This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oday Aboushi started at LG over Xavier Sua Filo vs the Colts,

In part due to injury (XSF) but O'Brien also said today that Aboushi earned that start by practicing well.

Jeff Allen's concussion necessitated Aboushi moving to RG and XSF coming back in at LG,

But it's something to watch going forward.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

• John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
      Texans aren't a fast-starting team. They've scored 47 points, same as opponents in first quarter. They're getting outscored 108-74 in the 2nd quarter

Being 18-0 and 5-0 this season when leading at halftime is remarkable when you consider performance of Texans' QBs.

In Bill O'Brien's 3 seasons, Texans are 18-0, including 5-0 this season, when they lead at halftime.
      Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

• Houston Texans @HoustonTexans
        Since Wk 8, the Texans have allowed 70.6 net rushing yards per game, which ranks 1st in @NFL, and 2 rushing TDs, tied for fewest in @NFL

Comment

• Houston Texans @HoustonTexans
          Texans have not allowed 300+ net passing yards in 25 straight games and only have one time in last 2 seasons (2015 Week 6 win at JAX)

Comment

• Ben Volin @BenVolin
            Per Stats Inc, Jets led the NFL with 30 passes dropped, Patriots tied for third-fewest (11).

Here is every team, by division

So we're 9th in dropped passes.
            Last edited by H2O4me; 01-05-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Texans' Quintin Demps on his future, A.J. Bouye: 'Pay the man'

By Aaron Wilson, Houston Chronicle

Demps on Demps...
                "You never know with this league," Demps said during a visit to the Texas Southern University museum along with students from Pro-Vision Academy to take in the traveling Hall of Fame exhibit. "I'm just grateful to be in a good position right now and just kind of hit it up in the offseason and take it one day at a time."

Honored by the NFL as the AFC Defensive Player of the Month in December after intercepting four passes and recording 22 tackles, six passes defended and one tackle for a loss over the final four games of the regular season, Demps was a pivotal figure for the AFC South champions' top-ranked defense and second-ranked pass defense.

"I think we can definitely get better," Demps said. "I think we had a good season. There's definitely some things we can work on and get better at."
                Demps on Bouye...
                "I think he's in a good position, a great place," Demps said. "I don't think he's dealing with anything negative, I'm sure it's all positive. I'm sure he's excited. I think he worked his butt off for it, so pay the man."

Then this...
                Demps has been on record wanting a multi-year deal in the range of $4-5 million a season. He has expressed his interest in staying with the Texans but is not willing to give a hometown discount to the team he has been with the past two seasons.

Comment

• Sarah Barshop @sarahbarshop
                  Bovada has odds on where certain QBs are going to end up next season. Romo to Houston is at 5/1, Garoppolo at 12/1 and Cutler at 10/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    Sarah Barshop @sarahbarshop
                    I think we have a better chance at Garappolo than Cutler.

Comment

Comment

• Greg Mancz cashes in as Texans' performance-based pay leader

Texans center Greg Mancz was the team's top earner in the NFL annual performance-based pay system, which rewards players for playing time based upon their salary levels.

Former undrafted center Greg Mancz salvaged the Texans' interior line situation last season when rookie starter Nick Martin underwent season-ending ankle surgery.

Mancz wound up solidifying the middle of the line, starting every game and held up capably as he drew praise repeatedly from coach Bill O'Brien and offensive line coach Mike Devlin.

Mancz was rewarded under the NFL annual performance-based pay system, which rewards players for playing time based upon their salary levels. The money doesn't count against the salary cap through a individual team pool of $3.995 million.

A former undrafted free agent from Toledo who earned a $525,000 minimum base salary last season, Mancz gets a team-high $314,808 payout.

Players have been paid over $1 billion cumulatively since the launch of the performance-based pay program in the 2002 NFL collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association and continued under the current labor deal.

Under the system, a fund is created and used as a supplemental form of player compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary. Players become eligible to receive a bonus distribution in any regular season in which they play at least one official down.

The amount is computed through a player index. To produce the index, a player's regular-season playtime based on total plays on offense, defense and special teams is divided by his adjusted regular-season compensation, his full-season salary, prorated portion of signing bonus and earned incentives.

Each player's index is then compared to those of the other players on his team to determine the amount of his pay.

Several other Texans players did well under the system, including undrafted safety Corey Moore. Moore replaced Andre Hal in the starting lineup late in the season. Moore will receive a $257,752 payout.

That was followed by Hal ($227,357), sixth-round rookie nose tackle D.J Reader ($159,851), defensive end Christian Covington ($151,893), inside linebacker and special-teams contributor Max Bullough ($133,161), second-team All-Pro inside linebacker Benardrick McKinney ($131,300), tight end Ryan Griffin ($122,843), tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz ($119,537), who established career milestones statistically, offensive guard Xavier Su'a-Filo ($105,754), wide receiver Braxton Miller ($98,256) and fullback Jay Prosch ($96,854).

Comment

• NFL GameDay @NFLGameDay
                          Which team has had the most starting QBs since 2014? The #Texans.

Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Mallett, Yates, Weeden, Hoyer, Osweiler, Savage.

Comment

• Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                            Deshaun Watson, D'Onta Foreman among Texans' rookies schedule to attend NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles

Comment

• Sarah Barshop, ESPN Staff Writer

According to Bovada, the Texans are tied for the fourth-best odds to win the AFC. Along with the Broncos, they're 9/1 to reach the Super Bowl. The defending champion Patriots are favorites in the AFC at 2/1.

Comment

• Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                                Texans worked out former Chargers wide receiver Javontee Herndon today, according to a source
                                Already looking to replace Mumphery.

Comment

Working...
                                X