Colvin #59

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colvin #59

Welcome Rosevelt Colvin! Now go get with the equipment manager and get a new number because #59 is taken by some linebacker. Anyone think colvin would mind? What number will he wear?
    Last edited by ubecool454; 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM.

Originally posted by ubecool454 View Post
    Welcome Roosevelt Colvin! Now go get with the equipment manager and get a new number because #59 is taken by some linebacker. Anyone think colvin would mind? What number will he wear?
    He could take Diles' number, but I doubt he will. As far as I'm concerned, he can have Greenwood's number, and his starting job as well.
    I'm the CEO. You Shut Up.

Comment

he can pick anything he wants as long as it doesn't start with a 5 and end with a 9....I'm not willing to have my prized Meco jersey altered for anybody.

Comment

Perhaps his jersey should read 90+1... It would also be great if we could change his first name to Luigi.
        Last edited by sir trentalot; 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Isn't 53 available? or perhaps he can have one in the 90s.
          90 Mario
          91 Amobi
          92 Zgonina
          93 Bullman
          94 Kalu
          95 Maddox
          97 Eric Powell
          98 Weaver
          99 TJ

I figure Powell is gone.

Comment

what?

Originally posted by #1MendenhallFan View Post
            He could take Diles' number, but I doubt he will. As far as I'm concerned, he can have Greenwood's number, and his starting job as well.
            Now just what is wrong with Greenwood? The guy has been solid since he has been here. In 2007 started 15 of 16 games, 118 tackles (90 solo) 1 sack, 1 int and forced one fumble. Demeco had 127 tackles (98 solo) 2 sacks, 1 int and 1 TD. Get up off of Greenwood.
            Last edited by ubecool454; 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-B
              It will be different numbers. In 2 games he will wear 18. 2 other games he will be wearing 10. You smell what I'm cooking here?
              Man that smells good!!! When's dinner ready?!?!

I'm so stoked we signed this guy, he's gonna make our weak secondary that much better on passing downs. Anyone think he may also have an oppurtunity to start at SOLB?

GO TEXANS!!!

P.S.- How much $ for how many years?
              Texans 9-7 in '07!!! - close but not quite...

Texans 11-5 in '08!!! - DO IT!!!

Comment

Kevis Coley is wearing 53 ... for now. I'm guessing Rosey will end up with either that number or Mark Fenton's 58.

Comment

I agree that Greenwood is a solid--not great--4-3 linebacker. The Texans could do a lot worse.

I think Colvin probably stays in the 50s. We'll have to see how training camps shakes to see which #.
                  The future is... now. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by ubecool454 View Post
                    Now just what is wrong with Greenwood? The guy has been solid since he has been here. In 2007 started 15 of 16 games, 118 tackles (90 solo) 1 sack, 1 int and forced one fumble. Demeco had 127 tackles (98 solo) 2 sacks, 1 int and 1 TD. Get up off of Greenwood.
                    Yeah I have no idea why Greenwood gets bashed so much, the guy put up hella numbers this last season, and as you said he has been solid.

TEXANS GRIDIRON DOT COM

Comment

Greenwood is the quiet sort, so people are prone to talk about how he isn't pulling his weight compared to the hyped up folk.

Still a solid guy but we'd all like a little more production.
                      Last edited by Texan Naija; 06-17-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

NFL.com has some video of Colvin smashing Manning. It is great I wated it a few times.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09...ampaign=ec0009

Comment

I have a feeling he will wear something in the 90s. Like he said he feels like he can rush the pass so thats what he will be doing. He will be brought in a DE on passing downs so he can put payton,guarrard,young and anyone else on their back OR free up Mario so he can put them on their back.
                          Proud adopter of Demeco Ryans for the 3rd straight time 2009 - 2010 playoff season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by done88 View Post
                            NFL.com has some video of Colvin smashing Manning. It is great I wated it a few times.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09...ampaign=ec0009

It also shows him smacking Shaub in the grill when he was still in ATL. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by HydrOshocK View Post
                              he can pick anything he wants as long as it doesn't start with a 5 and end with a 9....I'm not willing to have my prized Meco jersey altered for anybody.
                              me either

but ESPN has Colvin listed as #59 too
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=hou

only one of either Eslinger (#50) or Fenton (#58) will be the backup center, maybe he'll inherit one of those numbers.
                              Last edited by ObsiWan; 06-17-2008, 05:32 PM.

BattleRED Koolade... Is it in you?

Comment

Working...
                              X