Braxton Miller, WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braxton Miller, WR

The Texans add another offensive weapon with this kid out of Ohio State.
    Welcome wide reciever Braxton Miller!
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

love this pick. Oh boy our offense is gonna be explosive!!

Defenses gonna have their hands full

Comment

Offense heavy draft! Welcome to H-Town!!!

Comment

This is my favourite pick of the draft. The guard we needed it, fuller i don't like.

Welcome Miller!

Comment

• HEIGHT: 6'1"
          • ARM LENGTH: 31 3/4"
          • WEIGHT: 201LBS.
          • HANDS: 9 1/8"
          OVERVIEW
          One of the more interesting stories in college football in 2015, Miller's descent from two-time Big Ten MVP to third-string passer could have ended badly. But after missing 2014 with a shoulder injury, Miller took on the challenge of switching to receiver for his senior year. Bragging that he was the "best athlete in college football", Miller looked prophetic with outstanding open-field moves and speed in the limited opportunities he received this season (24 catches, 329 yards, three TD receiving; 40 carries, 234 yards, one TD rushing). His elusiveness with the ball wasnít surprising, as he had rushed for more than 1,000 yards in 2012 and 2013, but the natural hands he showed as a receiver make him an intriguing prospect.

PRO DAY RESULTS
          40-yard dash: 4.41 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
          Considered one of the leaders for the winningest senior class in college football history. Immediately checks boxes for height, weight and speed. Features legitimate vertical acceleration to climb over the top on deep routes. Hands are good enough, but concentration is even better. Uses well-timed leaps and dives to make the demanding catches. Capability as a zone-read quarterback create added value. Has loose hips for jitterbug elusiveness in space and it isnít easy to get a solid hit on him.

WEAKNESSES
          Just one year of work at receiver and has limited production as a pass-catcher. Reliant upon speed and athletic ability over skill at the position. Needs major route work. Upright into his routes with very little sell from his upper body to create hesitation from defenders. Not yet ready to work the intermediate routes. Used deep and short. Needs to improve his ball security and get ball tucked away in proper arm.

DRAFT PROJECTION
          Rounds 2 or 3

SOURCES TELL US
          "He's going to go by at least the third round because of his speed and athleticism. He's got some traits that will get him drafted early and a team will worry about coaching him up after they get him in." -- NFC executive

NFL COMPARISON
          Andre Roberts

BOTTOM LINE
          Miller had a storied two-year run at quarterback where he was able to produce explosive, winning plays for the Buckeyes. His transition to a new position will be a work in progress that may last longer than some expect, but his size, speed and athletic traits are appealing. Millerís ability with the ball in his hands could help his cause, but the difference between being a gadget player and productive receiver will rest with his ability to digest coaching and convert it on the field.
          8. BRAXTON MILLER, Ohio State (6-1 Ĺ, 202, 4.45, 3): Moved to WR in 2015 because of a right shoulder injury that required two operations and the Buckeyes' surplus of QBs. Went 22-2 with an NFL passer rating of 100.0 and rushed for 33 rushing TDs as a QB; Big Ten MVP in 2012 and '13. "Kind of like the Percy Harvin kid where they just get him the ball and let him be an athlete," one scout said. "He's still raw at receiver. Kind of an introverted kid. Not a big personality. I wouldn't take him before the third. Just average smarts." Scored 9 on the Wonderlic a year ago before improving to 19 on his second attempt. "He is a project, but a worthwhile project," a second scout said. "He's got speed, and he's probably the best runner of the football of the whole group." Started seven of 13 games in the slot, catching 26 for 341 (13.1) and three TDs. "I really have my doubts right now," said a third scout. "There's a long way for him to go. He's an athlete, but draft him high? Not me." From Huber Heights, Ohio.

Comment

All I can say is double wow. Bill O'Brien and Godsey are trying to go to war offensively. This young man is very fast and explosive.

Dynamic pick.

I know a lot of fans won't like this pick.

https://youtu.be/tLOYEi5BIyI
            sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

So is this our new slot receiver?
              " You mess with the bull, you get the horns".

Comment

Love this pick. Love Martin. Didn't like the Fuller pick at first, but I can see the logic with the stretch the field-type speed. Return game is gonna go from terrible to awesome now

Comment

Welcome. I like the pick.
                  Alan Jackson isn't the only one who wishes Dallas was in Tennessee!

Comment

Ran a 4.41 at his pro day....love the speed
                    " You mess with the bull, you get the horns".

Comment

New punt returner.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fdknuckles View Post
                        So is this our new slot receiver?
                        Yes, and I'm wondering he might return punts... anybody recall him doing so?

Comment

OB wants to score points. We have a dangerous defense and now we need an offense that can pull away from teams.

Comment

Say what you want about Rick but he's going for the jugular with this draft. Miller is one of those guys with sky high ceilings you never think the Texans would get. I thought for sure he would go in the 2nd after the Senior bowl but he fell and we got him. Sweet! Welcome Braxton Miller!

Comment

Need for speed. It's about to go down.

Does the say Strong and Shorts are in trouble?
                              sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X