David Quessenberry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Quessenberry

if I missed any news on him I apologize. Is he going to make the team this year, if so how likely is he to be a starter?

All we know is what we saw on Hard Knocks last year, about O'Brien saying to him that he saw him as making it back this year. I wouldn't bet against Q.....he's faced alot in life, I think he'll be driven to succeed. I'm sure we'll begin to hear once players have new contact with the team in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgmtexas View Post
      if I missed any news on him I apologize. Is he going to make the team this year, if so how likely is he to be a starter?
      Mid-June 2016 will put DQ past the two year mark, the period with the highest recurrence rate. I'm not sure if he'll continue maintenance treatments past that or not.

Either way, he's facing a tough task to make a difference in the league... but I won't put anything past DQStrong.
      Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Does anyone follow him on Twitter? I don't have a Twitter account, but know a bunch of you do. Would be interested if he's been posting anything about training, lifting, etc lately....

Comment

Originally posted by dallas_texan View Post
          Does anyone follow him on Twitter? I don't have a Twitter account, but know a bunch of you do. Would be interested if he's been posting anything about training, lifting, etc lately....
          He's not posting but he's working out and hoping 2016 is his year.
          Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by OB4me View Post
            He's not posting but he's working out and hoping 2016 is his year.
            Yeah I think this would be his last chance here ? Im hoping hes back with a Vengeance stays healthy and tears some noggins Off lol !!

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
              Yeah I think this would be his last chance here ?
              He hasn't had a first chance yet.

He was drafted in April 2013, had his truck stolen in June, and then DQ broke his foot without contact in September.

June 2014 he got his diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by OB4me View Post
                He hasn't had a first chance yet.

He was drafted in April 2013, had his truck stolen in June, and then DQ broke his foot without contact in September.

June 2014 he got his diagnosis.
                I know his story. Im just thinking ifs hes not ready Health wise would they be willing to keep him ? Hes still gets paid and its a results business not that any of it was his fault . I was thrilled with drafting him ,who would have thought we still havent seen him really play by this time . Hope hes good to go .

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                  Im just thinking ifs hes not ready Health wise would they be willing to keep him ?
                  If it were me, I keep him as long as he wants in some capacity that doesn't limit the team. He's one of our own now, would not abandon him.

Comment

Hope the dude makes it....would be a great success story.

Comment

Hope he has a long and happy life........... if he plays in the NFL ever again thats just icing on the cake.
                      THE Anti troll

Comment

David Quessenberry can't wait to get back to Texans, says he's feeling great
                        By Aaron Wilson
                        David Quessenberry endured months of intensive chemotherapy treatment and radiation therapy for non-Hodgkins lymphoma that sapped him of his strength and caused him to lose weight.

The Texans offensive guard dealt with the uncertainty of his football future while spending the past two seasons on the non-football illness list, receiving the good news last year from his oncologist that his cancer was in remission.

Now, Quessenberry is enjoying his health and the return of the bulk and power required of an NFL offensive lineman. He no longer requires radiation treatments, but does undergo chemotherapy once a month as part of a 30-month maintenance.

"I feel excellent," said Quessenberry, who received medical treatment at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and in San Diego. "I can't wait. I feel strong. I feel fast. I feel explosive. It's the best I've felt in a long time. I can't wait to get out there. It will be a good year."

Quessenberry experienced a persistent cough and shortness of breath during a minicamp two years ago and was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins T lymphoblastic lymphoma at age 23. Doctors discovered a mass in his lungs. Enough fluid had built up that it could have been fatal if they hadn't taken action quickly.

"I'm very happy about how everything is going," said Quessenberry, who is looking forward to resuming his NFL career. "I feel great."

A former sixth-round draft pick from San Jose State who earned a scholarship, started 38 games and was a team captain and all-conference blocker after enrolling as a 235-pound walk-on tight end from Encinitas, Calif., Quessenberry was sidelined his rookie season with a foot injury and spent the year on injured reserve.

Quessenberry inspired his teammates and coaches with his determination and grit to beat cancer. There was a Team DQ campaign and a $100,000 donation for lymphoma research.

"This is a tough guy," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said last year. "This is a guy that went out there and practiced three or four times with cancer. Before he was diagnosed, he was fighting through what he thought was probably some type of flu, cold or something."

A former Senior Bowl all-star game participant, Quessenberry ran the 40-yard dash in 5.08 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds at the NFL scouting combine three years ago. Listed on the roster at 6-5, 306 pounds, Quessenberry has worked diligently to regain his size and strength. He says he's close to his old playing weight.

"I'm a little bit shy of what I was playing at before, but I'm at the weight I want to be at right now," Quessenberry said. "I feel like this is the right weight for me. I feel fast and explosive. My conditioning is good at this weight. I'm going to stay around here. Once we get on the field and see how things go, we'll see, but this is a good weight for me. I can't wait to get out there. I look forward to it."

Quessenberry will be rejoined by an old San Jose State teammate when the Texans have their organized team activities later this month. The Texans drafted San Jose State all-purpose running back Tyler Ervin in the fourth round.

"He came in and he was skinny, but he was always real fast and you could tell this kid was going to be special," Quessenberry said. "I used to call him 'The Future' at San Jose. After I left, he was one of the guys I kept pretty close tabs on. He was a stud for that team.

"I got to watch him grow, and I'm excited to watch him grow as a rookie in the NFL and becoming an even better football player. I'm even more excited about having Tyler as a teammate and being able to play with him again."
                        #DQStrong

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                          Thanks for this post.

Comment

This guy hit me in the feels last season on Hard Knocks when OB told him he wouldn't be playing that season.

I'm very happy for him.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

The last post on the main site, he said he can't wait to start training camp. He gained his weight back and said he is as strong or maybe stronger than when he had the illness. All he wants now is to get in football shape. It's different to hit a live body than a dummy. He beat his illness and I have faith that he will do the same to any that doubt his comeback.

Comment

Working...
                              X