a gamble but eventually they're going to realize you can' t just load up these guys contracts because you like them personally. Schaub's contract is hampering the team, even Cushing's. Ninja...Daniels....all these guys make just a little too much, especially if the effort is a 2 win team!
              John Simon Probowl/HoF/President/Galactic Emporer/Savior of the Universe 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Pick 6 View Post
                It will be a money issue. But the Texans will likely have to pay a premium (more than some other teams) to keep him. With the daunting rebuilding job that we are facing, I would not be surprised to see JJ go elsewhere. The real question is what will Andre Johnson do? His opportunity to make it to a superbowl is dwindling fast, and I can't see it happening here.
                Andre doesn't have a choice he is signed to us for 3 more seasons.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
                  This is about the 5th time this exact thread has been played out this year. The answers are always the same, if we are good enough and pay him enough he won't leave. If we suck and don't pay him enough he will leave....
                  Didnt see the other threads or else I wouldn't have posted this one. I dont get on here everyday and I just wanted to open up dialog with the board members.

Comment

Really hope not

I really hope that JJ stays. Man, this game is such a crap shoot. I'm sure that Tony Gonzales, Steven Jackson, and Osi Umeniyora didn't anticipate being 1-7 with the Falcons at this point. Just like the Texans and the fan base didn't see us being where we are at this point of the season either. I'll say this or rather suggest this in the future... keep your personal goals to yourself. "20-20-20 club?" Keep it cool, man. Please believe, I want to see him, along with the entire defense, wreak havoc on opposing offenses. But gotta be humble with it. That aside, I hope that he does stay.

Its a business, and can't be mad at the guy for whatever he decides one way or the other. He has been good for Houston. But ultimately, the FO has to be better with personnel decisions as well as financially. I wish the Texans were better positioned financially with this new CBA. I think that when that does finally happen, things will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphabetZebra View Post
                      And then they can franchise tag him, right?

It might be too much of a gamble but eventually they're going to realize you can' t just load up these guys contracts because you like them personally. Schaub's contract is hampering the team, even Cushing's. Ninja...Daniels....all these guys make just a little too much, especially if the effort is a 2 win team!
                      You could do that. Technically you could activate his option of a 5th year at current pay, then franchise tag him in the 6th year for what would be a good chunk of money.

JJ would likely sit out all of preseason if this were to happen and would cause a lot of displeasure between him and the Texans. This would likely not happen.

The Texans can make a few moves after this season to free up some money and give JJ a new long term contract and make it cap friendly over a long period....similar to Duane Brown's contract. The Texans need to sign him quickly to avoid any kind of bidding war after the 2014 season.
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

Everyone says we are facing a huge rebuild but with the right people brought in it doesn't have to be lengthy. Look at the colts and chiefs. Of it done right we should be contenders again next year and a legit Super Bowl threat by the following.

Comment

Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post

Originally posted by C.O.DuB View Post
                          Didnt see the other threads or else I wouldn't have posted this one. I dont get on here everyday and I just wanted to open up dialog with the board members.
                          Don't worry about it, he hasn't had lunch yet. Dbruder44 has his own snickers commercial.

I think with the dynamic of the team changing it is a legitimate discussion. The way the team was falling apart, there was no doubt it has to be crossing his mind with contract discussions in the near future.

Maybe this change of scenery within the organization will keep those thoughts at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by rssfootball2011 View Post
                            Everyone says we are facing a huge rebuild but with the right people brought in it doesn't have to be lengthy. Look at the colts and chiefs. Of it done right we should be contenders again next year and a legit Super Bowl threat by the following.
                            The Colts just rolled up all their dead money in one year. Something the Texans could do in 2014 with a few moves.
                            TexansCap.com

Comment

He's going to be gone. GB will likely be his destination. I will glad eat crow if he doesnt leave. Very high chance he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X