Coaching Prospects from McNair Presser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Prospects from McNair Presser

So what I am getting out of the press conference is that McNair wants the next head coach to have the following:

1. Head Coaching experience (college or pro)
    2. NFL coaching experience
    3. Defensive minded
    4. Non-NFL Player

With that said, who are the prospects?

Maybe Lovie Smith, Mike Zimmer, Nick Sabin, Brian Billick, Tony Dungy, Wade Phillips
    Last edited by Texans Fan 79; 12-06-2013, 01:14 PM.

Well Chucky is not a defensive coach---but he knows people who are. He can also light a fire under this whole organization. Bevell is a former player, but a good co-ordinator. Not sure about Lovie Smith (offense or defense). Sumlin--can't manage his own "D".
    Any suggestions as per the criteria required?

Comment

Rex Ryan is the only guy I can think of that fits that criteria. Not saying I want him but I'm pretty sure he fits all.

Comment

character issues, pass
        Check outwww.ryanperrio.com add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/ryanperrio

Comment

Ray Horton, Bill O'Brien, David Shaw, or Darrell Bevell.

Comment

Potential coaching candidates to replace Gary Kubiak
            http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...e-gary-kubiak/

Jon Gruden, analyst, ESPN
            Lovie Smith, former head coach, Chicago
            Darrell Bevell, offensive coordinator, Seattle
            Gus Malzahn, head coach, Auburn
            Bill O’Brien, head coach, Penn State
            Todd Bowles, defensive coordinator, Arizona
            Pete Carmichael, offensive coordinator, New Orleans
            David Shaw, head coach, Stanford

Comment

Originally posted by cmoak1982 View Post
              Rex Ryan is the only guy I can think of that fits that criteria. Not saying I want him but I'm pretty sure he fits all.
              Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! We had enough of a circus here without bringing a clown to be a HC-----he can't even run the team he has-----look at ALL the controversy he has been involved in NY over the last 5 years. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BUBBA BENNETT View Post
                Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! We had enough of a circus here without bringing a clown to be a HC-----he can't even run the team he has-----look at ALL the controversy he has been involved in NY over the last 5 years. No thank you.
                I don't want him, I hate his personality. I was just saying he has head coach experience, a defensive guy, non-nfl player. That criteria is hard to find fits.

Comment

I don't know if I like the requirements that he brought up. There are quite a few defensive coordinators that could be head coaches but just don't have HC experience. Everyone has mentioned David Shaw, does he have NFL experience?

EDIT: He's been an assistant coach with the Eagles, Raiders, and Ravens. He has a solid program at Stanford and as of now, GIVEN THE REQUIREMENTS THAT MCNAIR GAVE, He's my vote. I also like Bill O'Brien and Gus Malzahn.

Someone that doesn't fit the requirements that I like, Mark Dantonio HC Michigan State or his DC Pat Narduzzi. The #1 rated defense even with less talent given that Michigan State doesn't get the kind of recruiting that Alabama or teams in the SEC get. Outside of this year.

Todd Grantham DC Georgia would also be on a lot of teams radars but might not now because of this year's unsuccessful defensive performance. (A lot of freshman on that defense)
                  Last edited by AngryNateFTW; 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

What abou cower?

Comment

dude rex ryan led an average talented team to back to back afc champs with a sorry qb as well. If he had our talent he could win big.

Rex has a winning record with sanchez and geno as his qbs, if he had schaub he could win. lol. if rex had this talent he would win and also he doesnt play favorites, if you play bad you go to the bench. period, thats what we need. and he knows defense even better than wade, ryan was the top d coord before.

Comment

This is why the Texans will always be mediocre. Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach.

Name the "controversy" has he been involved in with the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by SPOTexas View Post
                          This is why the Texans will always be mediocre. Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach.

Name the "controversy" has he been involved in with the Jets.
                          "TOE" Gate!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Forgot about Jack Del Rio---he's young enough (50), great defensive coach, but would have to wait until Denver is eliminated from the play-offs.

Comment

Lovie Smith.......

......was the first name to pop up that got me a little excited. Just researched his career with the Bears. He pretty much did what Kubiak has done all these years. A few winning seasons only to fall short of the playoffs, and many lack-luster seasons, some really terrible. I know it takes more than just one coach to win a Super Bowl, but Lovie seems to be a lateral replacement for Kubiak and not an upward one.

If John Gruden was even remotely interested in the job, The Texans wouldn't be willing to pay him the money he'd require, period.

Comment

Working...
                              X