Who Should Obie Pick As OC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should Obie Pick As OC...

I still think Obie needs an OC in the same vein as RC. To me, Norv Turner should be the guy. He has the experience and track record to free Obie from trying to micro-manage the offense and allow him to solely focus on being an NFL HC. Give him the Texans Playbook and allow him the latitude to make some adjustments that fits the available talent and maybe add some of his own ideas.

We need points. I don't know how we are gonna do it but we gotta do it.

Comment

I'd also hope that the Texans and their Staff would see the benefit of looking into hiring Bruce Mathews or Mike Munchak as OL Coach since both are HOF OL and have coached the position in the NFL. Either one or both could be assets to the staff.

Comment

He picked himself.

Comment

Originally posted by tomjn80 View Post
          He picked himself.
          Is this a good thing? Seems as though he and Godsey were connected at the hip when calling the offense this season...according to Obie.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post

Is this a good thing? Seems as though he and Godsey were connected at the hip when calling the offense this season...according to Obie.
            I'm more inclined to think OB was just covering for his good friend Godsey and partially taking the blame for the lackluster offense. In my opinion (and thats all it is, opinion) OB's first year he called the plays, 2nd year he allowed Godsey to be a larger part of the playcalling and his 3rd year he gave Godsey the reins. I think he did everything he could to allow Godsey a chance to succeed, but we know the end result.

With Romeo now handling the in game management of challenges and time management, OB can devote himself to the offensive playcalling more fully (and possibly help construct a playbook that can win with Brock under center (Hopefully).

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
              We need points. I don't know how we are gonna do it but we gotta do it.
              We know the NE system works. Question is are any NE system OCs around? If not, anyone who can run a similar system and maybe it becomes a West Coast/NE hybrid which is a very interesting idea. I don't think a Zone system mixed with NE system would be good as the Zone tends to be check downs with few long strikes. It would help Brock who we maybe all but ordered to start. Seeing he did it in Denver, but to score we can't run a zone system and only toss dump off passes 85% of the time. We saw how that works with Gary.
              JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
              X