Bill O'Brien

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuppacoffee View Post
    If OB leaves I am fairly certain his new team will win a SB before the Texans even get to play in one.
    And he would be the second head coach who left the Texans and got to a Super Bowl...

But it's not the owner/GM, nooooo.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

And he would be the second head coach who left the Texans and got to a Super Bowl...

But it's not the owner/GM, nooooo.
      Lets not forget Rick Smith left the Broncos and they won the big game too....but its not him...not at all...he is an excellent GM and evaluator of talent...as long as you come from purdue you've basically got a spot on the the team

Comment

• "Bill O'Brien hates in in Houston" with Smith/McNair -- ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio
        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

"Bill O'Brien hates in in Houston" with Smith/McNair -- ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio
          Link?

Comment

"Bill O'Brien hates in in Houston" with Smith/McNair -- ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio
            Bill O'Brien LOVES it in Houston with Smith/McNair -- Democratic National Enquirer --

I think my report has as much cred as the other.
            Last edited by HTMBMod; 3 weeks ago. Reason: no politics
            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

• The reports of dissension in the front office need to be put to bed. Rick should extend OB for another five years before training camp. Timing suggests the optimum time is between the end of OTAs and the beginning of Training Camp to get it done. Both before and after that time frame is too much of a distraction.

This is good for both PR and the Team.

ps That means the preliminary discussions with OB's Agent should start soon, perhaps during Phase two of OTA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPOTexas View Post

Link?
                Mike Florio Believes Mahomes Will Be There When the Texans Pick

Profootballtalk's, Mike Florio, joined Matt and Brian T. Smith and talked about the QBs the Texans might draft tonight, and how many he expects to go in round one. Mike also discussed who the Browns will take with their top two picks, and which round he expects Oklahoma RB, Joe Mixon, to be drafted.

Finally, Mike said he is hearing that Bill O'Brien hates coaching in Houston.

Comment

• I have posted 2 tweets that I saw in the past 36hrs about friends and family saying he is leaving after 2018. I'm sure more information is available on the topic and not all of it is just rumors
                  JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

• If he hates Houston then the team is doomed. No way they play hard for a walk out. Everyone plays to keep their job. If he hates Hou then he should just get out.

Guess what as anyone with a job knows...you can't fire your boss and owner.
                    1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

• Originally posted by TexSid View Post
                      If he hates Houston then the team is doomed. No way they play hard for a walk out. Everyone plays to keep their job. If he hates Hou then he should just get out.

Guess what as anyone with a job knows...you can't fire your boss and owner.
                      Smith wanted Lovie Smith when McNair hired OB. If OB leaves...just a feeling that that could be the new HC. I'm pretty sure all of OBs staff would go with him. Much like in NE, the staff sticks together.

Comment

• Or Vrabel is the new coach. I have been amazingly underwhelmed by our offense. That was supposed to be his strength. I guess I'd look good too coaching Tom Brady. Romeo Crennel and his staff would be the loss. I mean really. WE WERE THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE NFL.
                        1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

• Interesting that his "reporting" on this is no better than any casual fan fooled by misinformation. He's losing any credibility he might have remaining by relying too much on ignorant web site rumors.

When did people start being so gullible to believe tweets?
                          Last edited by Marshall; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall View Post

Interesting that his "reporting" on this is no better than any casual fan fooled by misinformation. He's losing any credibility he might have remaining by relying too much on ignorant web site rumors.

When did people start being so gullible to believe tweets?
                            Occasionally he has decent guests on his podcast, but he's never provided any insight that makes me think he's credible... His recent rants talking about how the Raiders move to Vegas legitimizes Vegas and sports betting feels like he's grasping at anything "controversial" to remain relevant...

Comment

• Per Peter King:

One final thing: When Gaine left for Buffalo last week, I took that as a bad sign for O’Brien’s future. O’Brien liked and respected Gaine. For Gaine to makes a sideways move to the Buffalo Bills may not be a great sign for the long-term prospects of the O’Brien administration.

Something to consider

Comment

• Yeah as just hope that O'Brien can recover. And Gaine to go to Buffalo says something about the Bills.
                                [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X