DeAndre Hopkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeAndre Hopkins

Is a stud. This is a great article on our #1 WR. It also has some interesting facts about our QB's:

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...g-seasons-ever

Just think what he could do with a good QB. Sound familiar?

Nice article, and I remember last year people criticizing this guy as not capable of being our #1. Haven't heard much about that lately.

Comment

Originally posted by texun View Post
      Is a stud. This is a great article on our #1 WR. It also has some interesting facts about our QB's:

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...g-seasons-ever

Just think what he could do with a good QB. Sound familiar?
      I could flip it and say a very good QB might spread the ball more instead of staring down Hopkins?
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Chapman View Post
        I could flip it and say a very good QB might spread the ball more instead of staring down Hopkins?
        Dang it Troy, you're gonna start another Mallet/Hoyer debate!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by austins23 View Post
          Yea that's on me, I need to be better and more consistent.

Hey I did say "very good QB".....
          TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by austins23 View Post
            One of the other message boards debate those 2 guys 24/7. People on this board seem to have come to their senses that neither QB is worth discussing at this point.

Hopkins has benefited from a team that is throwing the ball 2nd most in the NFL because they're almost always behind by at least a TD. I expect his numbers will go down once Foster is back to close to full strength. He's still a viable #1 but his numbers are overinflated because the TE's are nonexistent and the other reasons I pointed out.
            sigpicProud adopter of Jay Prosch

Comment

Originally posted by sleeper View Post
              One of the other message boards debate those 2 guys 24/7. People on this board seem to have come to their senses that neither QB is worth discussing at this point.

Hopkins has benefited from a team that is throwing the ball 2nd most in the NFL because they're almost always behind by at least a TD. I expect his numbers will go down once Foster is back to close to full strength. He's still a viable #1 but his numbers are overinflated because the TE's are nonexistent and the other reasons I pointed out.
              I was enjoying the other board for a bit...but it has gotten ugly over there lately.
              TexansCap.com

Comment

Like Sleeper said Hopkins stats are over inflated . Playing from behind and getting soft coverage when our opponents have played Prevent . People are excited over his number they need to look back where they came from . Not that hes not good but hes benefited a good bit from the situations ! Anyone disagree ?

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                  Like Sleeper said Hopkins stats are over inflated . Playing from behind and getting soft coverage when our opponents have played Prevent . People are excited over his number they need to look back where they came from . Not that hes not good but hes benefited a good bit from the situations ! Anyone disagree ?
                  I do metho - do you think a second teamer is not gonna grab an opportunity to impress his coach by taking away a play by a top tier WR?

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                    I do metho - do you think a second teamer is not gonna grab an opportunity to impress his coach by taking away a play by a top tier WR?
                    sigpicProud adopter of Jay Prosch

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                      Hes gonna try but the drop off in ability and reps give Hop a clear advantage IMHO . I didnt say he wasnt getting challenged but the quality of the players hes faced while racking up these yrds ? Whole different story .

Comment

Originally posted by Cogstexans View Post
                        Nice article, and I remember last year people criticizing this guy as not capable of being our #1. Haven't heard much about that lately.
                        Hey he had to prove himself first correct? And so far that's exactly what he's doing.

And for the record I don't remember anybody criticizing, some just didn't think he was a #1 receiver.

Opinions
                        sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                          Hes gonna try but the drop off in ability and reps give Hop a clear advantage IMHO . I didnt say he wasnt getting challenged but the quality of the players hes faced while racking up these yrds ? Whole different story .
                          You would have to ask yourself is Nuk the only beneficiary of this type of stat padding.
                          Iow, other receivers prolly get some easy yards too.

Comment

DHop is currently rated 9th/108 WRs overall by Pro Football Focus,

He's 3rd in WR scoring in fantasy football, which I find useful for comparison (but you have to note opportunies/Bye weeks)

“I feel like I can be better than Andre,” Hopkins said. “That’s my mindset. And that’s what Andre tells me. (He says) Don’t try to shadow yourself when you know you can be better.”
                            I think AJ helped DHop a lot, as noted by Brett Kollman on BRB:
                            Anatomy Of A Great Route: How Andre Johnson Is Molding DeAndre Hopkins Into A Monster
                            In my mind, Hopkins has wiped away any question as to whether he can be a true #1 this year. He's been the sole focus of this offense, and he's at the top of the league.

I was enjoying the other board for a bit...but it has gotten ugly over there lately.
                            Other? BRB?
                            Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

I took a break from there for awhile. Have been back but it is as you say.
                              Religion, it's the process of worshipping the messenger and ignoring the message.

Comment

Working...
                              X