I am weighing in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am weighing in

Please, we have been up and down in this city as to who might be our starting quarterback for YEARS. We finally make a great move after never having a qb worth anything and draft Watson. Then as should be we make Savage our starting QB. AND WE DITCH HIM IN 2 QUARTERS INTO THE SEASON? DOES THIS SOUND WISHY WASHY FAMILIAR? *** ARE WE THINKING? Then pour Watson comes in and fails. How much worse could they set this up???

Interesting that you felt like Watson's performance was a failure.

On a team with no TEs... literally, 0 were available.
    One of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen.
    Starting their 4th string WR opposite Hopkins, only to have him injured and move on to your 5TH STRING WR...

I'd say he was probably the only bright spot.

On his first NFL drive ever, he manufactured a scoring drive against the #6 defense in yards allowed last year (by the way.. they got better).
    He had a couple throw aways
    He struggled with some low throws
    Had a miscommunication / blown route with Hopkins

But overall.. with the defense in his face all day, not having an opportunity to game plan or run with the ones, and this being his first start.. I thought he played pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
      not having an opportunity to game plan or run with the ones, and this being his first start.. I thought he played pretty well.
      Well, to be honest, Jax didn't have an opportunity to game plan against DW either. When teams start gameplanning for him, and figure out what he does best, then we'll see how he does.

Comment

Originally posted by vtech9 View Post

Well, to be honest, Jax didn't have an opportunity to game plan against DW either. When teams start gameplanning for him, and figure out what he does best, then we'll see how he does.
        Agreed, I'm not tryin to say that he's the savior that guides us to home field advantage in the playoffs, just that his performance was better than the stats show in my opinion.

Comment

C'mon man, Watson showed he was not ready. He would have had two pics in one half with zero points against a prevent defense if not for a penalty away from the ball. Granted neither QB had sufficient protection to throw the ball. I am not a fan of Watson and never have been. But with that said, the Texans have no business playing him until he can be put in a situation with a chance of succeeding. It is more than likely they are going to ruin any chance he has of becoming a good QB by playing him behind a hot mess of an oline. Being put in a game to "run around and make plays" isn't ideal for his development. He needs to learn how to throw from a protected pocket, not a read-option, roll-out, and run for his life scheme. This is OB throwing his hands up to show RS that he ruined any chance we had of being a good team by trading two 1st round pics for a weak armed QB and not signing Cutler, drafting Cam Robinson (who whipped Clowney in his first NFL start), and drafting Webb. We likely traded a top 5 pic next year in Watson deal and gave our 2nd away to take Brocks contract. We should have just cut him and kept the pic. A 2nd round pic in the top 40 is worth more than the 16 million we saved to throw away on a Clowney deal. I personally doubt Watson has a better career than Kizer or Webb or any of the QBs taken in the 2018 1st round. I'm done defending OB, if he can't man up and play players that are better than the starters, he needs to move on. No way Cushing, Allen, SFX, Miller, or Watson should be starters. Those are OBs calls. I would have to be fired before I would have done any of those things.
          Last edited by lrtexasman; 6 days ago.

Comment

Watson, ready or not, should play the rest of the way. Does a rookie QB that sits out come in year two or three and really light it up? Does a superior talent at QB light it up when in his first year? There are rare exceptions but really it simply takes reps and GameDay experience. The door was openned after the first half and Watson was pushed through so HE'S the guy. Done.

Comment

I think we should run, run, run, punt and if we do happen to get a FG from a defensive turnover, we should on side kick every chance we get. And this time if we win the coin toss again....let's just throw caution to the wind and actually take the ball and see what happens. After all lechler is the secret weapon. Let's make punting the new touchdown.
              Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
              TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
              X