No announcement yet.

Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Mario Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride Mario quite a bit on mb's but I'd rather have him long term if I had to choose a player between them. KVB is a good 4-3 end and we need to find a guy who can be a credible pass rusher on the weakside and move Mario to the SDE. I'd love to have KVB as a bookend, but if I had to chose one of the other I think that we can find a good weakside edge rusher easier than we can find an athlete like Mario....Mario is coming around slowly, but he is coming around to be the player everyone envisioned when we selected him.
    http://twitter.com/Vincent364

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without

Comment

Originally posted by dalemurphy View Post
      More importantly, Haynesworth plays in the middle and ALWAYS commands a double team.
      Fisher will rush 6 and force us to man-up and not allowing us to double team just like he did last game. He's a smart coach and putting pressure on Schaub early seems to be the best way to defeat our offense.

Comment

Vanden Bosch is a more skilled player. He has more pass rushing moves and he uses his hands better. That Mario has a similar impact on the stat sheet is a tribute to his athletic ability.

Vanden Bosch's motor is played up, but he can go all out on a play because he knows what he's supposed to do on the field. Mario is indecisive too often, and has to think too much when diagnosing his responsibility on a given play. As Williams gains experience, and hopefully settles into a position, his skills and instinct should catch up to his athletic ability. Should that happen, Mario will become a special player.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunta_23 View Post
          I think Mario is an awesome player and one that continue's to improve and show his true value to the team...But I never think that he will be seen as a good pick at #1 by the media....Even tho Reggie Bush and Vince Young are both living up to their hype either....If I was GM and I could draft over....Id take Mario over either of those guys...
          Who cares. What matters is that he continues to get better and becomes a good all around DE that we can depend on. NFL history is littered with players that were taken too high in the draft for one reason or another. It makes a great story but the bottom line is that we needed Mario just as bad as we needed another QB or RB. We have a QB now and we'll likely get our RB so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieVar View Post
            Williams is already a force to be reckon with now. We alway say imagine him in a couple years but I think what people are missing is IMAGINE OKOYE IN A FEW YEARS! As a rookie he has 5 sacks. We could see the next Rice/Sapp combo here. And to top that off with a "Brooks" in Ryans.
            That's the model we'd like to achieve since we run a similar base defense to the Tampa 2. Okoye reminds me a lot of Sapp, except for the fact that Sapp played with an extremely high motor in his prime. Okoye will be very good with the valuable experience he's getting by starting as a rookie.

Now we just need our Barber and Lynch and we're set

Comment

Originally posted by Vinny View Post
              I ride Mario quite a bit on mb's but I'd rather have him long term if I had to choose a player between them. KVB is a good 4-3 end and we need to find a guy who can be a credible pass rusher on the weakside and move Mario to the SDE. I'd love to have KVB as a bookend, but if I had to chose one of the other I think that we can find a good weakside edge rusher easier than we can find an athlete like Mario....Mario is coming around slowly, but he is coming around to be the player everyone envisioned when we selected him.
              agreed

Comment

Working...
              X